[KERNEL] PyramidION v.0.1.3

Search This thread

SebastianFM

Dec 13, 2009
Warsaw
Kernel created for ViperS JB.

Currently based on my Overclocked kernel v.1.5.2 for HTC Sensation, with fully implemented ION and updated drivers:
-battery,
-audio,
-headset,
-USB,
-WiFi,
-frame buffer,
-video decoding and encoding,
-genlock.

Features:
Compatible with HTC JB. :)
Overclocked CPU, added optimized CPU frequency tables with CPU frequencies up to 1836 MHz (1512 MHz by default) and L2 cache frequencies up to 1566 MHz.
Increased CPU voltage limits (700 mV - 1400 mV).
Added CPU Voltage Table interface that allows voltage adjustment.
Fixed CPUFreq.
Overclocked GPU, increased maximum GPU frequency in 3D mode from 267 MHz to 320 MHz (300 MHz by default), increased bus bandwidth.
Camera flash: low battery limit decreased to 10%.
Added USB OTG.
Enabled USB Host.
Added support for different types of USB peripherals: USB Hub, USB mass storage devices (e. g. USB HDD, USB Stick, MP3 player), USB HID devices (e. g. USB mouse, USB keyboard, Wireless mouse or keyboard with USB receiver).

Issues:
Camera doesn't work.

Source code:
GitHub

Donations:
Tomasz Paś x2
guidogsbn
Karl Potts
monosoul
Matteo Olive
Jelmertjuhh
Raven2k
Jaglicic

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
Great work mate!
How are you going about getting the camera working? Nikez is working on creating a v4l2 driver from our existing s5k3h1gx driver and Bruce is trying to port the msm8960 camera binary. If you need any help, your best bet would be to ask them :)
Kind Regards
Dave

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
Re: [KERNEL] PyramidION v.0.1.2

Hmm go na try this soon.
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf

Thanks for your hard work, you gave our phones new life! :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

SebastianFM

Dec 13, 2009
Warsaw
Great work mate!
How are you going about getting the camera working? Nikez is working on creating a v4l2 driver from our existing s5k3h1gx driver and Bruce is trying to port the msm8960 camera binary. If you need any help, your best bet would be to ask them :)
Kind Regards
Dave
Kernel camera drivers and whole interface is a little complex. Also I think I'll have to port HTC Ville C2 JB kernel first.

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
Kernel camera drivers and whole interface is a little complex. Also I think I'll have to port HTC Ville C2 JB kernel first.

I've had a look at the source of the Ville C2 kernel and that would take up a considerable amount of time to port. I've tried to get it to initialise with a dodgy defconfig from the sensation but it didn't seem to work. You may want to look at the current k3.4.x thread and see how the guys there are doing. The last thing I remember was that Banb from team darksense got stuck on porting the camera so you may want to ask him for his sources.
And best of luck with it pal! If anyone can get it ported, it would be you :)
Kind Regards
Dave

SebastianFM

Dec 13, 2009
Warsaw
I've had a look at the source of the Ville C2 kernel and that would take up a considerable amount of time to port. I've tried to get it to initialise with a dodgy defconfig from the sensation but it didn't seem to work. You may want to look at the current k3.4.x thread and see how the guys there are doing. The last thing I remember was that Banb from team darksense got stuck on porting the camera so you may want to ask him for his sources.
And best of luck with it pal! If anyone can get it ported, it would be you :)
Kind Regards
Dave
For testing purposes I already ported HTC Ville C2 ICS kernel into Sensation few months ago.

