[Completed] Utime/Charmpin G7 Rom update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mamakaze

Sep 9, 2009
Hello,

I've bought an Utime G7 mobile (Android version 4.2.1, kernel version 3.4.5, build number: s33a_95045a_m11_v002_ch_20140307) from the ebay, but I forgot to tell them, that I'd like the hungarian language. How can I add this to my system? Or I've downloaded a hungarian rom from the needrom.com (it contains img files, mbr, ect...), and I'd like to know, how to install it (the last time I've done something like this, I've worked with android 2.0, 3 years ago on my tablet, maybe a lot of things changed :) )

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
After taking a look at that website, since these are complete firmwares, they can be pushed over ADB after putting the phone is bootloader/download/fastboot mode. Once done, you'd have to issue a set of commands to flash the firmware. Here's a nice tutorial [Tutorial] How to flash a new boot.img via Fastboot Although its for a different device, underlying ADB commands are still the same.

Having said that, here's a nice discussion thread.
[Q] Enabling other languages? Post 3 would be of importance to you. Its for a different device but the steps listed are just the same for you.

mamakaze

Sep 9, 2009
I think, I'm stupid or something. I don't understand a word about theese tutorials, and I don't understand why do I need theese things (adb, fastboot, ect..) to update my rom (I've rooted my phone)... Isn't that enough to install rom manager v5.5.3.7...open it, choose "reboot into recovery", and after the reboot, choose "apply update from sd card", and select the system.img (I've unpacked from a zip what contains boot.img, EBR1, EBR2, lk.bin, logo.bin, MBR, preloader.bin, recovery.img, secro.img, system.img)?
Or just create a bootable sd card?

Last edited:

mamakaze

Sep 9, 2009
this is the third time I asked for help on the internet, and after that I had to solve my own problem....
SP Flash tool was the right answer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.