OEM NOKIA ROMs - Download & Flashable - Now Supports 93 Devices!

Search This thread

pistol44

Sep 1, 2008
Toronto
That's how the ATT version is. The option exists, but you have to call in to ATT and have it enabled for an extra charge.

I believe for those who want it free, you'll need to wait for registry access... Even then, doesn't ATT eventually find out and back charge?

Makes me wonder. Can a Rogers customer call Rogers and have it enabled for a charge on an ATT phone?

That's a great question however I believe the answer is no. I've unlocked my ATT Titan for use on Telus. Internet sharing is still locked by ATT. Telus cannot enable it for me and ATT can't do anything either because I'm not a customer.

I'm curious though.. I almost feel like a registry edit would be needed to enable Internet Sharing regardless if you have ATT activate it. What actually enables it? ATT clicks a button on their end and it magically enables it? And lets say the enable it, you leave ATT and unlock your same device on another carrier.. Is it still unlocked?

DanMc85

Jan 6, 2008
USA
I don't know what's different, if anything, but I personally flashed the ATT Retail Alive one to my phone. I believe they call those others Variant files.

The Alive versions are not for regular use, they contain the demo "screensavers" and content programs for the display versions you see on display in at&t stores. If this content downloads to your phone automatically which it will given time with the alive versions basically the demo will auto start when the phone isn't actively being used and run the battery into the ground until it is dead as the screen with never shut off.

- Dan

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
The Alive versions are not for regular use, they contain the demo "screensavers" and content programs for the display versions you see on display in at&t stores. If this content downloads to your phone automatically which it will given time with the alive versions basically the demo will auto start when the phone isn't actively being used and run the battery into the ground until it is dead as the screen with never shut off.

- Dan
That's good to know, although, I don't see any difference on my phone. No extra screen savers, programs, wallpapers, etc... I guess in time they will download automatically?

crowvat

Mar 14, 2009
Nokia Lumia 900

I have paid cellunlocker some money to unlock my nokia lumia 900, they did say it will take some time untill they work it out.

And I guess if flashing the phone wont unlock it, its just a waiting game until some one breaks the AT&T lock code.

Can any one think of any other way to unlock this phone?

Best Regards,
crowvat

_Madmatt

Jul 3, 2009
I was just wondering, if I buy a Lumia 900 AT&T, and then when they release the 900 in Europe as well, could I flash the Europe (unlocked) ROM on the AT&T variant? Because it won't accept my SIM card when it's locked, or would it?

cruiser78

Dec 17, 2007
Rogers customer here.

The internet sharing option IS available but any connected devices will not get internet access unless you have a tethering plan. So even if you flash a Rogers ROM to an AT&T phone, it seems the provider still can disable internet sharing on their end.

I have a Rogers Lumia 900 unlocked and am using it on Bell. When I try and enable Internet Sharing, I get a message stating that "Internet sharing isn't currently allowed." Really disappointed in that since I was looking forward to keeping that option available since I came from a Touch Pro 2.

TJBoy

Jan 19, 2009
Tijuana
I have a Rogers Lumia 900 unlocked and am using it on Bell. When I try and enable Internet Sharing, I get a message stating that "Internet sharing isn't currently allowed." Really disappointed in that since I was looking forward to keeping that option available since I came from a Touch Pro 2.

But do you have a tethering plan activated with Bell?

cruiser78

Dec 17, 2007
But do you have a tethering plan activated with Bell?

Yes I do. Today I went to a Rogers kiosk and borrowed a Rogers sim card. Internet sharing worked great. Then I went to the Bell store and had them confirm that tethering was allowed and activated on my plan (which I knew it was) and asked if there was anything they had to trigger on their end to get it to work. They said there was nothing else that they needed to or could do to get tethering to work. They just said that they can't guarantee that data will work on unlocked phones brought from a different network. They did recommend I call Bell technical support though to confirm it wasn't a Bell issue and they also said my best bet to get it unlocked if it is a Rogers locking it up to their network issue would be to call Rogers technical support and say I was going out of country and wanted to make sure my tethering would work on another carrier and see if they can provide some sort of unlock for it.

