Working AOSP IR remote

Search This thread

adam1liukuro

Apr 5, 2013
One of the reason I bought the ZL was the IR remote function, but unfortunately Sony didn't do a good job on it.
Only presets that came with the app worked, learning function didn't.
At first I thought that it was only my device that didn't work, but after searching a bit, I found out that
almost every ZL user faced this problem.

I gave up on the IR remote and went with a custom ROM.
Until yesterday I found this app that someone made for the Tablet Z.
It's called TSRemote, it only has the learning function for now.
The author seems busy and hasn't updated it for a while.
Hopefully someone can work on this project, it's opened source on GITHUB.
Link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2385277

The layout will be overlapped since it's meant for Tablet Z, you need to change the app DPI to 260-280 and it will look good.
Tested working with OMNI ROM 4.4

Reactions: Bird40

glasseffects

Nov 9, 2010
The stock IR app is functioning normally (including learning feature) under 4.3 10.4.B.0.569. If you are comfortable with the stock Sony firmware then you should consider updating to this firmware.

adam1liukuro

Apr 5, 2013
Really? Didn't know that...
Haven't gone back to stock ROM after flashing a custom one.
I'll try that soon.

Anyways, I think this is still good news for AOSP users.
Since IR remote is one of the function that haven't been implemented to the ROMS.
People might want to stay with AOSP rom and have an IR remote.

Well it's all about preferences.

sturmtruppler

Sep 10, 2012
The stock IR app is functioning normally (including learning feature) under 4.3 10.4.B.0.569. If you are comfortable with the stock Sony firmware then you should consider updating to this firmware.

Oh, really? That's cool, hope 4.3 will arrive in germany soon! Don't want to flash a different ftf...

Xperia ZL, 4.2.2 Stock (.67), rooted

adam1liukuro

Apr 5, 2013
I flashed back to stock rom and tested!
It does work as it should, and it was fixed already in the 4.2.2 - 10.3.1.A.2.67 version

ChuanHong

Jan 3, 2013
Here In India , C6502 Xperia Zl 4.3 learning function didnt work ....

what do u wish to learn?? I'm learn all brands of TV is working for me.. from 4.2.2 until now.. i went to vacation and having few hotels before.. all unbrand tv, im tried to learn remote control signal and its worked very well.. only aircond cannot work even succeed learnt.. i think there are some miss out for aircond like temperature in sony stock remote apps..

so do u try learn tv remote control?? or u just learn aircond??

hijagdeep

Jan 27, 2012
what do u wish to learn?? I'm learn all brands of TV is working for me.. from 4.2.2 until now.. i went to vacation and having few hotels before.. all unbrand tv, im tried to learn remote control signal and its worked very well.. only aircond cannot work even succeed learnt.. i think there are some miss out for aircond like temperature in sony stock remote apps..

so do u try learn tv remote control?? or u just learn aircond??

I tried to learn remote of my local FASTWAY cable setup box (tried both hd STB and normal STB)

Sent from Sony Xperia ZL 4.3 Rooted

bouvrie

May 19, 2007
all unbrand tv, im tried to learn remote control signal and its worked very well.. only aircond cannot work even succeed learnt.. i think there are some miss out for aircond like temperature in sony stock remote apps..

So, you're saying that you can confirm that there are cases where Sony's Remote Control App's "Manual Setup" feature says it learns the IR command successfully, and then is also able to replicate that command to the device successfully?

And with the same device, it sometimes also states it learned the command successfully, while infact pressing the button doesn't seem to replace that command to the target device?

ChuanHong

Jan 3, 2013
So, you're saying that you can confirm that there are cases where Sony's Remote Control App's "Manual Setup" feature says it learns the IR command successfully, and then is also able to replicate that command to the device successfully?

And with the same device, it sometimes also states it learned the command successfully, while infact pressing the button doesn't seem to replace that command to the target device?

Yea my case is I stay 3 hotel are unbranded tv and not in preset remote. I personally learn the signal from its remote control and succeed to use it. Only on TV. Others device never tried yet.

bouvrie

May 19, 2007
Yea my case is I stay 3 hotel are unbranded tv and not in preset remote. I personally learn the signal from its remote control and succeed to use it. Only on TV. Others device never tried yet.

I was wondering because I know many people experience problems with the remote IR learning feature. In an attempt to get to the bottom of this, I was wondering if your case could be special.

However, in the meantime I received word that Xperia ZL units manufactured before week 18 of 2013 have a hardware production fault that prevents proper IR learning. I have yet to receive a working ZL (I sent it in for repair twice already).

For anyone in the same boat, check out the link in my sig. ;)

Reactions: Bird40

ChuanHong

Jan 3, 2013
I was wondering because I know many people experience problems with the remote IR learning feature. In an attempt to get to the bottom of this, I was wondering if your case could be special.

However, in the meantime I received word that Xperia ZL units manufactured before week 18 of 2013 have a hardware production fault that prevents proper IR learning. I have yet to receive a working ZL (I sent it in for repair twice already).

many?! mean how many? Probability more than 50%?? Probably i'm lucky. And i have to mentioned im only had try to learn the TV remote control which cant found the Present Brand or TV in preset settings.. I learned and succeed to control the hotel TV. I had tried air conditioner which is failed to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One of the reason I bought the ZL was the IR remote function, but unfortunately Sony didn't do a good job on it.
    Only presets that came with the app worked, learning function didn't.
    At first I thought that it was only my device that didn't work, but after searching a bit, I found out that
    almost every ZL user faced this problem.

I gave up on the IR remote and went with a custom ROM.
    Until yesterday I found this app that someone made for the Tablet Z.
    It's called TSRemote, it only has the learning function for now.
    The author seems busy and hasn't updated it for a while.
    Hopefully someone can work on this project, it's opened source on GITHUB.
    Link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2385277

The layout will be overlapped since it's meant for Tablet Z, you need to change the app DPI to 260-280 and it will look good.
    Tested working with OMNI ROM 4.4