[ROM] The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Grouper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Re: The Orca Project 4.2+ Nightlies - Grouper

I just noticed at goo.im that Orca is showing as a "trending ROM". Now if Drew would build for the i717 quincyatt........everything would be perfect.

Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app

TardyKilla

Nov 2, 2012

I'm very tempted to try this rom but I'm on PA and can't see an outstanding difference between the two to make me jump ship (so to speak) Any features I'm missing to help make this decision? :)

Speed, smoothness and speed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jlvlawrence

Dec 29, 2011
Lawrence

Running this on my Xoom. Running great. Gonna flash this to my 7 as well. Lots of nice options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

OSNPA

Apr 13, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Rock-steady and great performance, and it works with USB audio using Lean Kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Crash

Apr 6, 2011
Costa Rica

Going to give a try ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mjs2011

May 25, 2011

I love this ROM so far! I see a lot of you are rocking lean kernel?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

mbarry55

Mar 10, 2010
Hollidaysburg, PA
OnePlus 8
Just flashed this onto my N7 and the only issue I have is that I can't add or remove anything from my home screen. Anytime I long press onto an icon to either add or remove to my home screen it rotates the screen for a moment, then reorients itself, but I can't pick up any icons to move them. It's doing this on both the stock launcher and Nova Prime so I assume its a setting or a bug with the ROM. Can anyone direct me to what I need to change?

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida

Just flashed this onto my N7 and the only issue I have is that I can't add or remove anything from my home screen. Anytime I long press onto an icon to either add or remove to my home screen it rotates the screen for a moment, then reorients itself, but I can't pick up any icons to move them. It's doing this on both the stock launcher and Nova Prime so I assume its a setting or a bug with the ROM. Can anyone direct me to what I need to change?

Works just fine on mine. I'm using Nova launcher and stock rom.

I would reflash and make sure you are using the correct gapps.

Reactions: mbarry55

atlharp

Jan 21, 2012
Newton
OnePlus 7T

Working well. Flashed this with Franco r47 and it has been running very smooth. :thumbup:

Aug 14, 2011

I connected my son's Moga to my N7 and worked fine. Only tested GTA and Asphalt

Eef

Dec 25, 2009
Amsterdam
very smooth and stable rom thanks! I have 2 questions.

When I resize my navigation bar from 48p (default) to 42p in normal and landscape. The notifications icons appear lower in the bar at the buttom not in the middle like the clock etc. How can this be changed?

And I find a bit of a battery drain. Dont know if it is the rom or kernel. I tried many kernels. Using the newest motley now. With trickster mod ive change to max 2 cpu cores. But still a lot of drain. No noticable apps running in the background. Does someone have the same with this rom?

Thanks

jsauder2

I've noticed the resizing nav bar in tab ui thing as well. don't think it can be changed, just a minor issue for now.

another thing I've noticed, when you are in expanded desktop mode, the lockscreen had a bar along the bottom (where the nav bar would normally be) that is slightly brighter than the rest of the screen. this was an issue on the mako build as well until the last few nightlies. not sure what got changed to fix it, but maybe that will happen here as well.

otherwise, great work. love having all the options, and it's super smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Orca Project 4.2+

platlogo.png

The Orca Project is back with new builds in built straight from AOSP using 4.2.2 for multiple devices including Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Nexus S, Galaxy S III, and adding more devices daily. Nightly builds are available now on goo.im, through goo manager and drewgaren.com!

The Orca Project is composed of multiple of source including AOSP, AOKP, CM, Paranoid Android, Xylon, Xposed DPI and Rootbox Tools. Thus making this the best packaged deal around right now. More and More Features are getting added in each build and in the future the Orca Project hopes to bring everything you could possibly need in one rom.

Features:

* Android 4.2.2 Update
    * ORCASettings
    * DPI Settings (Xposed)
    * Rom Updates
    * OrcaTools Rom Settings (Based Off of RootBox)
    * PIE! (Paranoid Android)
    * Profiles
    * Performance Control
    * ORCA Wallpapers
    * Themes
    * Lock Screen Settings
    * Chronus
    * Sound Recorder
    * Device Parts for Available Devices
    * Expandable Sound Settings
    * NFC Profiles
    * DSP Manager and Apollo Player
    * Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    * DeskClock with Flip alarm and Shake Off
    * AOKP MMS with Color and Theming Options
    * Build Prop Tweaks
    * Init.d Tweaks
    * NFC Polling
    * Quiet Hours
    * Headset Music App Launch
    * CMFilemanger and ThemeManager
    * GOO Manager Pre Installed
    * ORCA STATS
    * Vertical CRT, Option to turn CRT on/off
    * Expanded Sound Option in Orca Settings, Ascending Ringtones and Additional Sound Options
    * additional stuff I forgot to mention.
    * Cherry Picks from AOKP, CM, PARANOID, CREDITS TO GOO.IM FOR GOOMANAGER, ROOTBOX for the base of ORCATOOLS, ANYBODY ELSE I FORGOT THANKS .

ORCA GROUPER DOWNLOADS ANDROID 4.2.2
    http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/Orca_DL_grouper.html
    http://goo.im/devs/drewgaren/grouper
    GAPPS
    Github

CLOSED FOR NEW VERSION ORCA BIGFOOT 2+ post coming soon.
    Quoting DrewGaren:

"Finally working on new ORCA BIGFOOT builds. Major Renovation to Orca coming shortly now that im getting better. Hospital check up Monday."

:victory:
    I would just wait for the second milestone. DrewGaren said that it's coming soon.

And he was in the hospital for a few days so first we wish him to get well soon. :)

Why?

Different strokes for different folks. Have never liked PA. And, yes..I have tried them.....would much rather just have xposed.

This is such a nice ROM, I really don't understand why there is not more activity in this thread.