[Q] Flashing ROM on Acer neotouch S200

Search This thread

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011
Hello, I bought on the german e-bay a mobile device called Acer neotouch s200, which is in german language without other languages like english, etc... I have read that if I want to get english language, I need to (re)flash it. Currently, the device has S200_3.003c.00_DE ROM. I do not know exactly if it is better to get the default ROM or the newest. To flash it, I downloaded Acer S200 beta 3 flashing tool, ran Acer_EUU.exe, but it stopped before updating the device (this was made on my desktop computer with Windows XP). I also tried it on my laptop with Windows 7, but the Acer_EUU.exe "stopped working". Can you please give me any advice how to solve my problem? I read it is better to get the default ROM, because it reduce the battery status, but it has got bugs.

Thank you

lnchu

May 20, 2006
Please do some search on this forum. This is one of the thread I found.
Quote:
benjaminchan
10th April 2010, 06:47 AM
Dear Stress Analyst,

Thanks for your helpful advice. The problem has been solved. For the benefit of those who run into the same problem, here is what I did (I am summarizing this from memory, so I may miss a few things):

- I downloaded a file called "Arto's Sense rom 2.1 (3.003c, 23554, 2012).rar". The size is 162,841,490 bytes.

- I unzipped the contents of the .rar file into a folder.

- I put the S200 in bootloader mode by pressing and holding the camera and power buttons, while pressing the reset button with the stylus. The LED started flashing red. I connected the S200 to my Windows XP SP3 desktop, and it caused the Acer HS-USB driver to be installed.

- In the aforementioned folder, I ran “Acer_Euu.exe”, and was led through a series of windows. Just click, click, click ...

- When flashed, the Arto ROM was nice and interesting on my pda, but a bit too funky for a middle-age man like me. So I decided to install the Acer update instead.

- I unzipped file “OS_Acer_3.003c.01.EN.02_WM65_A.zip” and ran file EUU_Acer_S200_3.003c.01_EN_02_03.03.08_3.003c.00_2 0100202.exe

- After flashing the updated Acer ROM, I checked the version number, which was CE OS 5.2.21883 (Build 21883.5.0.783). The earlier version was Build 21857.5.0.66. The new version seems to run faster than the old version. Here is what I think were the problems with the older version 21857.5.0.66:

- The old firmware does not do a Clean Boot very well.
- The old firmwave has problems connecting to the Acer update.

Arto's ROM overcame these two problems, which meant that I can use it as a temporary bridge to the updated Acer ROM.
Unquote..
You can try the newest Arto's rom on the 2nd thread below yours.

Reactions: nikconcept

mdmmnb

Nov 8, 2010
Unhappy
How can I change ROM Acer neoTouch S200
I have OS_ACER_3.003b.00.EN_WM65_S200
I want to change to
EUU_Acer_S200_3.003c.00_EN_01_03.03.08_3.003c.00_2 0100203
problem

Code
ERROR CODE = SKU_incompatible

lnchu

May 20, 2006
Search.... All answers in this forum............
.....Tried to update from 3.003b to EUU_Acer_S200_3.003c.00_EN_01_03.03.08_3.003c.00_20100203

and the utility tells me SKU_incompatible .

I have in registry EN language by default.

Does anyone knows what is wrong with it?

Yes, for this "3.003c.00_EN_01" rom you should have language set ton EN_01 in your registry. ;-]
Just use your favorite registry editor and go to HKLM\ControlPanel\ACER\SystemInfo\Software
You'll find two keys: ExtROMVer and Language
For each key, Change your language occurence to "EN_01".

