Be careful of Snap-On Cases

Search This thread

rahtrip

Jun 24, 2013
Hey guys my friends and I noticed that those of us using Snap-On Hard cases or cases that have the metal bezel exposed at the top and bottom are noticing that the metal bezel around the phone is getting scratches all around, like little hairline scratches. Just wondering, how many others have this issue.

ronii1123

Jun 30, 2010
Massachusetts and stuff
Hey guys my friends and I noticed that those of us using Snap-On Hard cases or cases that have the metal bezel exposed at the top and bottom are noticing that the metal bezel around the phone is getting scratches all around, like little hairline scratches. Just wondering, how many others have this issue.

I haven't used any on recent devices because snap-ons and other plastic cases always without fail, scratch and leave scuffs on my devices. I haven't trusted any for that reason, so I make sure all my cases have a TPU material on the inside. There are some great options out there too.

boogie2001

Aug 19, 2013
The M7 would scratch easily too I found especially with hard cases. I use a full body armor skin and when I need a case for a little extra protection, I use a soft gel type case that's easy to put on and take off.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

manup456

Dec 10, 2008
Danbury
www.creativeminds.graphics
Yeah I have a few scratches on the aluminum edge which is not bad but very annoying since you would think adding a case would prevent this from happening.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
It's funny this is brought up. I bought the dot view case for my phone and really have no complaints. The funny part is that I was watching a YouTube video on a review of the case the other day. The dude talked about how this particular phone tends to get nicked up on the on edges etc. He then goes on with his demo and brings up the point that the dot view cases doesn't actually snap into place but it still holds the phone well. He didn't understand why the case didn't offer a nice hard snap when putting it on the phone. After reading the thread...I guess it's because of the fear of cosmetic damage. For 50 bucks...I sure hope it wouldn't scratch my phone up.

faresrouabah

Aug 8, 2011
Case scratched my phone

I bought a Spigen clear back case for my phone, and resulted in scratches a week later. It allowed dirt and stuff to get stuck in there and scratch it up. Angry.

nohcho

Aug 22, 2009
As a rule i always avoid hard cases. On iphones, for instance, the dirt gets in betweeb the phone and a case and inevitably causes hairline scratches as the dirt is trapped. That is, of course , no issue if you clean of your phone often

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

aramos87

Oct 7, 2011
I actually had the same thing happen to me with a tpu case I bought from Amazon. It must be from dust getting under there or something. It is very frustrating.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk