Global update is official.

Search This thread

ericsignals

Sep 30, 2010
Buffalo
Here's hoping everyone takes the upcoming update and some roms are re-based (if needed). now that this global ota is receiving a full release it should make things a bit easier. I still cant believe in the threads there are people still running gingerbread firmware.

LunaticSerenade

Nov 26, 2008
Columbus
It'll be better when they drop kernel source for the global update. I can't believe this OTA is coming nearly 10 months after the leak. Completely ridiculous. What incredibly valuable piece of crap did Big Red have to add to the mix to delay this?

Support for Skynet.

That's a really bad joke, isn't it? :p

Sent from my CM 10.1 HTC Rezound.

Chuck Snorus

Mar 27, 2012
Were any of you who got the update running the global leak? I'm running it and not sure if I should expect to receive the OTA.

Legobricke

Aug 10, 2010
Jupiter
I have the Global leak and haven't seen the update yet...

My gut tells me I won't, so I will have to wait until it gets release here somewhere.

Lego

Morpheus991

I noticed a weird new keyboard installed called "DioPen IME" after I did the update. I think it has handwriting recognition and some Asian language integrated (no offence).
Also just noticed that my screen dims after 15 seconds of not touching it no matter what my display settings are..kind of like during long moments of inactivity during navigation, weird...ok figured it out, it's only when the battery is under 20%.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

esheesle

Nov 30, 2010
I'd be very curious to hear from anyone trying out GSM support after this update. Will a tmobile sim work in the phone (give voice, txt, data without special mods to the rom)?

UgXvibe

Mar 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Well.. I rebooted my phone and when it restarted it started an Android Update.. I freaked out and pulled the battery cause I'm running ViperRez right now.. Started the phone and it didnt try to update again.. somewhere I should look for the file? Or is it gone?

bigsnack

Feb 5, 2011
Well.. I rebooted my phone and when it restarted it started an Android Update.. I freaked out and pulled the battery cause I'm running ViperRez right now.. Started the phone and it didnt try to update again.. somewhere I should look for the file? Or is it gone?
Interesting, I too am on ViperRez(last version released) and I didn't see any update, at least not yet. Are you also on the global leak?

I can just flash this in recovery and not worry about losing any data or anything if I am on the leak, or do I have to do something special? I'm S-off as a note,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the new firmware without the boot.img and recovery.img. Since the zip was edited, you probably need to be S-off for it to work. Both radios update. It is the full firmware part of the OTA without boot and recovery.
    New Global Firmware
    Any way to apply this update from Global leak / s-on without a full RUU?

Sent from my HTC Rezound running cm10.1

Yes! Will upload a new file that you can. But you will have to re-flash your custom recovery.img and boot.img.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

FOR S-ON PEOPLE! Make sure you relock first.

Finally got it uploaded. http://d-h.st/BIj S-on and S-off users should be able to flash it in HBOOT after renaming it correctly. But you'll loose your custom boot and recovery so you'll need to reflash those.
    *FACEPALM* It dawned on me tonight that just like with an RUU, this will not flash if you are s-on and unlocked. Backup the data partition then fastboot oem lock in HBOOT. You can now apply the update. Once it is done, you can re-unlock (make sure you have your unlock code!) and re-flash your recovery and boot using fastboot. After that, use recovery to restore data.

My Rezound is now updated!

Thanks for the reminder of why firmware.zip wasn't working for us S-On folks. Here are my steps for flashing new firmware while s-on, from the previous "global" release.

-fastboot boot amon. make a backup
    -adb reboot bootloader
    -fastboot erase cache
    -fastboot oem lock
    -fastboot oem rebootRUU
    -fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    (it will fail for with pre-update flush again immediately error). So do it again -->
    -fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    (it will finish)
    when its done:
    -fastboot reboot-bootloader
    -fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
    -pull the battery and replace. Hold down volume down button plus power button to boot into hboot, then fastboot mode.
    -fastboot boot amon ra
    -restore full backup
    -reboot
    Anyone that took the update would be so kind to share the dump please

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Here ya go OTAPkg.zip
    http://db.tt/keMdFzn7
    It'll be better when they drop kernel source for the global update. I can't believe this OTA is coming nearly 10 months after the leak. Completely ridiculous. What incredibly valuable piece of crap did Big Red have to add to the mix to delay this?

Lets Golf 2 was probably the culprit