• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
hello guys,

i am confused to root my moto g or not.
i have a little experience of root on my htc wfs (rooted after the warranty period)
but i own a moto g and it is still under warranty.
i am looking for some advice whether to root or not :confused:

could you guys suggest something.

thanks and regards
-AK

Last edited:

tohema

Apr 27, 2011
Hyderabad
my answer is no

I have used couple of phones all are rooted except my moto g. I did not find any reason to root it till now. All my other phones are rooted for many reasons like lag, updated os , custom buttons and features, over clock etc and never cared about warranty. But i am very happy with stock moto g. No lags in playing any games, 1 day 10 hrs of avg battery, we can rate moto series to nexus interms of software updates.. My phone is not rooted and i am happy with my moto g. Cheers.

Reactions: akshay.ku

tootone

Jul 5, 2010
I paid 50 bucks for my moto g. I am dying to root and unlock the bootloader, for a ton of reasons.

Firstly, titanium backup
OTG xbox 360 controller
wiimote
overclocking, undervolting
CM11 and Paranoid android. I love these roms, and they call to me.

Basically with custom roms you open up an entire new way to use android. You get to customize your phone like never before.

don't get me wrong, other than 3g, and verizion prepaid in general I love this phone. But I still want to mess around with it:}

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
Hmm,

Thanks for all the replies.
I agree with the 2nd and 3rd post,
That u need a reason to root,
And the moto g is best when compared to all.
I was using HTC wfs and it was rooted again
After root the performance got little better but not
Up to my expectation.
Reading the above posts are I think
I conclude that no need to root.
But I like to customise phones so I will wait till
The warranty expires and think again to root or not.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

akshay.ku

May 28, 2013
banglore
I think you like to root and customise.
Its your way of using.
The rooted ones give you more features but voids warranty.
If you need to root your phone then try the
Moto g AIO TOOL by alonsoch

Link. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635706

That tool helps you to root and install cwm recovery and also allows you to convert to gpe

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Ani0o7

Mar 9, 2014
Indore
Moto G
Moto G 2014
I think the answer of the question can only be given by you, whether you want to customize your phone in very little manner as there is no stable rom but you can enjoy xposed framework and Titanium backup on rooted device or you can stay in warranty as of unrooted device decision is yours

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my answer is no

I have used couple of phones all are rooted except my moto g. I did not find any reason to root it till now. All my other phones are rooted for many reasons like lag, updated os , custom buttons and features, over clock etc and never cared about warranty. But i am very happy with stock moto g. No lags in playing any games, 1 day 10 hrs of avg battery, we can rate moto series to nexus interms of software updates.. My phone is not rooted and i am happy with my moto g. Cheers.
    I wont root the phone until there is a way to do it without messing with the bootloader
    or the warranty expires
    :cowboy:
    I paid 50 bucks for my moto g. I am dying to root and unlock the bootloader, for a ton of reasons.

Firstly, titanium backup
    OTG xbox 360 controller
    wiimote
    overclocking, undervolting
    CM11 and Paranoid android. I love these roms, and they call to me.

Basically with custom roms you open up an entire new way to use android. You get to customize your phone like never before.

don't get me wrong, other than 3g, and verizion prepaid in general I love this phone. But I still want to mess around with it:}
    I think the answer of the question can only be given by you, whether you want to customize your phone in very little manner as there is no stable rom but you can enjoy xposed framework and Titanium backup on rooted device or you can stay in warranty as of unrooted device decision is yours

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    If you need to ask, the answer is you don't need root.