Got a Z1 yesterday but not happy with the screen

Search This thread

Stu1973

Apr 28, 2010
As title.....i've been used the an HTC One, i know the from what i've read, the screen on the "one"'s arguably better (and so far from what i've saw, i'd aggree). I find it's very grainy even the vids and yes it's supposed to be hd

I've been into the setting but can't find anything to "adjust" to make the csreen clearer, i know there's some kind of "film" on the screen to protect it but even at that, it's pretty bad....is it me, what am i doing wrong. I was going to sell the "One" but i'll wait

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
As title.....i've been used the an HTC One, i know the from what i've read, the screen on the "one"'s arguably better (and so far from what i've saw, i'd aggree). I find it's very grainy even the vids and yes it's supposed to be hd

I've been into the setting but can't find anything to "adjust" to make the csreen clearer, i know there's some kind of "film" on the screen to protect it but even at that, it's pretty bad....is it me, what am i doing wrong. I was going to sell the "One" but i'll wait

i know it might be a silly question but if you still have the thick protection film that came with the phone you should take it down, the ASF should be almost invisible if you're wondering wether thats the ASF or not.

not if you already took it off perhaps you don't like the x-reality effect in videos, it can do a bit of oversharpening sometimes which might make things looks a bit grainy, you can turn it off under display settings. imho it's looks outstandings... i sometimes prefer to watch movies on my z1 rather than on my 15 inch FHD laptop :p

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012

Take a screenshot from the HD video you are watching so I can compare to mine

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Stu1973

Apr 28, 2010
Your Firmware probably is .290 and there is not a option of White Balance Settings. You have to update to .136 to where that option is implemented to improve the screen quality. Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603730

Should that need done on a new phone

i know it might be a silly question but if you still have the thick protection film that came with the phone you should take it down, the ASF should be almost invisible if you're wondering wether thats the ASF or not.

not if you already took it off perhaps you don't like the x-reality effect in videos, it can do a bit of oversharpening sometimes which might make things looks a bit grainy, you can turn it off under display settings. imho it's looks outstandings... i sometimes prefer to watch movies on my z1 rather than on my 15 inch FHD laptop :p

I can't, well shouldn't, as it'll affect the warranty

I'll try that x reality and see how it goes

Take a screenshot from the HD video you are watching so I can compare to mine

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Not sure how

If you remove the ASF you warranty will be void.

That's what i though, hence don't think i should

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
You take a screenshot by pressing Power button + volume down at the same time

Sent from my Xperia Z1