[Q]Data For Page Plus?

Search This thread

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
Hello, I am doing this for a family member and need help with this...I got the talk and text done and working but no data...Has anyone achived to get atleast a 1x out of the D4? If so can you tell me what im doing wrong? i'm not a noob at this...I have done the EVO 4G and various other phones w/talk/text/web all working... But cant get the web working at all with the D4...Thanks in advance.

booda3000

Oct 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Im not sure what changes are made to 4g phones so they can work with Pageplus.

I wonder if Beigephone.com can flash it for u.

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
Yeah I got it running on page plus but can't figure out the data,switched sim to 3g and disabled LTE detection aswell

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
Do you have the lte sim installed I flashed one to ntelos and 3g wouldn't work without the sim card

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone got a write up on how to flash These? I was able to flash me OG DROID to cricket but I don't know how to do these 4G phones
Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

swjpilot

I was under the impression that the Verizon LTE phones had their CDMA authentication modified to use the SIM card for authentication as opposed to the IMEI as in non LTE phones. They also modified their 3G network to use SIM based authentication for 3G data as opposed to IMEI. If this is true it would prevent you from accessing the 3G CDMA based data network because the phone would be passing SIM based authentication for data and the network was expecting IMEI based authentication. In theory you could flash a different radio firmware if you can find it to correct this... but currently as Verizon is the only carrier of this phone I do not believe there are any alternative radio firmwares available. Community....please correct me if i am wrong but this is my understanding.

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I was under the impression that the Verizon LTE phones had their CDMA authentication modified to use the SIM card for authentication as opposed to the IMEI as in non LTE phones. They also modified their 3G network to use SIM based authentication for 3G data as opposed to IMEI. If this is true it would prevent you from accessing the 3G CDMA based data network because the phone would be passing SIM based authentication for data and the network was expecting IMEI based authentication. In theory you could flash a different radio firmware if you can find it to correct this... but currently as Verizon is the only carrier of this phone I do not believe there are any alternative radio firmwares available. Community....please correct me if i am wrong but this is my understanding.

That's what I thought too that's why I haven't even tried flashing mine

jnc8651

Feb 9, 2007
San Antonio
That's what I thought too that's why I haven't even tried flashing mine

Its totally possible to reflash it and NOT have to use a sim card..... a few nights ago i was able to disable RUIM support and then i installed a sprint and cricket prl sucessfully.

However *228 is blocked in the OS :/

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Need Help

Is everything the same on the Droid 4? I'll pay somebody to do it for me! I'll pay to ship the phone or whatever. I never have too great of luck with the CDMA Workshop or QPST. I DO know how to access the User activation and everything on the phone with the ##PROGRAM then press send and put in the 000000. Any help would be greatly appreciated from anybody. I just got my Droid 4 in the mail today and called Page Plus to activate only to have them tell me LTE couldnt be flashed to Page Plus. What if I called them and used the IMEI and dropped off the last number? Would that work if I just called them and gave them that? HELP! LOL!

the droid razr and droid 4 are basicly exactly the same phone. I used the info in this post (and the links in post #5) to switch my droid 4 over to pageplus. I have had 3g data, MMS and talk all working fine for a couple months now.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1530160