Fixing GPS problems Thread

Search This thread

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
Only fix is to go back to Gingerbread. Hopefully HTC will release a patch soon. I hate that I had to go back to GB, but I use my Flyer in my Truck AS a GPS... so I'm bone stock again :(

Kudzus

Nov 10, 2010
I just received a phone call from a very nice young man at HTC Support.
He is escalating the GPS problem and requested that anyone with the problem to go here and request help … http://www.htc.com/us/support/e-mail.

I also received this email …

“Dear Gary Mattingly,

Thanks again for that valuable information. Again, please recomend that any users having this problem contacts us by email or phone so tha we can document the issue.
Please note that this goes for any issue on any device after any update. We need to know what is going on.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Travis

HTC”

Reactions: kenyu73

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
I know they know of the issue, but I submitted a complaint as well just now.

I just received a phone call from a very nice young man at HTC Support.
He is escalating the GPS problem and requested that anyone with the problem to go here and request help … http://www.htc.com/us/support/e-mail.

I also received this email …

“Dear Gary Mattingly,

Thanks again for that valuable information. Again, please recomend that any users having this problem contacts us by email or phone so tha we can document the issue.
Please note that this goes for any issue on any device after any update. We need to know what is going on.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Travis

HTC”

Reactions: Kudzus

olkawe

Jun 25, 2007
Hallo,
I have got the same problem with my WiFi-flyer since the HC-update. I had contact with the hotline in Germany and The Netherlands but they had no solution. The best answer was: You have to wait for an update.
I will send an e-mail too and ask the other people in the android-hilfe.de forum to do the same. Maybe it helps.
Greeting,
olkawe

Gesendet von meinem HTC Flyer P512 mit Tapatalk

kardain

Mar 27, 2011
I sent an email and they told me to use the GPS Test app, even though mine won't hold lock after 30 seconds...

It's no big deal, I'm just using a bluetooth GPS unit instead. Works for the few times I need GPS.

via Tapatalk

J3ff

Oct 5, 2008
this is such a big deal, what is with these crap companies who can't get gps right (I dont think I've ever owned a samsung device that gps worked on stock software!!)..

I sent a couple of complaints, they all say "sorry"

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Hey at least HTC can get the GPS to lock on sometimes. Asus designed a metal case that shields the Transformer prime GPS antenna so it can't receive a signal. Asus has a solution for the $500 + tablet. They removed GPS from the feature specs. LOL

Mr Groch

Mar 16, 2007
I have upgraded my WIFI 16GB Flyer to HC using this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1358758

Now I have:
HBOOT 6.11.1111
RADIO 3822.10.08.07_M

I was nable to get GPS working on official ROM 3.55.1114.31, so I decided to try
flashing LeeDroid 4.3 and after that Cool3D Honey v4. Also with no result

I have tried using FasterFix app and next AGPS patch from this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1287941 (google no ssl version)

I've installed GPS Test app, go outside and have it on for 1 hour. Always 0 satelites in view, and all timers and clocks in this app also shows 00:00:00, only compass (heading) works.

Is my GPS broken for good? I have read here that problem is not holding fix, but I can't get it. My GPS even dont see any satelite :/

Mr Groch

Mar 16, 2007
I've tried reseting and redownloading AGPS data few times, but no change in sattelite visibility - always 0. Tried using 2 apps for that - GPS TEST and GPS STATUS & TWEAKS with and without AGPS patch

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Very weird. I think I have tried all the ROMs and GPS always finds lock , but after a few minutes it will lose it, but quickly re-acquire.

glitchsta

Feb 20, 2011
I like to use my Flyer for GPS so a ROM that works with GPS is a must, I have tried the new ICS and Leedroid HC with little success, will work for about 15min then lose signal and takes forever to lock back on...Only rom I found that GPS works on is Leedroid 2.2.0 GB. GPS seems to work perfect on it...I hope it will work on these new ICS roms!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no, it's not hboot.
    Had trouble with my US Wifi Flyer, S-OFF, originally upgraded with the WIFI package built from 3.55.405.1. Updated that to us OTA package and still had trouble.

Started all over downgraded to GB then went straight to Globatron’s latest (the big file)
    Working now
    I have the US wifi flyer. S-Off, installed the 3.55.405.1 3G package followed by Leedroid rom. GPS was no good. Went back to the 3.55.405.1 3G package (from nandroid backup) and GPS no good.

Then installed the US WiFi rom. GPS is fine. Installed Leedroid and GPS is still fine.
    Referring to DigitalMD's post above

I have the BestBuy WiFi 16GB Flyer
    I purshed it stock and took the OTA HC update.
    Over the last two days I have since Rooted S-Off and am running Globatron's US Wifi RUU build.

Before I rooted my GPS did not maintain lock. It was symptomatic like your findings.
    After I rooted and flashed HC, GPS was still symptomatic.

I have since edited the /system/etc/gps.conf folder.
    The first string of text by default is:
    NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org
    I have changed it to read:
    NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org

I used Root Explore and long pressed the gps.conf file and selected open in text editor. Make and save changes and reboot.

Having owned the HTC Thunderbolt, that device was plagued with similar GPS issues and this was a fix that was offered up in other threads here at XDA.
    ok, from there can you try the Stock(original) WIFI RUU from the Stock ROMs thread?

It is definitely not related to S-OFF, but there are some modifications to my RUU, obviously with the unsecured boot image and busybox being installed it's not 100% stock.

It should be in every way stock then except for the S-OFF hboot if you run the RUU.

yeah i'm not entirely sure whats going on. anyways, i just did a fastboot erase boot/system/userdata/cache and flashed the stock RUU 3.55.1114.31.

will do a GPS test on the way back home and report back. gonna get back to work now! wasted pretty much all day flashing.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

lost S-OFF after that re-flash.