4.2.1 touchwiz leaks!

Search This thread

Ryno77

Feb 13, 2012
We're around 2-3 months behind the international version, correct? 4.2.1 has leaked but we're not even on 4.1.2 yet :D. I care but it's not a huge deal to me but some sort of timeline would be nice.

gianptune

Oct 10, 2010
You guys that are getting excited about 4.2.1 must have never used it before. This version will become known as the Windows Vista of Android.

The biggest bug I have is https://code.google.com/p/android/i...c=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars&id=39633 . It was somewhat fixed in 4.2.2, but not completely. There are several other issues introduced in 4.2. There are lots of people that believe that nothing since 4.1.2 has been better than that version. Each Android since then has had bugs that ruin the experience and should have been caught by the beta testing team.

cvsolidx17

Sep 30, 2008
Boston
You guys that are getting excited about 4.2.1 must have never used it before. This version will become known as the Windows Vista of Android.

The biggest bug I have is https://code.google.com/p/android/i...c=ID Type Status Owner Summary Stars&id=39633 . It was somewhat fixed in 4.2.2, but not completely. There are several other issues introduced in 4.2. There are lots of people that believe that nothing since 4.1.2 has been better than that version. Each Android since then has had bugs that ruin the experience and should have been caught by the beta testing team.

You're talking strictly TW right? Because the only issues with 4.2 AOSP are the signal and bluetooth, which I believe was fixed with 4.2.2. The signal has been worked on and is actually pretty decent depending on which ROM you flash. What other "experience ruining" bugs have you dealt with?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

M

mentose457

You're talking strictly TW right? Because the only issues with 4.2 AOSP are the signal and bluetooth, which I believe was fixed with 4.2.2. The signal has been worked on and is actually pretty decent depending on which ROM you flash. What other "experience ruining" bugs have you dealt with?

4.2 on my nexus devices runs without a hitch. l haven't even had issues with Bluetooth. 4.2 on my S3 on the other hand has been a bit buggier. Data drops, crappy Bluetooth audio and crappy/inoperable camera have plagued every rom I've tried.

Masterfisto

Jul 4, 2012
4.2 on my nexus devices runs without a hitch. l haven't even had issues with Bluetooth. 4.2 on my S3 on the other hand has been a bit buggier. Data drops, crappy Bluetooth audio and crappy/inoperable camera have plagued every rom I've tried.

The Unofficial CM10.1 rom by Mastamoon has been running great on my Verizon S3. They are nightlies, but certainly don't act like it!

Sent from my Cm10.1 Galaxy S3

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
Hopefully this fixes data issues. Where I normally have 3 bars of 4g I had 1 or none on every 4.2 rom. Even the new builds do the same thing. Maybe my phone donesnt like them? Ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Hopefully this fixes data issues. Where I normally have 3 bars of 4g I had 1 or none on every 4.2 rom. Even the new builds do the same thing. Maybe my phone donesnt like them? Ha

It shows the signal differently. The actual dBm should be the same. At least that's what I'm to understand.

prenedo

Mar 22, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I hope Samsung is working on a theme/skin engine for TW. They've come a long way with the level of customization in TW, but it's just so d@mn ugly. Can't wait to see what else Sammy has integrated with 4.2.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I doubt it, I think it will attain the touchwiz looks just as they did from ICS to JB...
still green battery, toggles.. etc

Top Liked Posts