Use Note 3 Charger on Gear

Search This thread

JazonX

Guys,

Is it safe to charge the gear (on cradle) with the Galaxy Note 3 charger - rather than using the charger gear was supplied with in the box?

There is a difference, Note 3 Charger is 5V, and Gear Charger is 4.5V.
Its headache to carry both chargers when im travelling...

Thanks!

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
Guys,

Is it safe to charge the gear (on cradle) with the Galaxy Note 3 charger - rather than using the charger gear was supplied with in the box?

Thanks!

my gear charger is in my computer usb

so there is no difference really, the internal componants in the gear and note3 change the voltage to 3.7 volts anyway

usb is a standard and should be 5volts, or between 4.5 and 5

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Smart Watches
Android Wear
Guys,

Thanks!

I haven't tried it but have read that higher amperage chargers like the Note 3's don't charge the Gear 2. Devices only pull as much amperage as they need so I don't think it will hurt. You might want to wait for an expert to chime in though.

bballengphd

Dec 8, 2012
Its the amperage you have to be concerned with. Most, if not all of the newer devices these days have smart sensors built-in, so higher amperage will not be an issue, the gear cradle will only pull what is needed.

If the charger cannot meet the specified amperage, ie lower amperage, the device will charge much slower, but it will still charge.

The voltage is not that big of a concern, most chargers have anywhere between 4-5V specification.

forshaw

Feb 4, 2012
devices only take what they need *laymens*

devices only draw as much current as they need

a 315mA battery will not draw 5A of current

im a electronic engineer

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I've tried to use my samsung 2.0amp charger and the watch won't charge. I have to use 1 amp charger or lower to work

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

nossac

Dec 14, 2004
Australia
I charge my gear 2 using my note 3 charger. Works a dream. Like was said before the battery on the gear will only pull what it needs.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app