• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
tfq.png

TFQ is proud to present JB for the SGS4G :D

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
WARNING:DOWNLOADS ARE ALWAYS IN POST #2

Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Instructions to flash;

1. Reboot to cwm( this can be done from gb or ics with cwm 5.0.2.8 or higher :D)
2. Wipe data(back it up before hand)
3. Format System
4. Flash CM10 build x + 4.1.2 Gapps
5. Reboot let it sit for 5 then enjoy jelly belly lol

Important for V2 since capacitive lights are fixed BLN got borked so go to Settings - Display and uncheck Notificaton Lights because you will get reboots if you don't and alarm will reboot you :p

How to help me:
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

and for my kernel source it's the Proton kernel here:
http://xdaforums.com/show...25&postcount=3

since people can't look through a thread and just got by hearsay from an old user who left mad. ha!

Last edited:

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Downloads:

build2:
changelog:
stable JB :p
fixed audio bug
fixed capacitive lights
fixed lights to be user defined
fixed some camcorder stuff doesn't work well yet
added fast charge
added governors
added schedulers
added zram
added swap
added everything from Proton ICS :p
updated to latest slim settings
added slimfilemanager from 4.2.1 :p
fixed sound search for the hell of it :p
fixed wifi
fixed ffc
fixed rear camera(though recording is still borked)
fixed 4g reboots ( more permanent fix)
fixed most random lockups
fixed a bluetooth bug noone caught ;P
fixed start up tweaks
other misc fixes but you guys probably wont read this anyways lol

link:
CM10 v2...flash fb's new modems if you want to flash another modem old modems dont work

Changelog:
Initial Release
Bug list
Earpiece for calls not working calls are being routed through speaker
Bln is borked
Wifi not working
Data works on 2g but not on 4g(it reboots)
Camcorder doesn't work

Download:
CM10 build 1-alpha

md5:
CM10 build1 md5

Last edited:

th3controller

May 21, 2012
New York
I know this is not suppose to be here but I think Erik deserves recognition.

You see that button on the top right hand side saying"Newsworthy Thread?" click that! Let the happiness of SGS4G spread through XDA! Even if its buggy its a step closer to the future of android, with the Aries coming along, it should be a smooth transition.

Btw Erik here's a mirror: http://d-h.st/5Tl

Last edited:

Kyndig66

Oct 16, 2011
Aurora, CO
If you can get WiFi to work that'd be great.But great work guys

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

An Alpha version describes a development status that usually means the first complete version of a program or application, which is most likely unstable, but is useful to show what the product will do and is also called a preview version.

Last edited:

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Erikmm I followed your directions to the T and I'm glad to report that my 3G is working just fine. I flashed the LB6 modem along with the ROM and it hasn't rebooted once randomly. Instead of using 2G networks only, I untoggle airplane mode and its working fine.

Thanks man so 3g and 2g work fine it's just 4g that's giving us the finger lol :p

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
maybe if we get this as a daily driver, we could hopefully get some aokp updates going again. sorry to hijack erik, but had to throw that in. :p

sent from within pure darkness

You love ur aokp don't ya? :p since you've been awesome hosting our stuff ill build aokp jb for ya :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

hechoen

May 7, 2011
two days after I released alpha someone PMd me askign when I was releasing at least beta lol

Don't know why but that reminded me of a Cake tune:

Standing in the Alpha Beta parking lot
Watching the sun set
I'll never forget
Watching all the reds and oranges slip away
Letting go of yet another dirty day

And back on topic:

Data isn't playing nice on ATT either. I'll email you some logs later. Gotta help get that fixed. Fixing the earphone issue will be included as well. How many pages you want? lol

Reactions: pisherthefisher

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
I"m hoping the flow of questions will turn towards more of a "When will the beta be released?" theme... :p

Also known as: Asking for an ETA.

Erik is busy with school. I'm planning on helping him push code to github next week sometime, and we'll start rockin some more jb soon.

So, to answer. Wait for it!

jrgbx

Jan 17, 2010
Ponce
Help

My network is not detected after flashing. I flashed back to the rom I had and Now I dont have any network either... Can someone help. Im asking here because the Q&A was closed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tfq.png

TFQ is proud to present JB for the SGS4G :D

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    WARNING:DOWNLOADS ARE ALWAYS IN POST #2

Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps

Instructions to flash;

1. Reboot to cwm( this can be done from gb or ics with cwm 5.0.2.8 or higher :D)
    2. Wipe data(back it up before hand)
    3. Format System
    4. Flash CM10 build x + 4.1.2 Gapps
    5. Reboot let it sit for 5 then enjoy jelly belly lol

Important for V2 since capacitive lights are fixed BLN got borked so go to Settings - Display and uncheck Notificaton Lights because you will get reboots if you don't and alarm will reboot you :p

How to help me:
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

and for my kernel source it's the Proton kernel here:
    http://xdaforums.com/show...25&postcount=3

since people can't look through a thread and just got by hearsay from an old user who left mad. ha!
    Downloads:

build2:
    changelog:
    stable JB :p
    fixed audio bug
    fixed capacitive lights
    fixed lights to be user defined
    fixed some camcorder stuff doesn't work well yet
    added fast charge
    added governors
    added schedulers
    added zram
    added swap
    added everything from Proton ICS :p
    updated to latest slim settings
    added slimfilemanager from 4.2.1 :p
    fixed sound search for the hell of it :p
    fixed wifi
    fixed ffc
    fixed rear camera(though recording is still borked)
    fixed 4g reboots ( more permanent fix)
    fixed most random lockups
    fixed a bluetooth bug noone caught ;P
    fixed start up tweaks
    other misc fixes but you guys probably wont read this anyways lol

link:
    CM10 v2...flash fb's new modems if you want to flash another modem old modems dont work

Changelog:
    Initial Release
    Bug list
    Earpiece for calls not working calls are being routed through speaker
    Bln is borked
    Wifi not working
    Data works on 2g but not on 4g(it reboots)
    Camcorder doesn't work

Download:
    CM10 build 1-alpha

md5:
    CM10 build1 md5
    Did someone say CM 10.1? lol THAT's RIGHt! lol

1ERpW.png

kTBNc.png

LE7fV.png

nInNh.png

It's current state is pre-alpha as there are a few bugs that i've noticed such as:

WiFi stays at scanning for networks
    Phone.apk crashes at boot that's why you see unknown baseband and no signal bars
    Because of phone.apk we have no reception and no data lol
    Camera causes a reboot when taking the pic...lol idk wtf haha

and that's it on top of the original cm10's issues :p

well least we got some bright future ahead of us and we know our ish can run 4.2.1 ;)
    maybe if we get this as a daily driver, we could hopefully get some aokp updates going again. sorry to hijack erik, but had to throw that in. :p

sent from within pure darkness

You love ur aokp don't ya? :p since you've been awesome hosting our stuff ill build aokp jb for ya :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    Hey erikmm you most likely don't know who I am but when I had a gs4g I was always on xda flashing my phone and I remember you were trying to help this community with your rom's you'd bring. One developer (I won't say any names) criticized you and I'm glad to see that you never gave up man. I decided to see how advanced this phone has been and I'm wanting to let you know its amazing how far you've come. Thumbs up to you man for keeping up the great work. I don't even see that other dev anymore... hmm wonder what happened. Oh well just had to storm in here to say congratulations on your progress man. I'm impressed and even though I'm just another person on this site I thought I'd let you read what I had to say. Good luck to your future development and hopefully someday you'll get some kind of recognition. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium