security update on SM N9005 caused severe battery drain issue. my phone is not rooted

Search This thread

idosmoke

Aug 2, 2010
hi
I have nZ based n9005 note 3. After kit kat update my battery timing was working awesome . 24 hours with data wifi and sync on. But after the security update happened 2 days back of 500KB. my phone sucks from that point till now. I have done factory reset. tried installing different official roms and still it sucks. is there any way I can roll back that security update ? Where security updates are installed ? rom or kernel ? Also if they are installed on kernel can I reset my kernel and if yes will it void warranty ? Also from where I can download official kernels ?

Thanks . Please answer all I asked :). million Thanks

my phone is not rooted.

idosmoke

Aug 2, 2010
hi
I have nZ based n9005 note 3. After kit kat update my battery timing was working awesome . 24 hours with data wifi and sync on. But after the security update happened 2 days back of 500KB. my phone sucks from that point till now. I have done factory reset. tried installing different official roms and still it sucks. is there any way I can roll back that security update ? Where security updates are installed ? rom or kernel ? Also if they are installed on kernel can I reset my kernel and if yes will it void warranty ? Also from where I can download official kernels ?

Thanks . Please answer all I asked :). million Thanks

my phone is not rooted.

Any one ???????/

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
I don't think u can roll back. It shld be somewhere at the BL partition or other secured partition. Perhaps Google will help u better.
But no, it is not on kernel. Security updates got nothing to do with rom nd kernel.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.