Gallery force close and malfunctioning camera...

Search This thread

Mattrleaf

Sep 7, 2012
San Jose
Hello, All!

I received an S4 as a gift two days ago for my birthday (MK2 build), and immediately rooted it. Annoyed with the ridiculous amount of bloatware on the device, I took it upon myself to begin deleting unwanted apps via Titanium Backup. I didn't think I uninstalled anything that I needed,I tried to stick to just the Samsung, Verizon and Amazon apps, but can't remember everything I uninstalled. Initially, I didn't notice any negative effects of my actions. That is, until I went to open up my gallery, Which freezes the phone for two seconds, then gives me the "Gallery has stopped" message. As for the camera, when I open it, it stalls, then opens. But when it opens, I can still see some of my other app icons around the border, and the camera itself, although open, doesn't work at all.

Any suggestions? What did I uninstall? I assume this can be fixed?

Thank you in advance,

Matt

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

Mattrleaf

Sep 7, 2012
San Jose
I also installed a few mods void Xposed, which I tried to attach a screenshot of, but I can't because of my gallery situation. But I'm almost positive it has nothing to do with any of those.

Mattrleaf

Sep 7, 2012
San Jose
Did you try clearing data on gallery?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Indeed I did. I ended up getting my Odin on. At which point, I reactivated my Xposed Modules. After doing this, my camera and gallery took a dump again. So I narrowed it down to the mods (not sure which one, I just deactivated all), opposed to getting crazy with my uninstalling in Titanium backup. Thanks for the responses, fellas.

Matt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odin back to clean stock image for starters...then do some research

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Did you try clearing data on gallery?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    For anybody interested, I just narrowed it down, and found the culprit. It was a module called Swipeback in Xposed.

Had this happen to me, it was my SD card. Our phones require Class 3 or higher.