[Q] Did anyone else receive the V700XXUBNA6 update?

Search This thread

Pj66

Aug 23, 2010
I received this update this morning which adds an Email app to the Gear but there is no info on how to set it up. There does not seem to be much buzz on the internet about this update either.

Does anyone know anything about this update?

Thanks!!

PJ

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
I received this update this morning which adds an Email app to the Gear but there is no info on how to set it up. There does not seem to be much buzz on the internet about this update either.

Does anyone know anything about this update?

Thanks!!

PJ
hi , dont know much about your OTA ,but have been using NA6 for a "few weeks" now and so have other forum users .(Flashed it with odin )
here is the original thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639495
(you can read this thread if you want to .)
NA6 is stable and battery use is fine.Cannot complain.
using it with Gmanager v 1.6.132701

z3phyrantes

Aug 27, 2007
Yes, i updated yesterday, but nothing seem diffrent, there is one bug i see, if i slide to left fromt the watch face i get a blank page.
i don't know what is that page suppost to be.

hope can find away to fix this.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Yes, i updated yesterday, but nothing seem diffrent, there is one bug i see, if i slide to left fromt the watch face i get a blank page.

hi ,
first of all don't think it is a bug on Rom NA6 ,( i have no such issue,using NA6 and Gmanager v 1.6.132701 )
This happenned, a few times to me in past and other forum members , on other Rom 's( and it was always the relevant Gear manager version )
I fixed this by staying on relevant Rom, but going back a version /or so, to Gear manager version , that works 100%
.i suggest to check/try other version of Gear manager( you can search Gear forum, all Gear manager version is posted here somewhere ).
Plse note ,best is to do a clean "reset " when installing and pairing Gear manager( on phone ) and Gear.( watch )
Usually it was the" notification tab" that was missing on Gear )
Only" bug" i found on this Rom NA 6 was if you sideload ,apps
,it will disappear from"" apps" on Gear watch ( but in reality apps are still present on Gear ) .
A reboot fixes it temporary , otherwise use "recent apps/tap and hold two finger on watch , to find sideloaded apps .
good luck

rsfinsrq

Reset your gear. Happened to me when I selected restore. Resetting the gear corrected the blank page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Pj66

Aug 23, 2010
Thanks for the response guys, Does anyone know how to use the email app that was added to the watch?
There are no settings for it in the gear manager. Perhaps its for a future update?

waxlabo

Jan 3, 2011
I just got the update yesterday and something is making the battery drain like crazy.

jzarfos

Oct 12, 2008
Really, really dumb question.. How do we check for updates?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012

just a heads up.. if your gear is working perfectly, do not update. it's not worth with dealing new problems. no new functionality has been added, otherwise i'm sure they would be promoted.

Reactions: jzarfos

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Per @SamsungSupport (and I also verified), the Email app icon is only used to view the native email client's notifications. This sounds cool, except that our Gears already receive notifications for that, so not only is having the app icon redundant, the stock email notifications can no longer be deleted. In notifications, the little email icon will show like you had a notification, like Gmail, etc... except when you click on it, it says no notifications. I had to reset my Gear to remove the blank notification. (Tweetview, anyone? )It is not a stand alone email app that lets you see all of your emails, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

My sided loaded apps are no longer showing either. Is this because of the na6 and 1.6 combo? I tried to flash an earlier gear manager version, but it kept updating me to the latest one after I installed it.. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

ch1lko

Jul 21, 2009
Sofia
I also got the update - here is the changelog.
It appeared after i tried to install the new version of Gear Manager (1.7.031004) from Galaxy S5.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-13-11-58-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-13-11-58-06.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 166

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

just a heads up.. if your gear is working perfectly, do not update. it's not worth with dealing new problems. no new functionality has been added, otherwise i'm sure they would be promoted.