[Q] Internal memory swap?

Search This thread

xtinaa

Aug 12, 2011
Lenovo Yoga Book
Hi all,

I have an S3 with a broken charging port and I ordered a new one through the replacement program Verizon has. A quote from a 3rd party repair shop was $70+shipping and I don't have soldering skills (and a new one was just $99 anyways). My question is, can I dissect the new S3 and old S3 and just swap the internal memory? I've taken apart my S3 before for repair work so taking both apart doesn't bother me. I thought about just doing a whole motherboard swap but wouldn't the internal memory go with it too? If anyone has any insight on where the internal memory is located on the mother board or how to swap them, it'd be appreciated.

jhoutz

Jul 5, 2012
You could use the new phone to charge the battery then put it in the old phone. Now you can copy your data to an sdcard.

If you really want you can Google i535SM and you should be able to download the service manual. You probably find what you need there, though I think swapping the internal memory like that is definitely going to require some serious soldering skills.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

xtinaa

Aug 12, 2011
Lenovo Yoga Book
You could use the new phone to charge the battery then put it in the old phone. Now you can copy your data to an sdcard.

If you really want you can Google i535SM and you should be able to download the service manual. You probably find what you need there, though I think swapping the internal memory like that is definitely going to require some serious soldering skills.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Yeah that's what I figured. I'm just afraid my replacement phone is gonna have 4.3 stock and I won't be able to unlock the bootloader or rom it :crying: