[ROM] FroyoBread | v023b FINAL | 27-07-11

Search This thread

lukewong01

May 17, 2011
DX..i would suggest a hot fix for v20 or v19.2??..
i dunwan to download the whole file and full wipe my date again..:D....
Just some suggestions..^^..

This ROM is rely fast!!...i love it..!=D

SpyderX

Mar 5, 2011
Singapore
@lukewong01
Doixanh has mentioned that he usually needs to mod a lot of xml files and such and thus he has to release a whole rom, not a hotfix. Hope you will understand doixanh's reasoning.

@Doixanh
v19 was a work of art! Even with ext4 and data2sd and dalvik2sd, it was really fast :D. Loving it.

Last edited:

Asycid

Apr 28, 2011
After I installed v019 I haven't got SMS report, I mean I haven't got a report that the sms has been send. I went back to v012, but the problem still persists. I set all the settings, and I don't know why is this happeing. Any help in this would be appreciated!

lukewong01

May 17, 2011
@lukewong01
Doixanh has mentioned that he usually needs to mod a lot of xml files and such and thus he has to release a whole rom, not a hotfix. Hope you will understand doixanh's reasoning.

@Doixanh
v19 was a work of art! Even with ext4 and data2sd and dalvik2sd, it was really fast :D. Loving it.

Ok...thanks for reminding ...^^
I just hope I dun need to full wipe in v 20 right DX??;)

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

lim_ryan

Jun 14, 2010
OnePlus 8T
host or anyone if after install this rom will maintain my stock Vietnamese language?

I already root n xrecovery

any other way after install rom, able to install Viet language

lim_ryan

Jun 14, 2010
OnePlus 8T
i saw a lot of ttf file, copy all & replace?
or which specific one for Vietnamese, thanks for the help
i love xda

Arabic
bengali
Clocpodia
DevanagariOTS
DroisSans-Bold
DroidSan
DroidSanFallBack
DroidSansHebrew
DroidSansMono
DroidSansSemc
DroidSansThai
DroidSerif-Bold
DroidSerif-Bold Italic
DroidSerif-Italic
DroidSerif-Regular
Thaidict

ithunter

Jul 22, 2010
Kathmandu
i saw a lot of ttf file, copy all & replace?
or which specific one for Vietnamese, thanks for the help
i love xda

Arabic
bengali
Clocpodia
DevanagariOTS
DroisSans-Bold
DroidSan
DroidSanFallBack
DroidSansHebrew
DroidSansMono
DroidSansSemc
DroidSansThai
DroidSerif-Bold
DroidSerif-Bold Italic
DroidSerif-Italic
DroidSerif-Regular
Thaidict
dnt mind please i dnt know which font support your region try your self ... please

suppaman

Feb 15, 2008
Catania
Question about /system

I apologize if this question has been already answered but I'm new to the x8 Froiobread world and this thread is very huge! I tried to use the search tools but I haven't found anything up to now..

I installed v.019 and it is exactly what i was looking for! No bugs so far, fast and reliable.

However i found with root explorer that after every boot the /system partition is already mounted as rw and not ro. Is it normal (i mean... it's a feature of the rom) or there is something wrong? If it's the case where I should look to set back on boot the partition as ro?

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sorry to say that v023b is the FINAL version of FroyoBread. There will be no update anymore.

Thank all of you for supporting me in the previous 2.5 months. We DO have lots of fun in developing and using FroyoBread.

Thank you racht, always. Without you there will be nothing in CM development. I also want to thank to all donators for your beers. It's damn hot here in the summer :)

All future developments will be done in my GingerDX. We will have more fun there!

dx.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Intro
    This is my personal ROM in my device. This is also my first attempt to build and release a ROM :) I didn't plan to make this, but because of the screen on/off animation, I had no choice but to make a CM6 build. And here it is, a mostly original and latest CM6. This build version is CM6.2.0 RC 0.

The ultimate goal is a fast, smooth and lightweight Froyo having GingerBread (and some of my customized/unique) features. I will gradually port Gingerbread's feature to this Froyo. Yeah I know, many people want a fully working Gingerbread, not a mix like this. We have lots of difficulties to bring Gingerbread to X8:
    • Adhoc with WEP is not supported in CM7 at the moment. It's very important to me though :(
    • Rewrite of libcamera needs lots of effort
    • (My personal opinion) Most important fact: GB is not as smooth as Froyo. I don't know but I still have a feeling that Froyo is smoother than Gingerbread, especially in menu scrolling.

