Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

rokasjasonas

Nov 13, 2011
Kaunas
I can watch 1080p videos without lag

oc: 1Ghz
rom: temastek cm7 kang (updating on every release)
kernel: vadonka 2.6.32.54 (updating on every release) with 32mb shared

also i uninstalled all of apps (via root uninstaller) which I dont need:
live wallpapers, email, voice dialer, standart home screen (adw), cm stats, default file manager....

have got 210-266mb of ram all the time (except playing)

tablerone

Jan 22, 2012
Sure!:D

Rom: MIUI Moon101
Kernel: vadonka CM7 Kang kernel(12.01.23)
OC: of course but too without :)
Flash version: the last
BB: 824

eraldo

Feb 15, 2010
London
I can watch 1080p videos without lag

oc: 1Ghz
rom: temastek cm7 kang (updating on every release)
kernel: vadonka 2.6.32.54 (updating on every release) with 32mb shared

also i uninstalled all of apps (via root uninstaller) which I dont need:
live wallpapers, email, voice dialer, standart home screen (adw), cm stats, default file manager....

have got 210-266mb of ram all the time (except playing)

1080 in webbrowser using flash.... i call bulls**t. Your confused.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

volaxis

Dec 26, 2011
So what was the verdict? I'm trying to play flash videos on dolphin/temasek-36/ironkrnl 2.6.32.53/flash 11.1 and keep getting corruptions at 360p. Sometimes it works for a few up to 10 minutes but forget about steaming an hour long documentary. that 720p clip played but very stutery. Maybe I shouldn't have uninstalled the stock browser...

If I got back to a rom based on stock and not CM7 will that help?

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
So what was the verdict? I'm trying to play flash videos on dolphin/temasek-36/ironkrnl 2.6.32.53/flash 11.1 and keep getting corruptions at 360p. Sometimes it works for a few up to 10 minutes but forget about steaming an hour long documentary. that 720p clip played but very stutery. Maybe I shouldn't have uninstalled the stock browser...

If I got back to a rom based on stock and not CM7 will that help?

Downgrade to flash 10.3.185.25

Btw your KANG build is so old. Its already build 50.

forforce

May 10, 2008
www.cumseface.eu
Can I do something to play smooth flash HD videos in browser if i have rooted my phone but I don`t want to install a custom rom or OC my device? Are there any tricks I can do or kernels for stock rom only? Because even 480 videos from youtube are not running smooth. Thanks in advance.

forforce

May 10, 2008
www.cumseface.eu
Tried , still not working :(
edit: The only solution is to install a custom ROM ? Can`t this be solved with stock rom ?! What version of flash player u use ppl? Maybe flash player is not hardware accelerated in stock ROM!. I dunno, other solutions?

Last edited:

forforce

May 10, 2008
www.cumseface.eu
So, still nothing by now? Sometimes I wanna use my phone to see HD video content 720p from youtube from browser but I can`t solve the problem, can somebody help with this one?

Lg optimus 2x, stock GB2.3.4 , kernel HP RC11-R , dolphin browser and others , tried with different versions of flash player 11 , 10.3.185.22 and 10.3.186.7 but still no result. Can this be done with stock player? and if it can, how?! Thanks in advance.

daaavey

Feb 15, 2012
I'm having terrible flash performance with stock 2.3.4 rom.
For example of terrible performance, I am unable to play this video : video.ellecanada.com/1490155032001/Behind-the-scenes_Our_April_cover_girl_Alison_Brie
without extreme stutter.

I have rooted my phone but am lost in terms of knowing which rom to flash to for improved performance. I have heard KANG mentioned a couple of times in this thread, is that one of the best ones for performance?

edit (note): Oh and before user eraldo comes and says something like "720p is unnoticeable on 480p screen", I'd just like to mention that some sites don't let you choose the resolution of the video, or their 720p video is encoded with much higher bitrate than their 480p version, which would be noticeable on a screen of any resolution

Last edited:

daaavey

Feb 15, 2012
Yeap , same here but I don't think that optimus2x can handle this flash quality. Using djangomanouche v1 with stefan kernel 1.3.1.

I think the hardware should be capable enough though. I think LG's software is what's holding it back.

Quoting GSMArena:
Flash performance is incomparable – the Optimus 2X does okay with 360p YouTube videos but gets terribly choppy at 720p. The Galaxy S II on the other hand played 1080p videos no problem. This is probably down to software rather than pure hardware performance, but the S II handles flash much better than the 2X and there’s no way around that.

As for the Galaxy S Plus, it played 720p YouTube videos just fine (the original can too) though 1080p proved too much for the overclocked chipset. It wouldn't have made a difference even if it was running at 1.4GHz instead of just 1.2GHz - the lag was simply too great.

I understand the more powerful GS2 performing much better than the 2X, but there's no reason the Galaxy S Plus (single-core snapdragon) should also outperform the Optimus 2X.
I do know that the Touchwiz browser is HW accelerated, so again, I think it's the LG software that's not up to the task.

Also, the Atrix (Tegra 2) handles 720p:
The Atrix 4G browser supports Flash and thanks to all that computing power inside you can even watch embedded 720p videos straight from within the web browser.

-sandro-

May 6, 2011
Pescara, Italy
vimeo.com
I think the hardware should be capable enough though. I think LG's software is what's holding it back.

Quoting GSMArena:

I understand the more powerful GS2 performing much better than the 2X, but there's no reason the Galaxy S Plus (single-core snapdragon) should also outperform the Optimus 2X.
I do know that the Touchwiz browser is HW accelerated, so again, I think it's the LG software that's not up to the task.

Also, the Atrix (Tegra 2) handles 720p:

If you're talking about flash videos in the browser yes it's LG's fault. If you're talking about 720p files not compressed like YT (low profile/bad compression) then yes other GPU could outperform the tegra2. I have a device with SGX540 and it can playback 720p h.264/5.1 AC3 high profile with hardware acceleration flawlessly. The Tegra2 just can't! Tegra 2 = marketing hype

prabhjitsinghwalia

Dec 11, 2011
Bangalore , Delhi
u c i am at temasek 80 kang constant updating from 30 unwards, Etana kernel 2.x

While watching Video in browsers
i have problems with 480p nodoubt sometime it plays sometimes there's just green lines all around the video window , Any browser be it cm7 one or Dolphin.Forget about 720p and above.

360p is shown smoothly BUT when it stops while playing(buffering) due to low b/w when it starts again Video gets stuck only Audio. Its the same if i pause a video while its playing and resume it the video frame gets stuck and only audio keeps going on.

I am on 32 ramhack right now maybe thats why but this Stop/start video frame stuck problem has been there forever coz i have always been using 0 ramhack.

Also i am on Adobe 11 , will downgrade to the 10.x version temasek mentioned and reply what happens.