Here it is

Search This thread

dardani89

Oct 30, 2010
Network: 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G (HSPA+ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
4G (Dependent on market)
Display: 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED (1280x720) display
Camera Main(Rear): 8 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
Camera Sub (Front): 1.9 Mega pixel camera, HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BSI
Video Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark
Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
Audio Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X
Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth® 4.0(LE)
Sensor: Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
Memory: 16/ 32GB User memory (64GB available soon) + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
Dimension: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm, 133g
Battery: 2,100 mAh

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a379900/samsung-galaxy-s3-smartphone-unveiled.html

I dont know how true this is but according to those radio frequencies we may not be able to use it on tmobile(which needs both 2100mhz and 1700mhz for its AWS spectrum). do you think this will ever come stateside for tmobile?

Last edited:

laylovj

Sep 16, 2010
No LTE versions till December? Bummer. Hopefully, T-Mo can get theirs this June. :)

dardani89

Oct 30, 2010
That's awesome news if that's true but where did you see that it supports 1700mhs. Is the phone going to be pentaband. It wouldn't be hard to assume since its a world phone.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Haxel

Feb 22, 2010
I will be underwhelmed if the device's larger screen means larger size. The GS2 is big enough. I miss my vibrant's footprint.

contriver12

Apr 25, 2009
Illinois
I was hoping it wouldn't have a pentile screen but I will probably be picking it up anyways. Hopefully the high DPI will make up for it.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Where did you get this info from?

Honestly, it doesn't matter. I know for SURE 100% it will come to TMOBILE.
The specs may be different, because the version that is currently out is INTERNATIONAL, the US version will prob have software buttons like Gnex etc.
Samsung has always released every Galaxy to ALL US carriers, why stop now?

laylovj

Sep 16, 2010
The specs may be different, because the version that is currently out is INTERNATIONAL, the US version will prob have software buttons like Gnex etc.

Big Red last year, but they got GNex.

dardani89

Oct 30, 2010

Not true with respect to all carriers. More like all major carriers and this past year T-Mobile is questionable with regards to being a major carrier.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Not true with respect to all carriers. More like all major carriers and this past year T-Mobile is questionable with regards to being a major carrier.

Us major carriers
ATT
VERIZON
SPRINT
TMOBILE

That's the big 4 carriers of USA.
Others like cricket, metro are relatively smaller than the 4
However I do agree tmo is the smallest of the four, but it is larger then the rest by quite a bit still, even with its significant decline in customers
Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Last edited:

suchavibrantthang

Dec 27, 2010
what happend to the 12mp camera? dangit. apple might take advantage of this.

if this phone gets SOD, i'm returning it right away. i've dealt with too many on the vibrant.

laylovj

Sep 16, 2010
^People are stupid for assuming and believing rumored specs. I'm ok with the specs to be honest....just some people were expecting too much which is their own fault.

And when the iPhone comes out with '****' specs, then expect the same results. Not that I care about Apple. :p

dardani89

Oct 30, 2010
so tmobile is going to setup their LTE network on the 1700/2100 mhz AWS band and they're going to move they're HSDPA+ network on the 1900 mhz band which the GS3 supports. they've already started doing this in some markets so if you bought the international version it would work on tmobiles 3g network if you're in the right market for now, but by early 2013 it would be covered in all of tmobiles coverage area. For now you could get 3g speeds with the international GS3 in the Pacific Northwest, Nevada, Utah and California. I've read that some people also mentioned Chicago pretty recently but I dont know how true that is. Damit I hope it comes to New York soon.

Last edited:

swehes

Jul 26, 2010
Utah
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 11
... For now you could get 3g speeds with the international GS3 in the Pacific Northwest, Nevada, Utah and California. I've read that some people also mentioned Chicago pretty recently but I dont know how true that is. Damit I hope it comes to New York soon.

So I'm living in California and travel to Utah on a regular basis. If I got the international GS3 I would be able to use the 3G+ speeds on T-mobile? Does that same thing apply to the HTC One X international as well then? This is very interesting indeed.