Initial Issues with Evo LTE

Search This thread

infideler

Oct 7, 2007
My auto-brightness setting has been wonky in about 10 to 15 different lighting environments.

Promixity sensor issues - though I took advice posted here and recalibrated - hopefully this resolves screen-on in-call issues.

Minor wifi issues as well, from areas in home that previous phone worked "ok". Will have to keep testing - this may just be getting used to the new antennae array.

My bigger issues are coming from SGSII w/ CM9a4. I miss my search button, easy to access menu button and ICS smoothness. Sense *still* feels like my old Hero/Evo4G. Can't wait for some roms to hit.

Other that little pet peeves, love the phone. Especially now that I have the official Swype Beta on there.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
If this turns out to be like the original evo, expect a fully working cm in about 6-8 months.

There is definitely some bloat present underneath. Perhaps not as bad as the first evo, but plenty of room for improvements, optimizations, etc.

DNA_007

Sep 29, 2010
Chicago
I really think the ringing loudness is very low comparing to the old EVO 4G. It seems the speaker does not get as loud, and it's hard to hear sometimes my phone ringing in the busy office we run in the shipping warehouse where I work. Very unusual as original EVO 4G was plenty loud.

I tried different ringtones but still it misses the loudness that I would like it to have.

adamcattell

Apr 16, 2008
Proximity sensor doesn't seem to work when I am on a call. Screen turns off before I get the phone to my ear, doesn't turn back on when it leaves my ear, and if I then turn the screen on using the power button then the screen just stays on during the call even if put back to my ear.

Anyone else?

Had the same problem after I installed the Zagg screen protector. I had it slightly blocking the sensor. As soon as I took it off it has been working just fine.

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
I've got an issue with loosing 3g network connectivity
42574191-e7cd-c47d.jpg

Sent from my EVO LTE
Mine had that problem too, Sprint tech support had me do a few things to try and fix it and by the time we got done it had no 3g at all. They are now going to "expedite" getting a replacement phone to me, which it turns out means that I should get it in 3-5 business days.

After all of this I was so pissed today when I thought my replacement phone had arrived, only to open the package and it is a silicone case to fit my phone that doesn't work.

Reactions: Hypeo

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Wow. I can't believe how many issues people are reporting already. I don't have mine yet, waiting on BB. Disappointing to hear all the issues, that's for sure. Hopefully there's a way to make HTC aware of them so they can push fixes. Or I'm sure our devs can take care of the non HW and non radio related issues.

sent from 2yr old Evo on ICS

phat78boy

Sep 6, 2006
Anyone else having an issue with names not showing up for texts on the productivity lock screen? In doing some searching, seems its also happening on the One X as well.

It appears if you save your contacts with just numbers, no dashes or parenthesis, it works fine. Heck if I'm going to edit all my contacts though. Time to report as official bug.

Last edited:

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Wow. I can't believe how many issues people are reporting already. I don't have mine yet, waiting on BB. Disappointing to hear all the issues, that's for sure. Hopefully there's a way to make HTC aware of them so they can push fixes. Or I'm sure our devs can take care of the non HW and non radio related issues.

Keep in mind there is no thread for non-issues. Mine is perfect so far. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Proximity sensor doesn't seem to work when I am on a call. Screen turns off before I get the phone to my ear, doesn't turn back on when it leaves my ear, and if I then turn the screen on using the power button then the screen just stays on during the call even if put back to my ear.

Anyone else?

Exactly the same here.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Had the same problem after I installed the Zagg screen protector. I had it slightly blocking the sensor. As soon as I took it off it has been working just fine.

omg, are you kidding me?
I was thinking that might be the case.

grrmisfit

Jun 15, 2010
st. louis
how many with proximity sensor issues are using screen protectors.. this was an issue back on my pre .. i had the zagg screen cover and the sensor hardly ever worked till i took it off

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
3G 3G 3G....

Absolutely horrible data speeds. I'm talking as low as 34kbps down, and 19kbps up; never broke 450 down or 350 up. My Evo 4G consistently does 1500-2200kbps down, and 600-900kbps up in the areas I tested. I'm not sticking around to see if it's an individual phone issue, or if HTC botched the antennas on the whole lot. Mines going back to Sprint next week.

At this point, I'll wait for the SGS III, and see if the Evo LTE is about to have its own antenna-gate.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Is Google Voice (standard) not working correctly?

Mine will only produce notification and sound on a voicemail when I press the power button. It's quiet as a mouse until then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please keep it civil in here and stay on topic. No matter what phone it is there's going to be some issues with launch day devices, so it's counterproductive to harass those who are having issues. At the same time if you've never seen one and aren't planning on buying one there's a very good chance you have no business whatsoever posting here.

Threads Cleaned.
    Putting my concerns on various sites provides maximum exposure. Hopefully someone would be able to come up with a suggestion that can help me with the problems on this phone. That may happen on this site or some other site. All I am trying to do it find solutions for the problems for my phone. Is it really wrong to try and ask multiple people for help?

Various sites is fine, various threads is not. This is not allowed here. Please confine your question to one thread only. Multiple people will help you on the one thread. Also keep in mind that you may not get answers to all of your questions or as quickly as you would like. The device is still new and people are still trying to navigate their way around it. Please be patient.
    Mine is running pretty smooth.

Might be an app that's not playing nice.

Some folks are having some issues with WIFI. TRy shutting WIFI off and see if it goes away.

I also tend to minimize apps using my location. They might all do a "Where am I" everytime you wake it.

Anyone else?

Try to calibrate the G-Sensor, Settings -> Display & Gestures, I tried it and it seems to be much better.

Keep in mind there is no thread for non-issues. Mine is perfect so far. I wouldn't worry too much.

Sent from my EVO using XDA