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011
guys, do you really think that I am an idiot? I know all these steps, but I CANNOT connect the device to my laptops & PC

btw, can u copy here a DL link for "Arto's Sense rom 2.1 (3.003c, 23554, 2012).rar" ? Cannot find it

Last edited:

lnchu

May 20, 2006
Get machine into bootloader mode, Red led flashing. Key sequence:
Camera + Volume down + Reset
Previous key sequence won't work for me. (Camera+Power+Reset)

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011
Finally I flashed my device using the Arto's Sense rom, but now the device is really slow and some options are restricted. I also cannot change the display settings, so it is sometimes bright and sometimes dark. G-Sensor does not work, phone lags a lil bit. Is there any way how to get the DEFAULT stock firmware (with english language of course)? I copied the downloaded firmware from ftp: ftp.acer-euro (the oldest) to directory called Acer beta flashing tool where is also included Acer_EUU.exe and other stuff for flashing... and flashed it. After flash the welcome screen says I have the old firmware, but there is the same theme like before and the OS version did not change. I thought the newest, cooked firmware is very good & fast and works without any problems but this really sux. imho the default will be definitely the best :>

Thanks for any advice

lnchu

May 20, 2006
Download this official rom here.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6t1kpo
Check the Arto rom version and change your register to EN_02 before flashing the new rom.
Just use your favorite registry editor and go to HKLM\ControlPanel\ACER\SystemInfo\Software
For each key, Change your language occurence to "EN_02".
Actually I have tested every step without problem. Flash to Arto's rom and flashing back to official rom.

-JAZZMAN-

Sep 22, 2009
verona,italy
Finally I flashed my device using the Arto's Sense rom, but now the device is really slow and some options are restricted. I also cannot change the display settings, so it is sometimes bright and sometimes dark. G-Sensor does not work, phone lags a lil bit. Is there any way how to get the DEFAULT stock firmware (with english language of course)? I copied the downloaded firmware from ftp: ftp.acer-euro (the oldest) to directory called Acer beta flashing tool where is also included Acer_EUU.exe and other stuff for flashing... and flashed it. After flash the welcome screen says I have the old firmware, but there is the same theme like before and the OS version did not change. I thought the newest, cooked firmware is very good & fast and works without any problems but this really sux. imho the default will be definitely the best :>

bry4nnn,
First of all, you have followed bad/wrong advice from an idiot who quoted an old post about arto's sense "2.1" when in reality, sense roms and s200 rom developement in general has far surpassed 2.1 and acer stock firmware!!!!
according to your first post you already had the latest "stock" firmware w/3.003c drivers so all you needed to do was flash one of the many "clean roms" labled "WWE".
Second, the S200 will always have bugs because of WM6.5 that's why cooked roms are made to overcome most of the limitations of our device!! Inchu though
wrong about almost everything was right about one thing,"READ BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD" because right beneath your post is an entire universe of
info,roms,flashing info and all things s200!!! including one labled "Arto's sense 4.0" if you bothered to look you would find a change log with a chronological listing of Arto's sense from 1.0,1.1,etc...
My advice for you would be to delete all of your downloaded EUU's and beta tools and start over by simply downloading one of brainmaster's roms either
"WWE Clean" or "WWE Manila Clean 1.1" or any of the many he has cooked
for our device. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bry4nnn

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011
Download this official rom here.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6t1kpo
Check the Arto rom version and change your register to EN_02 before flashing the new rom.
For each key, Change your language occurence to "EN_02".
Actually I have tested every step without problem. Flash to Arto's rom and flashing back to official rom.

ehm, your file is called "Name: OS_Acer_3.003c.01.EN.02_WM65_A.zip " which refers to a newer firmware, right? Anyway, i have to repeat myself: "I need default stock firmware, the oldest with EN" (and in my opinion it is probably called 2.003, yy?)

Last edited:

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011

bry4nnn,
First of all, you have followed bad/wrong advice from an idiot who quoted an old post about arto's sense "2.1" when in reality, sense roms and s200 rom developement in general has far surpassed 2.1 and acer stock firmware!!!!
according to your first post you already had the latest "stock" firmware w/3.003c drivers so all you needed to do was flash one of the many "clean roms" labled "WWE".
Second, the S200 will always have bugs because of WM6.5 that's why cooked roms are made to overcome most of the limitations of our device!! Inchu though
wrong about almost everything was right about one thing,"READ BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD" because right beneath your post is an entire universe of
info,roms,flashing info and all things s200!!! including one labled "Arto's sense 4.0" if you bothered to look you would find a change log with a chronological listing of Arto's sense from 1.0,1.1,etc...
My advice for you would be to delete all of your downloaded EUU's and beta tools and start over by simply downloading one of brainmaster's roms either
for our device. ;)

For what exactly do I need this: WWE Clean and WWE MC 1.1 ? How I said, I rly do not need any CUSTOM firmware. just want to get the default firmware, not these bugged versions.

