[Q] Phone boots only to recovery

Search This thread

arnon124

Dec 17, 2012
Hey there,
I have installed a new rom,
and after installing everything (I did full wipe) and trying to reboot the system,
the phone is showing the htc logo, but then it just goes right back to recovery mode,
every single time.

Something that may cause the problem - the only way i was able to update to 6.0.4.7 recovery was to install it every time again with fastboot
then to boot into recovery
then it showed me the 5.X.X.X version again
So I do "Reboot system now"
and only then it opens the 6.0.4.7 recovery

maybe because of this everytime I do "reboot system now" it keeps booting my phone into the recovery mode.

how can i fix it?

thank you all very much for reading!

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hey there,
I have installed a new rom,
and after installing everything (I did full wipe) and trying to reboot the system,
the phone is showing the htc logo, but then it just goes right back to recovery mode,
every single time.

Something that may cause the problem - the only way i was able to update to 6.0.4.7 recovery was to install it every time again with fastboot
then to boot into recovery
then it showed me the 5.X.X.X version again
So I do "Reboot system now"
and only then it opens the 6.0.4.7 recovery

maybe because of this everytime I do "reboot system now" it keeps booting my phone into the recovery mode.

how can i fix it?

thank you all very much for reading!

are you flashed the boot.img from the rom.zip???

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
well I was sure I did, but now when I try to reflash it it says:

sending 'boot'....
FAILED <command write failed <unknown error>>
finished.

what should I do?

wWitch recovery youy use and witch ROM? Kitkat roms have problem and recovery have problem with drivers and for this you receive problem to flash boot.img now you must to fix the problem with the drivers to flash the boot.img