[Q] Does anyone know how to relock BOOTLOADER in Moto X XT1058 with Android 4.4.3.?

Search This thread

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I need to block BOOTLOADER my moto x on Android 4.4.3. After the update the error. In Android 4.4.2 worked. Now there's more

If you want to lock it:

fastboot oem lock

But there is absolutely no reason to do that. You don't gain any functionality by re-locking (you actually LOSE functionality), and Moto still knows you previously unlocked.

You can NEVER change your status back to "Locked". Once you unlock, status changes to "Unlocked", and if you subsequently re-lock the status changes to "Re-Locked".

I'm really curious why you would want to to re-lock. Your post really doesn't make any sense....

Good Luck

Reactions: Christian Correia

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Thank you friend. I get more p following error: No valid block in SP PIV system is
piv validation failed (system)

Re-lock failure

What did you do?

This didn't happen by itself. Give us some background info - what are you trying to accomplish, and at what point did your phone get in the state it is in now?

Also, re-locking bootloader will not help with whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.....which I still don't understand.

Christian Correia

Jul 6, 2014
Sidrolândia
Okay, thanks I'll leave it the way it is. Since Motorola deebloqueei I know him. Answer me one thing, BOOTLOADER unlocked Smartphone affects the performance or something.?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Okay, thanks I'll leave it the way it is. Since Motorola deebloqueei I know him. Answer me one thing, BOOTLOADER unlocked Smartphone affects the performance or something.?

No, it does not affect performance. It allows you to root your device easily, and (optionally) flash custom roms and custom recovery.

Are you trying to upgrade or downgrade? I still don't understand your problem...

Christian Correia

Jul 6, 2014
Sidrolândia
I wanted to downgrade to 4.4.2. And I did and I upgraded to 4.4.3 via OTA. Most wanted the complete 4.4.3 firmware update because I think it detracted. And so I thought it was because of the BOOTLOADER. I'm a bit newbie in this regard

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I wanted to downgrade to 4.4.2. And I did and I upgraded to 4.4.3 via OTA. Most wanted the complete 4.4.3 firmware update because I think it detracted. And so I thought it was because of the BOOTLOADER. I'm a bit newbie in this regard

NEVER NEVER attempt to downgrade. It is well documented that you can permanently brick your phone if you try.

If you want to flash the entire 4.4.3 STOCK IMAGE, you can do that!!!

Follow the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

You can find the STOCK IMAGES here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

MAKE SURE you use the correct image for YOUR carrier and version.

EDIT: The only 4.4.3 image that has been released is for T-Mobile. If you are not on T-Mobile, DO NOT attempt the process I outlined above. Just wait until the image for YOUR CARRIER becomes available.

Again, whatever you do, do NOT attempt to downgrade.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Friend could not find version 4.4.3 for my Moto X XT1058. As I do now.?

The only 4.4.3 complete stock image that has been released is for T-Mobile XT1053. If you are not on T-Mobile, DO NOT attempt the process I outlined above. Just wait until the image for YOUR CARRIER becomes available.

It looks like you will have to wait until the new 4.4.3 image for your XT1058 becomes available.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Friend could not find version 4.4.3 for my Moto X XT1058. As I do now.?

The only 4.4.3 complete stock image that has been released is for T-Mobile XT1053. If you are not on T-Mobile, DO NOT attempt the process I outlined above. Just wait until the image for YOUR CARRIER becomes available.

It looks like you will have to wait until the new 4.4.3 image for your XT1058 becomes available.
    I need to block BOOTLOADER my moto x on Android 4.4.3. After the update the error. In Android 4.4.2 worked. Now there's more

If you want to lock it:

fastboot oem lock

But there is absolutely no reason to do that. You don't gain any functionality by re-locking (you actually LOSE functionality), and Moto still knows you previously unlocked.

You can NEVER change your status back to "Locked". Once you unlock, status changes to "Unlocked", and if you subsequently re-lock the status changes to "Re-Locked".

I'm really curious why you would want to to re-lock. Your post really doesn't make any sense....

Good Luck
    Thank you friend. I get more p following error: No valid block in SP PIV system is
    piv validation failed (system)

Re-lock failure

What did you do?

This didn't happen by itself. Give us some background info - what are you trying to accomplish, and at what point did your phone get in the state it is in now?

Also, re-locking bootloader will not help with whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.....which I still don't understand.

No, it does not affect performance. It allows you to root your device easily, and (optionally) flash custom roms and custom recovery.

Are you trying to upgrade or downgrade? I still don't understand your problem...

NEVER NEVER attempt to downgrade. It is well documented that you can permanently brick your phone if you try.

If you want to flash the entire 4.4.3 STOCK IMAGE, you can do that!!!

Follow the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/guide-moto-x-return-to-100-stock-using-t2446515

You can find the STOCK IMAGES here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

MAKE SURE you use the correct image for YOUR carrier and version.

EDIT: The only 4.4.3 image that has been released is for T-Mobile. If you are not on T-Mobile, DO NOT attempt the process I outlined above. Just wait until the image for YOUR CARRIER becomes available.