[Q] n7100 bricked/loop please help tried all sorts

Search This thread

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
hey im really sorry if ive missed a fix on the forums i have searched for days now and its driving me insane eyes stinging :/ OK basically Ive had custom roms and firmware running for some time now but few days ago during normal phone use it froze i restarted it and it stuck in boot loop, tried several times and the same so tried to flash new firmware specifically 4.3 from sammobile i am in the UK and on the Vodafone network. using Odin it pretty much gets to the end of the process then fails ive done this many many times and each time fail using different firmware ive read to clear the cache but i cannot access recovery mode either... :/ and in download mode it does state the model name so im hoping the hard drive is all good if anyone has any advice or can point me in the correct direction id be very very greatfull because id much rather prefer to try fix this my self than have to take somewhere else im actually gutted ive lost all my photos ect... but hey i understand thats the risk of modding.. oh ive also tried using many different versions of Odin if that makes a difference but all fail the same. Ive read that maybe to flash the PIT file but again im not sure if i can find the correct file for my phone.... im going bald very fast :)

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
quick update i tried again a different firmware being another latest 4.3 via odin 309
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!

was the resuts it finished the process which is a first.. but is now stuck on boot screen being the samsung galaxy note II gt-n7100 screen not the blue samsung screen

so please any further help would be great

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
grrr... ok so now i tried to flash the CWR mod to see if that would fix the recovery mode problem.. this didnt work so tried the Philz recover flash...... this again didnt work now it entered download mode once and the product name was blank.... reset again and now wont even go into download mode screen just black .......... this is driving me insane please help guys there must be a complete way to start from scratch im willing to try anything... even a hammer if it comes to it :p

S

sawdoctor

Only thing I can think of is flashing recovery firmware with pit. I'd try ms kip toolkit from here. It helped someone else in a similar position
http://www.skipsoft.net/

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
thanks for the replys wish i knew about them links earlier as now i cant even turn the fone on to access download mode... any ideas where to go from here ? much appreciated

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
really hoping theres another option than having to send away for jtag flash.... i did see some where some one fix a hard bricked phone with a USB drive inserted into the bottom which accesed download mode.. is this real ? and if so then what was the software on the USB that did this im very curious to know :)

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
hmm ok after much more reading ive realised the usb is actually a jig which i should of probably known... anyway.. going to find instructions on this see if i can actually make one to force download mode or if anyone has any guide to this as i do have access to probably all the components needed id be very great full if i manage to sort this id be happy to re post the details

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
ok now the home made jig worked back to download mode although no product name is showing and when i try to flash firmware says no partition so ive tried to flash pit and re partition but this fails ... :/ please any help would be massively appreciated

S

sawdoctor

What did mskips toolkit say? I think it has a firmware rescue option

crasherkid

Jan 29, 2013
ahh sorry i found the links for the samsung didnt read correctly its been a long day.... and the link on that site is broken for the download... but it appears i already have this toolkit :) but it doesnt detect the phone maybe i need to read more on how to use it better first

S

sawdoctor

ahh sorry i found the links for the samsung didnt read correctly its been a long day.... and the link on that site is broken for the download... but it appears i already have this toolkit :) but it doesnt detect the phone maybe i need to read more on how to use it better first

I know the toolkit needs the Samsung drivers installed. If they are installed and it doesn’t recognise the phone it's either a faulty USB lead or I'm out of ideas

rusk1a

Mar 1, 2014
same problem

hi i have same problem ,any idea how fix
i have download mode -vol down-home button - power
also recovery ,but in recovery i have more errors

MANUAL MODE
APPLIED THE CSC-CODE :UNKNOWN
E:FAILED TO MOUNT /SYSTEM (INVALID ARGUMENT)
CAN'T MOUNT /SYSTEM(INVALID ARGUMENT)
SAME WITH DATA,CACHE

SOMEONE HELP