[HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S-ON!

Search This thread

itsallsubliminal

Nov 20, 2007
Unroot but remain s-off, safe?

Question, sold my 3vo to a buddy who lives out of town, is not a techy type guy, and adb are just letters in the alphabet to him. He wants to go back to stock, can i talk him thru the PCIMG part and leave the bootloader s-off'd for him? He doesnt need to return the device and ill s-on for him next time he's in town. Is it safe to unroot and stay with s-off? Will he still have 4G and the such?

rizzoads

May 25, 2010
Is there a working link around yet?

I tried the one mentioned above, but the system installation failed. It still installed the stock recovery though, so I had to reflash TWRP just to restore the phone and get it working again. I'm reluctant to try again. Did I do something wrong?

bluerjb

Feb 21, 2009
Hanford
If anyone has the original .zip file for this thread, please upload it. It's the only way i was able to downgrade from hboot 1.5.

Thanks a Bunch Guys

raiders91340

Oct 20, 2010
What did ur digitizer do ? Keep clicking for no reason ? Happened to mine, was able to unroot it with s-on. Best buy didn't check for root or anything but just to be safe.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

aagbulos

Jul 17, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
Will this work on ENG HBoot 1.04.2000 (PG1860000) with S-OFF RL?

I need to unroot my son's phone because of a faulty digitizer.

This is what is says on bootloader screen:

SHOOTER XC ENG S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.04.2000 (PG8610000)
RADIO-0.97.00.0518
eMMC-boot
Apr 16 2011, 19:34:31

There is a second thread that says NOT to use on a rooted phone with ENG HBOOT.

Will this method work?

Can anybody point me in the right direction if not?

Thanks!

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
I need to unroot my son's phone because of a faulty digitizer.

This is what is says on bootloader screen:

SHOOTER XC ENG S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.04.2000 (PG8610000)
RADIO-0.97.00.0518
eMMC-boot
Apr 16 2011, 19:34:31

There is a second thread that says NOT to use on a rooted phone with ENG HBOOT.

Will this method work?

Can anybody point me in the right direction if not?

Thanks!

Run the 2.08.651.5 RUU and you should be good to go, it'll say locked but still be S-OFF. You should be able to take it in like that and hopefully they'll be able to fix the phone without having to replace it

xHausx

Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
This one works:
http://goo-inside.me/shooter/ruu/1.13.651.7

Also taking mine in for defective digitizer.

Date of August 11th on that one? That doesn't seem right considering the kernel for it wasn't built until mid to late december.

I also strongly recommend against turning S-ON. With the new hboot it should still show it as locked so they're probably not going to pay attention to it, plus if your phone has any modified software/firmware on it odds are you will brick it by setting the secure flag.

Last edited:

aagbulos

Jul 17, 2010
San Francisco Bay Area
Run the 2.08.651.5 RUU and you should be good to go, it'll say locked but still be S-OFF. You should be able to take it in like that and hopefully they'll be able to fix the phone without having to replace it

Thanks Haus! I do have insurance on the phone so I'm hoping that would be it.

I'm trying to look, but can only find the 2.08.651.2 RUU...will this suffice?

But...what if the odd chance they notice it's S-OFF, is there any additional step I should take to get it back to S-ON?

Sorry for asking...I am not very familiar with unrooting :(

Appreciate your help! :)

oh and FYI - his phone is an original launch EVO3D...so I think it originally came with the 1.30 HBOOT? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

xHausx

Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Thanks Haus! I do have insurance on the phone so I'm hoping that would be it.

I'm trying to look, but can only find the 2.08.651.2 RUU...will this suffice?

But...what if the odd chance they notice it's S-OFF, is there any additional step I should take to get it back to S-ON?

Sorry for asking...I am not very familiar with unrooting :(

Appreciate your help! :)

oh and FYI - his phone is an original launch EVO3D...so I think it originally came with the 1.30 HBOOT? (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm uploading a mirror for the 2.08.651.3 PG86IMG for ya but it still has a little ways to go.

If they say anything about S-OFF or ask if you were rooted just tell them that the phone is completely stock and you tried running the restore utility to see if it would fix it. Last I heard their policy was to not sweat people rooting, but that they needed to bring it in with the stock ROM before they could work on it. No need to lie to them about the RUU but anything you've flashed before hand is moot and not really necessary for them to know about.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method will only work for people that have hboot 1.4. If you are on hboot 1.5, which is the Sprints latest OTA as of 8/18/2011 then this will not work for you! Warning, never accept OTA's!

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into hboot, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: Sprint Stock ROM Image v 1.1.3.651.7

2. Copy it to SD Card

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

**This has only been tested on with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! lol
    This might sound like a ridiculous question, but can I simply run the ICS RUU-image instead of the older 1.13.651.7? I'm S-Off hboot 1.04, running CM 10.1 and having no ends of problems with the digitizer...was hoping to simply run the ICS RUU from bootloader then set S-On.

Thanks
    Yes. Here's a more up-to-date thread.

ramjet73
    Ok, I updated the op to include the S-ON command string. Big thanks to rtbluver for pointing that out!
    someone added a mirror to download 1.13.651.7 needed for Hboot 1.04 here.. just downloaded it now..

http://goo-inside.me/stock/shooter/ruu/1.13.651.7
    getting this error:

(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
    OKAY [ 0.008s]
    finished. total time: 0.008s

i'm pretty sure everything is installed correctly as far as drivers and sdk goes. just for good measure i uninstalled and reinstalled fastboot drivers from the revo wiki and the sdk. so when i go into the directory where the adb and fastboot files are, i enter "fastboot devices" and it sees my device... don't really know whats going on, not that i need to return phone, yet, but just want to learn to get it back to s-on just in case. a little frustrating right know. its gonna b a long night...

edit: i tried to run the revol s-off tool again and when i enter the beta key it says that my device software is not supported at this time... another road block.

What you need to do is run the RUU, then boot into fastboot, plug your phone into your pc, and then open a command prompt and direct it to your android-SDK/tools folder and type " fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" then hit enter. That should put you back on to S-ON.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App