I had to take some libs and configuration files from racht's ROM. (Thank you racht, and I also thank you for your great compiling machine! You're our hero!).

Many things should work and it should be smooth. However I didn't test it carefully, it may contain some bugs.

Screenshot
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

These screenshots are only available for XDA's registered and logged in users, because I uploaded as attachments.

Features: We almost have a Gingerbread with special things now! :)
    • Clean stock CM6: Smoothness. Stability. Working Camera.
    • Minimal number of apps are installed. This brings you the choice to install and use only what you want.
    • Lightweight: I got maximum 107MB of free RAM.
    • My favorite modules: X8Gesture v007, X8Undervolt v001, X8MDDI v001
    • The usual things with other ROMs: wifi / bluetooth / usb / sensors / 3d / video / camera / rooted / jit / zipaligned / app2sd / ...
    • Gingerbread's theme with some improvements
    • Gingerbread's CRT screen on/off animation :D
    • CM7's Edge Glow effect.
    • CM7's Froyo/Rotary/Revamped/Lense lockscreen
    • Random lockscreen
    • Gingerbread's cursor handler
    • Gingerbread's improved copy/paste
    • Random CM6 or CM7 bootscreen
    • Better Arabic and RTL languages rendering
    • Gingerbread's localization :)
    • Improved Flipping down mutes ringer
    • Flipping down snoozes alarm
    • Gingerbread's LatinIME keyboard
    • Fully working T-Mobile's Theme Engine
    • Built-in Transparent Status Bar support
    • Hiding avatar in SMS
    • Quick Copy / Quick Paste
    • CallMeLouder: Louder ringer when the phone is inside bags.
    • Custom operator text
    • View.measure() method caching for improved 2D performance
    • Built-in loop ringtone support without OGG editing
    • Optimized ("smoothened") scrolling/flinging
    • Dual Recovery support
    • Xperia Active Launcher support
    • Configuration section

Review
    XDA member Disastery has made a quick review for v007 of FroyoBread (left clip). Another Philippino XDA guy mhyke13ph did a more throughout review (right clip). Thank you Disastery and mhyke13ph! :)

Known bugs
    • Auto brightness works incorrectly? I need test and feed back.
    • DSP Manager works incorrectly

Requirements
    - Rooted
    - xRecovery
    - Latest kernel and latest baseband xxx015

Downloads: Note: If you have any bugs, try full-wipe.
    v023b

Old downloads

Install instruction
    1. Download
    2. Copy to sdcard
    3. Reboot to xRecovery
    4. Install custom zip
    5. Reboot
    All versions, except RC0, will preserve your DATA partition. Unless you're flashing RC0, you don't need to worry about your data. It is recommended (but optional) to make a full wipe after flashing (step 4).

Themes (Note: I am not responsible for system instability caused by these themes)
    v013+: Starting from v013, FroyoBread supports T-Mobile's themes. You can find list of available T-Mobile themes in XDA Android's theme sticky. Download theme to your phone and use Theme Chooser app (included in FroyoBread v013+) to select theme. All themes for v012 and below are not supported (however, they should work when you choose System in Theme Chooser, I guess). As a a result, themers should switch their works to Theme Engine standard apk for better theme support.

For v012 and below
    AChep is making CM6 A-Theme for FroyoBread. Check it out! :D
    Here is GreenFroyoBread theme by alfsamsung.
    Also, BlueFroyoBread theme is a blue theme made by mcpaddington
    Another theme blueMODwhite made by Frogy Furnetal.
    Yet another blue theme made by dave-blue
    This is FLYNN Theme, made by Azat77.

