M8 improved upon...

Search This thread

10rdan

Sep 3, 2013
Still don't think the m8's looks have been surpassed. Definitely not by m9 and, from what I've seen, not by the a9 either.

Specs don't, to me, seem significantly better either. No front facing speakers, only 2gb of ram, for UK.

:confused:

Last edited:

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Granted the title and the questioning emoji don't help. However it's basically a general discussion. Not quite on the A9, but the M8 in general.

HTC is literally on a last ditch effort at this point in their history. Where the future will end up with them being bought out, closing shop or hopefully getting back on their feet and becoming a well received icon again.

The M8 is a pretty well designed device, granted it has it's downsides that everyone has their own opinions on. The M9 is its own beauty, but I've stuck with the M8 because it's still a capable device and better looking. With the A9 sure its design language HTC had well before the Iphone 6. However a device as well received and common like an iPhone it will be a copycat to the general public. We can all make our statements against calling HTC copycats, but at this point it's a label that will stick.

I would like to see their next flagship be something to wow us all. A design that is HTC. If they attempt to improve on the M8/9 design again which isn't entirely a bad thing, but a new fresh look would be nicer. The M8 has been the longest daily driver I've kept in a long time. I normally go for their new flagships, but the tides might be changing. Once my M8 gives its last breath if the common trend continues I'll regrettably be moving away from HTC.

For the love of all things not the iPhone. I sure hope not

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
I still love my M8 and dont feel the need to upgrade really. It has great looks, great performance... The only thing I miss is the battery life I used to have when we were on Kitkat. Also, there seems to be an occacional lag that only goes away when you clean recent apps...seems to me that HTC rushed the Lollipop update, I hope they fix these issues with the Marshmallow update.
Regarding the M9 I find it hard to believe they will be able to acomplish the 15 days after Nexus window for updates since it still has Sense skin, but time will tell.

fraehngi

Sep 17, 2013
Hamburg
Granted the title and the questioning emoji don't help. However it's basically a general discussion. Not quite on the A9, but the M8 in general.

HTC is literally on a last ditch effort at this point in their history. Where the future will end up with them being bought out, closing shop or hopefully getting back on their feet and becoming a well received icon again.

The M8 is a pretty well designed device, granted it has it's downsides that everyone has their own opinions on. The M9 is its own beauty, but I've stuck with the M8 because it's still a capable device and better looking. With the A9 sure its design language HTC had well before the Iphone 6. However a device as well received and common like an iPhone it will be a copycat to the general public. We can all make our statements against calling HTC copycats, but at this point it's a label that will stick.

I would like to see their next flagship be something to wow us all. A design that is HTC. If they attempt to improve on the M8/9 design again which isn't entirely a bad thing, but a new fresh look would be nicer. The M8 has been the longest daily driver I've kept in a long time. I normally go for their new flagships, but the tides might be changing. Once my M8 gives its last breath if the common trend continues I'll regrettably be moving away from HTC.

For the love of all things not the iPhone. I sure hope not
Dude, this is exactly my point of view. I hope HTC will make it. Since I moved to Android after breaking my iPhone 4 back in the days I stuck with HTC and I hope there'll be plenty of reasons to continue with it.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

chiefroastbeef

Jul 28, 2011
Hong Kong/Dallas, Texas
I bought the m8 after I decided not to buy the m9.
I certainly hope HTC and come out with something awesome once again. I remember really liking the concept drawings of the m9 before the m9 was announced, and those looked amazing. If only HTC would take a hint from those designs...

I really wanted to buy the m9, but it was just not worth it when it first came out.
one-m9-concept-2.jpg

Rexton270

Jun 6, 2007
3rd rock from the sun
Using the M8s (as couldn't get M8) along with the P8 and more less shifting towards the P8. As die hard htc fan never thought I will end up with Huawei device. They support is much better and P8 is an excellent device, bar battery life, but it does a full day with some 35% around 6pm still available. I'll skip the M9/A9 and wait for the M10. If not happy then sticking with P8.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts