Plantronics Voyager Legend headset drains battery

Search This thread

dixit

Apr 26, 2006
ATL
Anyone using a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset with their Galaxy S5? Im on conference calls about 5-7hrs a day and about 2-3weeks ago got this headset to replace my drying Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset. The Legend works great but what I notice in the battery usage section, Bluetooth shows as highest usage when Im on say 4hrs of calls and that's about all the battery lasts.

If I go back to my Plantronics Voyager Pro HD and take the same level of calls, I can easily go 4-5hrs and Bluetooth is no where on the top of the list of the battery usage. Also have more battery left over say like 40% still left over. My Voyager Pro HD only lasts about 3.5-4hrs now, battery isn't as good as before where it would go 6hrs solid. The Legend goes 7hrs but kills the phone in the process.

Something with how it seems the Legend connects to the S5 and causes it to use more power. I cant find specs on the Legend or Pro HD to see what Bluetooth levels they operate on.

Dixit

Rumbleweed

Dec 22, 2010
Noticed this as well but hadn't narrowed down to Voyager, but that is when I started noticing battery drain. Also my old Plantronics did voice dialing from contact list with out sharing with Google. This one required sharing contacts. Before you know it google will know more about me than I do. Any way to use voice dial without sharing contacts?

Anyone using a Plantronics Voyager Legend headset with their Galaxy S5? Im on conference calls about 5-7hrs a day and about 2-3weeks ago got this headset to replace my drying Plantronics Voyager Pro HD headset. The Legend works great but what I notice in the battery usage section, Bluetooth shows as highest usage when Im on say 4hrs of calls and that's about all the battery lasts.

If I go back to my Plantronics Voyager Pro HD and take the same level of calls, I can easily go 4-5hrs and Bluetooth is no where on the top of the list of the battery usage. Also have more battery left over say like 40% still left over. My Voyager Pro HD only lasts about 3.5-4hrs now, battery isn't as good as before where it would go 6hrs solid. The Legend goes 7hrs but kills the phone in the process.

Something with how it seems the Legend connects to the S5 and causes it to use more power. I cant find specs on the Legend or Pro HD to see what Bluetooth levels they operate on.

Dixit

dixit

Apr 26, 2006
ATL
Not sure. Didn't use that feature myself. I've been back to using the Voyager Pro HD even though my battery life on it sucks. But at least my phone isn't getting drained. BTW both headsets have the latest firmware via Plantronics MyHeadset.

Dixit