Notice: Very important. Read all before posting questions!
    1. This is my personal ROM. I just want to share it with everybody. You can report bugs here, but don't force me to fix them. I fix what I need. For example, I don't use FM Radio, so if there's a problem with it, I will probably never fix.
    2. FroyoBread comes with Gingerbread theme. v013+: You can change theme with Theme Chooser! After changing theme, you need a reboot to make CM power widget works again.
    3. Anyone who needs overclock module can simply copy x8oc.ko to /system/lib/modules and reboot. No need to change hw_config.sh. It will be loaded automatically.
    4. I am not responsible for any bugs caused by your custom fixes. Use custom fixes at your own risk!
    5. Regarding the texts in bottom Lockscreen, I will NOT remove them nor provide any option to disable them. Don't PM/post to ask for the removal. See Notice #1.
    6. If you have problems with LED notification, try resetting LED Notifications in CyanogenMod Settings/User interface/Advanced/Reset
    7. Start from v018, FroyoBread no longer includes Google Maps "ownhere" because of instability. Anybody who wants it can download it here, then push to /system/app.
    8. FroyoBread, starting from v020, is ready for ax8mt (MultiTouch for Cypress digitizer) and ax8_smartass (smartass governor for cpufreq): Just push/copy the corresponding module to /system/lib/modules, it will be automatically loaded by FroyoBread.
    9. If you want to install standard Maps on the Market:
    • Clean old Maps data, clean Street View data
    • Uninstall Street View
    • Install Maps using Market
    • Install Street View

I need help!
    I've been spammed with many simple questions, even most of them were answered in this FAQ thread already. Please watch this and check the Frequently Asked Question thread before sending any PM to me. Your questions will most likely not be answered with PM. Post your questions in this FAQ thread instead. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks go to racht, nobodyAtall, zdzihu, jerpelea and lots of other contributors... :)
    Oops I forgot to thank Cyanogen and CM team for their unbelievable efforts!

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if this ROM bricks your lovely phone. Use it at your own risk!

