Stuck With Telus -> Which Model To Buy??

Search This thread

Corbino

May 18, 2010
So I have the Milestone 1 with Telus and I have 2 years left of contract. I played with Bell's model which was amazing and I need to upgrade!

I see the Droid 3 (Verizon's model) unlocked on Ebay for reasonable prices, but still cannot find the Bell model online.

What's the best option for a model to buy so I can use on Telus with everything enabled (like data and voice etc)?

Please let me know!

Thanks

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
You better get the Bell one (XT860 4G). Verizon tampered with the GSM radio on the D3 to implement operators bans which, based on my very own Droid 2 Global experience, might not be the best experience you want. (I have D2G which I have had on both Rogers and Telus networks here, not without some issues)

Corbino

May 18, 2010
So if I get the Bell version do I have to unlock it somewhere? Or can I buy this unlocked online?

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
I picked up the Bell one today. unlocked online and using it with Rogers. so far so good.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Most online ones should work. I went with mobileincanada as they are lightning fast and have proven themselves to me over the years. Code was emailed to me in 15 minutes.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk