[Q] Poor wifi performance

Search This thread

LadFromWales85

Feb 3, 2005
Wales, UK Earth, The Universe
I can see my work wifi in a location I frequent with previous phones.
I can connect and use it even though it gives me just a dot for the signal. other phones struggle in this same location.
Perhaps try turning off Wifi power saving in the settings :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk 4

intrancer

Mar 9, 2008
Has turning wifi power saving off, has this helped?.. for me this has made no difference

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk 4

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
guys from what I've seen don't go by the little signal strength indicator on the notification bar as it doesn't really reflect what's actually happening, I had a XZU for a few weeks and a Z before that, I can pick up wifi connections on both the XZU and Z1 were the Z was out of range, I was sitting in a bar last night connected to a wifi AP that was about 100m away and there are structures and people in-between, the Z1 is as good as the ZU when connecting to wifi and both are better than the Z

keithfloyd

Sep 23, 2013
For those who have the device, how does your wifi signal strength compare. Sitting at my desk, I get no bars now where on my OneX I got 2 or 3.

Wifi on my Z1 C6903 seems really poor.
Connected to 5Ghz on a dual band wifi router situated in the tv room. I don't get any connectivity from my room which is around 10m away.
I used to get decent connectivity on my iphone 5 - speedtest of around 14mbps. I can't even connect to speedtest on my Z1.

On a sidenote - what is with the headphone button not working. Had to update to .534 after much googling. Also, the new firmware doesn't help the wifi issues. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for a fix ...which may or may not improve it.

Also, did try to turn off the wifi power saving "feature" as well. Didn't do much.

Anyways that's my feedback.

Reactions: Mobe1969
F

Flashmore

Id just like to know, Wifi is that bad, compared to what?
Regards

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
Same here, disconnects from wifi a lot.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk 2

No Wi-fi issues here at all.. Even with the door closed, when I got to the next room, get plenty of signal and speed...

In OP, I said compared to my previous phone. Also, have trouble with mobile data being very slow. With that being said, I have moved provider to EE but they are supposed to have decent coverage.

Not sure now whether to return and get a new one or get the Notes 3 instead. :confused:

You might want to move to 4G... EE 3G is so slow... I get 10 times the speed I used to get on EE 3G now that I'm on EE 4G...

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
No Wi-fi issues here at all.. Even with the door closed, when I got to the next room, get plenty of signal and speed...

You might want to move to 4G... EE 3G is so slow... I get 10 times the speed I used to get on EE 3G now that I'm on EE 4G...

I've turned off the the wifi optimisation off, it seems to of helped but still not as good as the wifi on the HTC One.

bleary

Sep 9, 2006
Sunderland
Regards

HTC One
Galaxy S4
iPhone 5
iPhone 5S

Basically it is rubbish so far. The signal and speed is not as good as other devices.

Interested in hearing more from people who say it is fine.

Fine compared to what? Can you give examples?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

As an example between Z1 and a 5S.

Same router, same distance.

Speedtest.net app on each phone.

Z1

Ping: 248ms
Down: 0.42
Up: 1.25

5S

Ping: 45ms
Down: 17.49
Up: 2.5

(I have around 20mbit fibre with around 3-4mbit up)

Reactions: Mobe1969

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
How frustrating, I was looking at upgrading to this phone, and reading most of the posts floating around I am having huge deja vu experiences with the newly launched Xperia Z and the pains associated with being some of the first. I feel for you all.

While we are talking WIFI, anyone tested the 802.11ac bands?

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
I've turned off the the wifi optimisation off, it seems to of helped but still not as good as the wifi on the HTC One.

I did a proper test yesterday. Closed my living room door (living room is where router is) and closed my own room's door... Got plenty of signal and about 33Mb/s which is good considering my connection is a 50Mb/s one.. Get about 48 on my laptop which is very near router...Don't see any issues here :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i think Z1 will optimized wifi power for baytery, to disable this feature you should go to Setting->wifi->Advanced-> and uncheck "Wi-Fi optimization".:eek:

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app
    For those who have the device, how does your wifi signal strength compare. Sitting at my desk, I get no bars now where on my OneX I got 2 or 3.

Same issue here on a phone from O2 with the latest software installed.

Compared to an iphone 5 struggles to hang onto signal. Tried both bands as well, same issue.

Wifi on my Z1 C6903 seems really poor.
    Connected to 5Ghz on a dual band wifi router situated in the tv room. I don't get any connectivity from my room which is around 10m away.
    I used to get decent connectivity on my iphone 5 - speedtest of around 14mbps. I can't even connect to speedtest on my Z1.

On a sidenote - what is with the headphone button not working. Had to update to .534 after much googling. Also, the new firmware doesn't help the wifi issues. Who knows how long we'll have to wait for a fix ...which may or may not improve it.

Also, did try to turn off the wifi power saving "feature" as well. Didn't do much.

Anyways that's my feedback.
    Regards

HTC One
    Galaxy S4
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5S

Basically it is rubbish so far. The signal and speed is not as good as other devices.

Interested in hearing more from people who say it is fine.

Fine compared to what? Can you give examples?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

As an example between Z1 and a 5S.

Same router, same distance.

Speedtest.net app on each phone.

Z1

Ping: 248ms
    Down: 0.42
    Up: 1.25

5S

Ping: 45ms
    Down: 17.49
    Up: 2.5

(I have around 20mbit fibre with around 3-4mbit up)