Donation
    You like my ROM? Feel free to . I'd like some beer in this hot summer!
    Release history
    • July 27 v023b. Fix.
      • Disabled fps in every frame and removed Profile Scrolling/Flinging. I forgot to remove them in the release.
    • July 27 v023. Minor update.
      • Support for Xperia Active Launcher. Everyone can try it :)
    • July 23 v022. Improved 2D scrolling/flinging performance for ALL ListViews.
      • Experimental: Optimized all ListViews. Results in a better and smoother scrolling/flinging everywhere!
      • Two nice FroyoBread boot animations by Nikkopt. Thanks mate!
      • Included built-for-FroyoBread A-Theme (but not defaulted) by AChep. You can activate it in Theme Chooser.
      • Reverted back to racht's wifi libs. Hopefully this will fix wifi "connecting" bugs for some people.
    • July 18 v021. Improved 2D scrolling/flinging performance.
      • Experimental: Greatly improved Preference Screen speed. There is almost no lag in Preference Screens scrolling/flinging now, much like scrolling/flinging in File Manager!
      • Dual Recovery: xRecovery and ClockworkMod Recovery (compiled for x10 mini by nobodyAtall. Thanks mate!) . Chargemon was based on dual recovery script provided by puppet13th, and was improved for "init" process protection and reduced boot time. Thanks puppet13th.
      • Reboot to xRecovery & ClockworkMod
      • Fixed text color in menu. This fix is provided by dulemilosevski. Thanks!
      • Updated latest Facebook app
      • Updated latest Market
    • July 14 v020. Another big update with lots of new and improved features. Let's celebrate France's Independence Day!
      • Removed "Profile scrolling" and "Profile flinging" in FroyoBread. I forgot these things ~.~
      • Added CM7's feature "Hide the notification widgets indicators".
      • Improved measure() dimension cache. This also fixed FCs for Opera, PowerAMP (and more).
      • Improved app compatibility (especially video players/recorders) by switching mSurface into mNativeSurface in dalvik vm :)
      • Improved accuracy for flipping down to snooze alarm
      • Fixed battery drain with flipping down to snooze alarm. The accelerometer sensor wasn't properly freed in previous releases. Anyone who uses this feature may have better battery life.
      • CallMeLouder: Louder ringer when the phone is inside bags (similar to HTC's "Never miss a call")
      • Get ready for AX8MT and AX8 smartass
      • Removed this annoying message in logcat: "E/Tethering( 1769): active iface (usb0) reported as added, ignoring"
      • Loop ringtone. It works with whatever format of your ringtone is: MP3/OGG/... :)
      • Brought back Maps ownhere 5.7.0, since there were too many demands for it.
      • Custom operator text
      • Reorganized FroyoBread Settings
    • July 08 v019. Big update (?) with fixes, updates and new features.
      • WARNING: Don't check "profile scrolling" and "profile flinging" in FroyoBread settings. It's supposed to be used by only me to analyze the Preference Screen performance. Ticking them will caused your phone LAG A LOT. I forgot to remove these settings before release ~.~
      • Boot logo. Designed by myself :)
      • Fixed Bluetooth icon in status bar
      • Fixed a memory leak in PreferenceScreen (thanks to the Redux project)
      • OpenIntent's latest FileManager 1.1.6, built from source
      • Some improvements (fixes to status bar, power management, and auto brightness) suggested by alfsamsung.
      • Much better application compatibility with dynamic sdk version. Battleheart (as an example) is running fine now :)
      • "Now playing" in lock screen (again, thanks to the Redux project)
      • Experimental: Measure() dimension caching to improve 2D performance a bit.
      • Reverted SD Cache back to default.
    • July 03 v018. Some more features.
      • Quick copy / Quick paste
      • Froyo/Rotary/Revamped lock in call
      • Removed Maps "ownhere". It caused some FCs.
    • June 29 v017. Minor change with fix, feature and updates. Note: After this update I will spend some time resting and enjoying the summer. Future update will not be frequent :)
      • Fixed HSPA icon.
      • Updated Google Maps "ownhere" to 5.6
      • Updated File Manager to latest 1.1.4 from CM7 source
      • Hiding avatar in SMS (and its configuration in FroyoBread settings)
    • June 26 v016. Some improvements and fixes.
      • Gingerbread 2.3.4's latest dalvik VM. Better performance and more stability.
      • Transparent Status Bar support for themes! Note: There is limitation for transparent status bar, caused by different launchers. Live wallpapers work flawlessly. See here.
      • Configuration section for transparent status bar support: Disabled, Theme (you must use themes that have transparent statusbar_background.png), Semi-transparent (use built-in semi-transparent status bar), Gradient (use built-in gradient status bar).
      • Restored original GB's battery icon. We have some theme compatibility problems with current percentage battery icon.
      • Updated latest Facebook app 1.6.0
      • Removed two themes Androidian and Cyanbread. Anyone needs them can download them from here and here.
    • June 23 v015. Mostly fixed bugs and add configuration sections.
      • Fixed black screen bugs and FCs in YouTube, Video Recorder and Video Player.
      • Fixed downloading icon for Market and Browser.
      • Bottom status bar, like CM7.
      • Configuration section for status bar (in FroyoBread settings, not in CM settings!)
      • Removed the annoying "D/dalvikvm( 2003): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed xxx objects / yyy bytes in zzz ms" in logcat.
    • June 21 v014. Another big internal update, mainly separation of the notification bar app.