Harbir

Sep 24, 2011
Delhi

Is this kernel updated one or the same ?
And does it supports swap and s2w:confused:

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

leeboycott

Aug 25, 2012
Lost data off my PC hdd but am re installing Ubuntu now so ganna dig through the sources and get my hands on the VilleC2 Kernel and see what i can do about camera initialization see if i cant at least get camera to start thanks again Sabastian your skills brings a new lease of life to our phones :D

Reactions: Dimas941 and Zarboz

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
lol not a doodle mate. The new intergrated ION makes it harder ION was not in ICS kernels so ICS kernels are much easyer to port :)

I know mate, I was being sarcastic lol. The ICS kernel contained pmem memory allocation whereas now it has ION. Since we also don't have a base kernel to work from, most of it is pretty much from scratch. That's why I stated earlier that it would take some time to port it.
Regards
Dave

iverson3-1

Aug 5, 2011

This might be a dumb question but how do I download this?

"I wanna be the apex of predators in my backyard"

Joe Rogan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernel created for ViperS JB.

Currently based on my Overclocked kernel v.1.5.2 for HTC Sensation, with fully implemented ION and updated drivers:
    -battery,
    -audio,
    -headset,
    -USB,
    -WiFi,
    -frame buffer,
    -video decoding and encoding,
    -genlock.

Features:
    Compatible with HTC JB. :)
    Overclocked CPU, added optimized CPU frequency tables with CPU frequencies up to 1836 MHz (1512 MHz by default) and L2 cache frequencies up to 1566 MHz.
    Increased CPU voltage limits (700 mV - 1400 mV).
    Added CPU Voltage Table interface that allows voltage adjustment.
    Fixed CPUFreq.
    Overclocked GPU, increased maximum GPU frequency in 3D mode from 267 MHz to 320 MHz (300 MHz by default), increased bus bandwidth.
    Camera flash: low battery limit decreased to 10%.
    Added USB OTG.
    Enabled USB Host.
    Added support for different types of USB peripherals: USB Hub, USB mass storage devices (e. g. USB HDD, USB Stick, MP3 player), USB HID devices (e. g. USB mouse, USB keyboard, Wireless mouse or keyboard with USB receiver).

Issues:
    Camera doesn't work.

Source code:
    GitHub

Donations:
    Tomasz Paś x2
    guidogsbn
    Karl Potts
    monosoul
    Matteo Olive
    Jelmertjuhh
    Raven2k
    Jaglicic

Thank you very much!
    u r CREATING drivers?!?!?!? That's a lot of hardwork ...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app
    It's a piece of cake when compared with work that I've done, Sensation and Ville C2 main camera sensors are very similiar so I used part of code from Ville C2 sensor s5k3h2yx driver.

At least we can say it's a matter of "when" and not of "if"... Right? :)
    thanks a lot for your hard work.kernel 3.4 wont be released until camera is fully fixed right?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
    I will try to finish everything before the end of the week.
    I already booted HTC Ville C2 kernel 3.4.10 on Sensation but it will take some time until I'll add all the Sensation specific stuff to it.
    I know that a working kernel with the camera is a priority but we all know this is just a matter of time. I want to ask if you can also include sweep2wake. Great work! You make something seemingly impossible, possible! :)
    I'll include it, but first I must test it because some of users reported s2w related issues.

Hi Sebastian I dunno how is the progress of your great work and whether you suddenly faced a major problem or not, but I just wanted to tell you that I've read that Ville main camera is different than Ville C2 one. When I looked for a One S camera to adapt to sensation the seller clearly said that they are different and not compatible. Maybe it makes a difference for you.
    I adapted Ville C2 kernel drivers and system camera libs to Sensation's sensor so there is no need to replace it.
    I must yet add few lines of code to limit initial maximum CPU frequency (I added CPU frequencies up to 1836 MHz but not every device can handle it) and clean whole kernel source code.

I don't know how to name my new kernel. :(
    No asking for eta, only what is the state of porting, some beta news?

Thank you!
    I think that he stopped porting ION to kernel 3.0. He's now working on 3.4 kernel which have ION by default.
    Not exactly. I already ported HTC kernel 3.4.10 from Ville C2 to Sensation and it wasn't related to ION in any way. HTC JB camera libs requires new v4l2 (video for linux) kernel driver, included in kernel 3.4.10.
    Currently I'm creating kernel drivers for Sensation's camera sensor and auto focus.