Hot screen

Search This thread

SHAK3R

Oct 22, 2010
Top half of screen is running hot anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

Marco618

Feb 15, 2014
Lima
It's happening to me too... When I use my gnex a lot or watching a video or playing a game it turns hot the top part of my screen. It usually happens when I have low battery or when I use it while charging. Does anyone know why this happens?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Its where the cpu is located. So you are probably using cpu intensive applications. Try to undervolt or underclock to keep it cooler.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

SHAK3R

Oct 22, 2010
I just got this phone. Its not rooted and it gets hot even when Im not using it extensively. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
Its where the cpu is located. So you are probably using cpu intensive applications. Try to undervolt or underclock to keep it cooler.

What are the safest/recommended levels to undervolt in trickster mod and should each MPU level be tweaked individually OR is it OK/better to adjust all MPU levels by a certain degree?

Marco618

Feb 15, 2014
Lima
Where can I find the franco kernel? And is it compatible with pa 4.4 beta1

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
What are the safest/recommended levels to undervolt in trickster mod and should each MPU level be tweaked individually OR is it OK/better to adjust all MPU levels by a certain degree?

Well manual undervolt induvidually is the best of course. But it takes very very long.. I always undervolt -50 for all the mpu voltages. See if -75 works but not a lot of gnexus can do that.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I just got this phone. Its not rooted and it gets hot even when Im not using it extensively. Thanks.

Maybe there is a sneaky app thats using up your cpu. But mine gets hot when browsing 9gag and that sort of stuff. This device is old.. Maybe check cpu usage by enabling it in developer options.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Its in the devlopment section. But I suggest using a newer kernel because franco is not longer supporting the galaxy nexus. Maybe try dirtyv, its pretty populair.

Reactions: isajoo

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
Well manual undervolt induvidually is the best of course. But it takes very very long.. I always undervolt -50 for all the mpu voltages. See if -75 works but not a lot of gnexus can do that.

Thanks, -75 seems to be working so far.

I just hope there's no long term downside/side-effects from undervolting.

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Thanks, -75 seems to be working so far.

I just hope there's no long term downside/side-effects from undervolting.

There are no downsides. In fact it extends the life span of your cpu. Only undervolting too much will cause instability. So just check. Maybe do some sort of torture test..

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
There are no downsides. In fact it extends the life span of your cpu. Only undervolting too much will cause instability. So just check. Maybe do some sort of torture test..

Well, phone started to keep rebooting after playing real racing 3 for a couple of mins.

Luckily had a 5 sec window to uninstall trickster mod before undervolting settings were applied.

Going to try -50 this evening, I need a functioning phone during work time.
LOL

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Well, phone started to keep rebooting after playing real racing 3 for a couple of mins.

Luckily had a 5 sec window to uninstall trickster mod before undervolting settings were applied.

Going to try -50 this evening, I need a functioning phone during work time.
LOL

Its just trial and erro. But it is really fun to do.

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
Its just trial and erro. But it is really fun to do.

-50 undervolting levels are holding up to the pressure better so far.

I definitely noticed the screen not getting as hot now when gaming and battery life has "slightly" improved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Maybe there is a sneaky app thats using up your cpu. But mine gets hot when browsing 9gag and that sort of stuff. This device is old.. Maybe check cpu usage by enabling it in developer options.

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Its in the devlopment section. But I suggest using a newer kernel because franco is not longer supporting the galaxy nexus. Maybe try dirtyv, its pretty populair.