      • KNOWN BUG: Video recorder and player don't work. Youtube may not work. Market download progress doesn't have icons in notification bar.
      • Theme Engine supports SystemUI app (for handling notification bar)
      • Back button ends call (everywhere, even not in calling screen) and its option in FroyoBread settings. This makes some people happy :)
      • "Night time" configuration for disabling LEDs.
      • Fixed proxy settings. I was having some experiments with it and forgot to revert back.
      • FroyoBread logo (thanks Gesbleg!) and FroyoBread wallpaper (thanks AChep!) :)
      • Note: all status bar settings in CyanogenMod Settings will mostly NOT work because it's a new app and using new configuration. I will do it later :)
    • June 16 v013 BETA. Lots of internal code changes, so expect bugs :)
      • Partially working T-Mobile's Theme Engine 2.3: Notification Bar is not themed. Reboot after switching themes to get icon changed.
      • Disabled WIFI N. Maybe it caused WIFI instability. Need more test result.
      • Dithering enabled by default
    • June 10 v012. More features, fixes, updates and options.
      • Flipping down snoozes alarm. Somebody is gonna be fired, sooner or later! Heheh :D
      • Options for "Flipping down snoozes alarm" and "Flipping down mutes ringer" in FroyoBread settings
      • Reorganized FroyoBread settings
      • FM Radio text fix (provided by alfasamsung)
      • No more dropbear at boot. It might be the reasons for some incompatibility.
      • Updated hardware libs from 2.1.1.C.0.0. We should have an slightly improved performance.
      • Ported LatinIME from Gingerbread
    • June 07 v011. Something fun!
      • HTTP Proxy via USB cable using ssh tunnel, currently only works with Browser, Maps, and any other apps that support HTTP proxy. (no, Market and Facebook don't support HTTP proxy, as some of you may ask). See tutorial.
      • Updated CyanogenMod Settings. I was using an older version of it. Brought back LED notifications and some other things. :)
      • Dropbear at boot, useful for reverse port forwarding and proxies
      • Flipping down mutes ringer. It's fun! Yeah, I've just known that CM6 has it already, but FroyoBread's feature is more accurate and easy to customize (later)
      • 2MB read_ahead_kb for better sd card performance
      • Ported CM7 Wallpapers
      • Fixed OpenGL version in build.prop (thanks alfsamsung for the suggestion)
    • June 04 v010. Small improvements, mostly fixed bugs!
      • Hide lockscreen clock option in FroyoBread settings
      • Hide lockscreen clock with Lense.
      • Fixed video player bugs
      • Fixed H/3G icon (hopefully!)
    • June 01 v009. Big things happened in International Children's Day!
      • Lots of different language supports from CM7
      • Mute in calls.. (thanks alfsamsung for the xml fix)
      • EdgeGlow option in FroyoBread settings
      • Hide lockscreen arrow option in FroyoBread settings
      • Updated Facebook app
      • Auto update lense clock
      • Android version changed to 2.2.9. FroyoBread isn't 2.2.1 anymore. We almost have a Gingerbread by now. :)
    • May 30 v008. Small improvements.
      • Fixed weird reboot progress.
      • Colorful Settings icons. Thanks tibob77 for your icon base.
      • Copied libwebcore for Arabic rendering. I forgot to replace in v007 ~.~
      • Options for disabling LED Notifications during night (11:00 pm to 5:59 am) for better battery. Notice: it will disable any LED notifications during this period, not the ones happened before. Also, it will not re-enable LED notifications after the period ends.
      • Fixed Setup Wizard run twice.
    • May 27 v007. Some other improvements.
      • Reboot to xRec
      • Maps 5.5.0. (thanks sanefirst for the update info)
      • Battery stats. Again. (thanks alfsamsung for better battery xmls)
      • Remove Dev Tools, Spare Parts and some other apps in future releases
      • FM Radio
      • LauncherPro (Free) instead of laggy ADW Launcher
      • Better Arabic and RTL languages rendering (thanks ali313 for the info!)
      • Some build.prop tweaks for Timescape compatibility.
    • May 25 v006. Reverted back to old-style battery.
    • May 25 v005. A pretty big update.
      • Textbox's cursor handler
      • Fixed "dark screen" bug
      • Improved copy/paste functionality
      • Added Rotary and Lense lockscreen
      • Random choosen lockscreen: Froyo / Rotary / Revamped / Lense
      • Random boot animation (CM6 or CM7)
      • Changed alarm (thank racht) and battery (thanks RaitR) status icons
      • Added FroyoBread configuration section
    • May 23 v004. Some improvements:
      • Fixed screen off animation (and auto brightness? anybody confirms?). It should work like GB, needs more tests from users.
      • Updated Vector Maps (thanks sanefirst for the fix).
      • CM7 bootscreen.
      • Fixed music control position in Lockscreen.
      • Wifi libs taken from MiniCM6 1.0.1 (thanks nobodyatall), hopefully it will fix bugs for some users.
    • May 20 v003. Ported CM7's Edge Glow. Fixed Camera button. Thanks nobodyatall for this fix. Fixed Compass in Maps. Thanks sanefirst for this fix.
    • May 17 v002. Ported Gingerbread's revamped lock screen. Fixed VGA video recording. Thanks racht and ponanovn for VGA video recording.
    • May 15 CM6.2.0 RC 0b. Updated with default Gingerbread theme. Fixed menu background (see download above)
    • May 15 CM6.2.0 RC 0. First release. Ported Gingerbread's screen on/off animation. Auto brightness turned off.

Development (What has been done in my development ROM)
    • Nothing now

Future plans
    • CM7 121's Screenshot on global menu
    • Fix reboot menu in different languages.
    v020 is ready. Enjoy guys :)

P.S. No more beer for me in this hot summer? :)
    v021 is available. Enjoy guys! :)
    v019 is up. Enjoy guys :)