Please help in translating this logcat

Search This thread
I just recently switched from HTC to this Galaxy S3 i8910 mini and in some kind of a problem.

The phone would reboot after a period of time in NORMAL mode. I think an app installed is triggering the event, after the reboot any changes you made would revert the phone settings files to it's last state (kind of similar to Windows TEMP profile) wherein it is not remembering or saving any changes made to it.

I have tried anything I can find in the internet including flashing variou PIT and TAR files but none worked. So I tried grabbing a logcat and just let it run until the phone does the reboot.

Currently the phone can boot to SAFE mode and will not boot not until I try to uninstall ANY application that was downloaded by the previous owner. Worth mentioning also that even after factory reset and performing wipe via stock recovery is of no help at all. I can get to download mode and recovery mode with no problem it's just with the reboots and reloading of it's last state is the problem.

I am suspecting that this thing maybe suffering from a bad NAND set to R/O but I can't conclude yet until I can have the logcat be read by someone who knows how to. I am not a developer knows not much about codes so any help will be appreciated.

I have read about this issue in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2562596 and found no solution yet so I am trying my luck if there is anyone that can help. TIA. :confused::highfive:

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    234.6 KB · Views: 64

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
I just recently switched from HTC to this Galaxy S3 i8910 mini and in some kind of a problem.

The phone would reboot after a period of time in NORMAL mode. I think an app installed is triggering the event, after the reboot any changes you made would revert the phone settings files to it's last state (kind of similar to Windows TEMP profile) wherein it is not remembering or saving any changes made to it.

I have tried anything I can find in the internet including flashing variou PIT and TAR files but none worked. So I tried grabbing a logcat and just let it run until the phone does the reboot.

Currently the phone can boot to SAFE mode and will not boot not until I try to uninstall ANY application that was downloaded by the previous owner. Worth mentioning also that even after factory reset and performing wipe via stock recovery is of no help at all. I can get to download mode and recovery mode with no problem it's just with the reboots and reloading of it's last state is the problem.

I am suspecting that this thing maybe suffering from a bad NAND set to R/O but I can't conclude yet until I can have the logcat be read by someone who knows how to. I am not a developer knows not much about codes so any help will be appreciated.

I have read about this issue in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2562596 and found no solution yet so I am trying my luck if there is anyone that can help. TIA. :confused::highfive:

that is a long log to go through, what time did it reboot at?

Reactions: auxdefault

Hi efaustino,

First of all thank you for taking the time to respond. About the time, I am unsure of it. I normally happens within a time frame of 2 mins or less from the time of first boot.

In addition to that, I have recently tried re-flashing CM 11 from @mcclaw and got a message in download mode that says movi_write card status:2 (1) start_blk:6144 in red.

I have found out in even in SAFEMODE I am able to recreate the reboot by making the phone read the internal memory information, such actions would trigger a reboot:

Within Settings:
-Going to Applications Manager
-Going to Storage
-Uninstalling any application in safemode

Last edited:

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
Hi efaustino,

First of all thank you for taking the time to respond. About the time, I am unsure of it. I normally happens within a time frame of 2 mins or less from the time of first boot.

In addition to that, I have recently tried re-flashing CM 11 from @mcclaw and got a message in download mode that says movi_write card status:2 (1) start_blk:6144 in red.

I have found out in even in SAFEMODE I am able to recreate the reboot by making the phone read the internal memory information, such actions would trigger a reboot:

Within Settings:
-Going to Applications Manager
-Going to Storage
-Uninstalling any application in safemode

something wrong with the locations it tries to reference from memory
when you tried the various pit files etc did you select re-partition when using odin?

something wrong with the locations it tries to reference from memory
when you tried the various pit files etc did you select re-partition when using odin?

I was too busy with work and only got the chance to check your response. Yes I did, I even tried wiping NAND but to no avail. Re-Partition with only a pit file in place will show successful but when a .pda file is placed together with the .pit file Odin will fail in writing to NAND.

With NAND wiping checked, Odin will get stuck in Erasing for a few minutes and would just fail the process. I'm running out of idea on how to turn this expensive brick to a phone again. :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.