[Q] Gear 2 + Note 3 + EI-HS10 Body Scale

Search This thread

gschot

Jan 20, 2009
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear S2
All,

I run into problems with the combination of items mentioned in the subject...

A while ago I bought the Samsung EI-HS10 body scale. This pairs with the Note 3 and sends info via Bluetooth to the Note 3. This was working fine, until I recently got myself a Gear 2.

As far as I noticed so far, is that on the stock 4.4.2 ROM on my Note3, the SensorService picks up the message from the scale and sends this to S Health. After pairing the Gear 2 (which did not go as smooth as expected), the scale indicates sending its data, but the phone does not pick it up anymore. So now and then SensorService even crashes.

When I remove the connection to my Gear 2 (by removing the BT registration in the phone, not by just simply disconnecting the BT signal) and when I then clear the data of S Health and SensorService, the scale data comes back to the phone.

However, when I then try to connect the Gear 2, I need to try to connect it multiple times as it does not connect straight away.

For now, I prefer that my watch works instead of the scale, but I also notice that the BT connection to the watch is still buggy. Sometimes the watch remains connected for days, sometimes it starts disconnecting every couple of minutes. This is mainly very very annoying when I am tracking a bike trip or something, as losing connection ends the exercise. I sometimes even need to reset the watch and pair it again to make it actually work. Luckily the Gear Manager then sees a backup and restores this to the watch, but it is very annoying.

Does anyone else experience the fragile BT connection between Note 3 and Gear 2 (without using the EI-HS10)? Anyone else out there has the same combination of 3 devices working together as it should?

Gerco

enko420

Mar 28, 2011
All,

I run into problems with the combination of items mentioned in the subject...

A while ago I bought the Samsung EI-HS10 body scale. This pairs with the Note 3 and sends info via Bluetooth to the Note 3. This was working fine, until I recently got myself a Gear 2.

As far as I noticed so far, is that on the stock 4.4.2 ROM on my Note3, the SensorService picks up the message from the scale and sends this to S Health. After pairing the Gear 2 (which did not go as smooth as expected), the scale indicates sending its data, but the phone does not pick it up anymore. So now and then SensorService even crashes.

When I remove the connection to my Gear 2 (by removing the BT registration in the phone, not by just simply disconnecting the BT signal) and when I then clear the data of S Health and SensorService, the scale data comes back to the phone.

However, when I then try to connect the Gear 2, I need to try to connect it multiple times as it does not connect straight away.

For now, I prefer that my watch works instead of the scale, but I also notice that the BT connection to the watch is still buggy. Sometimes the watch remains connected for days, sometimes it starts disconnecting every couple of minutes. This is mainly very very annoying when I am tracking a bike trip or something, as losing connection ends the exercise. I sometimes even need to reset the watch and pair it again to make it actually work. Luckily the Gear Manager then sees a backup and restores this to the watch, but it is very annoying.

Does anyone else experience the fragile BT connection between Note 3 and Gear 2 (without using the EI-HS10)? Anyone else out there has the same combination of 3 devices working together as it should?

Gerco

Metal case or defective gear 2? those are my guesses

maybe try deleting the scale and gear 2 bluetooth profiles and start w/ pairing the gear 2 first and see if it works perfect then the scale.

gschot

Jan 20, 2009
Samsung Gear 2
Samsung Gear S2
Metal case or defective gear 2? those are my guesses

maybe try deleting the scale and gear 2 bluetooth profiles and start w/ pairing the gear 2 first and see if it works perfect then the scale.

The Gear just has its own case. The problems with Gear are mainly related to connecting to Gear Manager. When connecting through the Bluetooth profiles it always immediately connects phone audio.

I tried removing profiles and connecting the devices back in any possible order, but as soon as I add the Gear, my Note 3 stops receiving the messages from the scale.

Do you have this combination working then?

Gerco

enko420

Mar 28, 2011
The Gear just has its own case. The problems with Gear are mainly related to connecting to Gear Manager. When connecting through the Bluetooth profiles it always immediately connects phone audio.

I tried removing profiles and connecting the devices back in any possible order, but as soon as I add the Gear, my Note 3 stops receiving the messages from the scale.

Do you have this combination working then?

Gerco

Just the gear 2 neo and the note 3, no problems here running 4.4.2