[RECOVERY] CWMR 5.0.2.7 for the SGHI927(R) - Alpha

Search This thread

sigiloso

Jan 10, 2008
you can try Flashing cwm then download this zip, put it to SDcard then flash via CWM. I have not tried this step before so you're on your own here.

Alternatively, flash ardatdat's Kernel. It will give you root without flashing a ROM. Again, I have not tested, but others confirmed that this worked for them.

If you don't want OC you can Odin flash uknatos' kernel.

Thanks!!! A LOT!. Directly Flashing the superuser app didn't worked. It ended on install aborted.

BUT with ardatdat's Kernel worked flawlessly. Thank you! And due to having CWM before attempting ANYTHING, i was able to do a nandroid backup. (So now I have my own non touched ATT rom)
This thread should be pinned on development, AND included as the first step of rooting the Glide.... Would avoid many, many bricks...

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: bs27975

taiber2000

do we gonna see a new update for the CWMR?
or at least getting out form the alpha stage?
AFAIK the alpha version is stable and working great for users here, so maybe we can graduate it to RC or even final version?

utkanos i hope you are still with us and will continue work on the glide, especially now that we have ICS coming to us in the near future and probably need a new CWMR.

utkanos

Mar 23, 2011
chicago
AFAIK the alpha version is stable and working great for users here, so maybe we can graduate it to RC or even final version?

utkanos i hope you are still with us and will continue work on the glide, especially now that we have ICS coming to us in the near future and probably need a new CWMR.

I think enough users have tested it so at this point if everything is working well then the current version will be stable going forward. I will update cwmr along with the mainline cwmr when updates come out for it for you guys.

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
I think enough users have tested it so at this point if everything is working well then the current version will be stable going forward. I will update cwmr along with the mainline cwmr when updates come out for it for you guys.

We appreciate all your work! I just haven't got the courage to flash my phone as of yet. But When I do, this will be the first thing I flash! I am just afraid as this is the only phone I have and if for some unknown reason I don't get it going, I will be with no phone till I get it back up and running.

doode2011

Dec 7, 2011
Thanks!!! A LOT!. Directly Flashing the superuser app didn't worked. It ended on install aborted.

BUT with ardatdat's Kernel worked flawlessly. Thank you! And due to having CWM before attempting ANYTHING, i was able to do a nandroid backup. (So now I have my own non touched ATT rom)
This thread should be pinned on development, AND included as the first step of rooting the Glide.... Would avoid many, many bricks...

Thank you!

The non-touched att rom is going to be a life saver. You could update the coming ICS to your phone and create a stock rom for everyone :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using xda premium

ajt1995

Jan 23, 2012
Fredericktown Missouri
I too have an untouched AT&T nandroid backup, When ICS gets released, how would I update to it? (I will restore the nandroid, then update) but do I have to get rid of Clockwork Recovery?

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
Odin flashing stock rom. That removes everything.I think

Sent from my Samsung CAPTIVATE Glide SGH-i927 using xda premium

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado

Aquethys

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 26, 2011
Colorado
Hi guys I have opened the fstab of cwmr in text editor(root exp) and now I'm not sure where to add the lines romanr provided...need some guidance...just add to the bottom? :/

romanr

Nov 9, 2009
Repack recovery image

Hi guys I have opened the fstab of cwmr in text editor(root exp) and now I'm not sure where to add the lines romanr provided...need some guidance...just add to the bottom? :/
Could anybody guide me how to unpack/repack recovery images? Manual or at least tools would be great!

phatryan69

Nov 8, 2011
lburg, ky
Maybe someone can shed some light... I somehow took my buttons out of order in CWM and have to use the physical keyboard for go back/choose and I can figure out how to get it back to normal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using XDA

transce080

Aug 21, 2011
Cleveland
Confirmed working on ATT 2.3.6. Flashed to my stock rom before doing root. Worked like a charm, though I was unable to complete a backup until I had rooted. Thanks for sharing, utkanos.

Last edited:

tcfx44

Nov 21, 2006
I have a strange problem. I made a backup with 5.0.27 and then installed ICS ROM. Then I tried to restore the backup and restore failed. For all files that were with .tar extension in the backup folder, CWMR complained that cannot find .img file. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have ported CWMR to the I927(r) device.

Here are the instructions, prepared for me by CarpeNoctem who was instrumental in the testing of this port. Thanks to him for providing me with all the files. This is a RECOVERY that does not rely on it being in a kernel, so you can use this with any kernel you like.
    ---
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

1. Launch odin (v1.82 tested)
    2. Boot your phone in "Download mode"
    3. Select PDA in odin and choose the file "CWMR_recovery.tar.md5"
    4. ONLY "auto reboot" must be check !!

---

This is considered an ALPHA build as it has only been tested on a few handsets so far. Flashing this means that you acknowledge this fact. Please help test it by using it and reporting any problems that you might have.

The file for ODIN is here: CWMR_recovery.tar.md5 OUTDATED

The source code (device tree) is on my github: android_device_samsung_SGHI927R

Feel free to modify this all you like, enjoy.

Credits:
    koush for clockworkmod recovery.
    carpenoctem/gabby131 for testing this out.

-----

UPDATE:

I have migrated this device to the 5.0.2.7 source tree for clockwork.

v2: CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5
    UPDATE:

I have migrated this device to the 5.0.2.7 source tree for clockwork.

v2: CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar.md5

This is considered an alpha release, please test this on the new codebase and report any problems (if any).

Hi guys,

I tried installing clockworkmod recovery using odin and CWMR5x_i927_recovery.tar on my rooted i927r. I get a green pass in odin. After auto reboot, when I open rom manager, it says that i must have clockworkmod recovery installed to flash and restore roms or to backup current rom.

Can someone give help me with this issue please? Is it because I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery Version 6.0.0.1 Touch before flashing CWMR 5.0.2.7?

Sorry I do not believe Glide supports ROM manager. You can boot into CWM with the key combination. I think its volume down and power (always get it confused with recovery volume up and power) if I'm wrong, well if I mixed those 2 up some one please correct.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using xda app-developers app
    How can I gain root with this cwm without flashing a cooked room.?

Is it possible?

I'm with captivate from att. Is this safe to flash? Or this cwmr is just for rogers?
    Sorry for the question, I'm just trying to avoid another bricked experience.. last one took me more than a week to fix.

Thks,

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

you can try Flashing cwm then download this zip, put it to SDcard then flash via CWM. I have not tried this step before so you're on your own here.

Alternatively, flash ardatdat's Kernel. It will give you root without flashing a ROM. Again, I have not tested, but others confirmed that this worked for them.

If you don't want OC you can Odin flash uknatos' kernel.