-JAZZMAN-

Sep 22, 2009
verona,italy
Then you are clearly in the wrong place because this is the "Neotouch S200 Rom Development" section not Acer.com (http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/download.htm which is where all things "official" or"stock" can be found!!!
And you are so wrong about the custom roms here they are light years ahead of the bug filled original acer rom!!!
But since you have only tried an older version custom rom still in development (as the change log indicates) and decided that all custom roms are buggy w/out having tried them then maybe you deserve the original acer firmware!
custom roms are made to correct problems in the stock firmware.
*** WILL THE MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS USELESS ERROR FILLED THREAD***

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011
Then you are clearly in the wrong place because this is the "Neotouch S200 Rom Development" section not Acer.com (http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/download.htm which is where all things "official" or"stock" can be found!!!
And you are so wrong about the custom roms here they are light years ahead of the bug filled original acer rom!!!
But since you have only tried an older version custom rom still in development (as the change log indicates) and decided that all custom roms are buggy w/out having tried them then maybe you deserve the original acer firmware!
custom roms are made to correct problems in the stock firmware.
*** WILL THE MODERATOR PLEASE CLOSE THIS USELESS ERROR FILLED THREAD***

u r so amusing, are not u? "custom roms are made to correct problems in the stock firmware" - yeah yeah and the bugs there are like side effects at painkillers, yeah?

And why the **** are u spamming here in this thread (now)? I wanted to get stock FW, not an advice about slow_buggy_custom_rom, cyao

Last edited:

-JAZZMAN-

Sep 22, 2009
verona,italy
I belong here, been here almost from the start of this forum and know a hell of a
lot more than you!!!! but dumb assholes like you who come to a windows mobile hacking forum to ask for advice about stock firmware don't!!
Not to mention, insulting the work of the very people you ask to help you're
sorry - wannabe - know-it-all ass will surely never get answers!!!!!

bry4nnn

Jun 17, 2011
Any ideas how to get the default stock fw like it is here - http://tinyurl.com/5s5ocmh ?

I had it before with unsuitable languange (fw version was 3.003c). Now I want the same, just with english. If I use the fimwares from acer webpage then I have the same theme (& and the display is still dark, cannot change some options, etc..)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please do some search on this forum. This is one of the thread I found.
    Quote:
    benjaminchan
    10th April 2010, 06:47 AM
    Dear Stress Analyst,

Thanks for your helpful advice. The problem has been solved. For the benefit of those who run into the same problem, here is what I did (I am summarizing this from memory, so I may miss a few things):

- I downloaded a file called "Arto's Sense rom 2.1 (3.003c, 23554, 2012).rar". The size is 162,841,490 bytes.

- I unzipped the contents of the .rar file into a folder.

- I put the S200 in bootloader mode by pressing and holding the camera and power buttons, while pressing the reset button with the stylus. The LED started flashing red. I connected the S200 to my Windows XP SP3 desktop, and it caused the Acer HS-USB driver to be installed.

- In the aforementioned folder, I ran “Acer_Euu.exe”, and was led through a series of windows. Just click, click, click ...

- When flashed, the Arto ROM was nice and interesting on my pda, but a bit too funky for a middle-age man like me. So I decided to install the Acer update instead.

- I unzipped file “OS_Acer_3.003c.01.EN.02_WM65_A.zip” and ran file EUU_Acer_S200_3.003c.01_EN_02_03.03.08_3.003c.00_2 0100202.exe

- After flashing the updated Acer ROM, I checked the version number, which was CE OS 5.2.21883 (Build 21883.5.0.783). The earlier version was Build 21857.5.0.66. The new version seems to run faster than the old version. Here is what I think were the problems with the older version 21857.5.0.66:

- The old firmware does not do a Clean Boot very well.
    - The old firmwave has problems connecting to the Acer update.

Arto's ROM overcame these two problems, which meant that I can use it as a temporary bridge to the updated Acer ROM.
    Unquote..
    You can try the newest Arto's rom on the 2nd thread below yours.

bry4nnn,
    for our device. ;)