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
The Alive versions are not for regular use, they contain the demo "screensavers" and content programs for the display versions you see on display in at&t stores.- Dan
Ok, I've now flashed my 900 a few more times, and you are absolutely right. The Alive version is the in-store demo version. Evidently, when I flashed before, I selected the Alive version, but the software automatically changed it to the var version and I didn't notice.

This time, I forced the Alive version, and it did in fact have the screensaver and demo software installed.

Thank you Dan for your insight. I'm now comfortably back on the original ROM, but I downloaded and flashed the 12084 version this time... Figure I'd make it as clean as possible. It's running stellar btw. :D

Morpheus Phreak

Aug 24, 2007
Portland
I just wanted to say thanks SuperSport.

I was having some issues with the storage speeds on my Lumia 900 and was hoping a flash of the OS would possibly fix any issues and it did.

When using WP Bench I was having some VERY low storage read/write speeds (we're talking sub 2MBps speeds) that would randomly crop up. After doing the 'refurb' process to flash the image onto the phone not only did the storage read/write speeds improve (usually around 8MBps now with very steady speeds, no more random drops), but so did the memory read/write speeds.

The lower speeds before were causing some issues with the initial boot up on the phone (apps would exit unless I let the phone sit for about a minute) which have now gone away.

I've always noticed speeder camera load times. The camera button is now always responsive when the screen is off/locked.

The volume buttons are still an issue however. So it appears that is something Nokia will have to fix in a later firmware if possible.

All-in-all I would recommend flashing the device with the latest image if problems with performance are noticed before returning a device.

Of course the usual your mileage may vary & don't blame me if your device bricks warnings/caveats apply.

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I just wanted to say thanks SuperSport.

I was having some issues with the storage speeds on my Lumia 900 and was hoping a flash of the OS would possibly fix any issues and it did.

When using WP Bench I was having some VERY low storage read/write speeds (we're talking sub 2MBps speeds) that would randomly crop up. After doing the 'refurb' process to flash the image onto the phone not only did the storage read/write speeds improve (usually around 8MBps now with very steady speeds, no more random drops), but so did the memory read/write speeds.

The lower speeds before were causing some issues with the initial boot up on the phone (apps would exit unless I let the phone sit for about a minute) which have now gone away.

I've always noticed speeder camera load times. The camera button is now always responsive when the screen is off/locked.

The volume buttons are still an issue however. So it appears that is something Nokia will have to fix in a later firmware if possible.

All-in-all I would recommend flashing the device with the latest image if problems with performance are noticed before returning a device.

Of course the usual your mileage may vary & don't blame me if your device bricks warnings/caveats apply.
That's Great News, thank you for your report back. :D

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
I have a question about downloading the Nokia Care Suite. There are so many choices to download. Do I just pick a mirror, or download the Livid link? Could you tell me which one to choose? TY!:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE NOTE, THESE TOOLS MAY NOT WORK ANYMORE DUE TO SERVER ACCESS BEING LIMITED TO NOKIA SUPPORT PERSONNEL ONLY.

WARNING!!!

THESE FILES CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THEY CAN ALSO VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!

WARNING!!!

UPDATE: Video Tutorial Now Available

Sorry about the Choppy Audio. I need a new Mic.​

Using the Links and Video posted here, you can download, install and run the Nokia Care Suite software. This software allows you to download the Latest STOCK OEM ROMs directly from Nokia Servers. It also allows you to flash these ROMs to your Nokia Phones. Keep in mind, this WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE CLEAN! So, be sure you have a backup of all your data, photos, videos, texts messages, etc... EVERYTHING

PS: Use these at Your Own Risk! I will not be held responsible if you destroy your new Lumia with these. With that said, I've flashed my own Lumia 900 8 times and my Lumia 920 3 times with no ill effects.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSIONS FROM HERE:
    Download Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2012.51.4.4.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to flash or Unbrick your phone.

Download Nokia_DataPackage_Manager_2012.18.0.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to download Multiple ROMs. NOT needed, as Care Suite will download individual ROMs.

Running Windows 8?
    You must edit the Registry to Enable installing MSI Files as Administrator, then you need to right click on the installer file and select Run as Administrator. You can use the manual method to install the Registry edit, or you can download and run the file to install it.

Manually Add this Registry Edit to enable installing MSI Files as Administrator:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\Shell\runas]
    "HasLUAShield"=""
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\Command]
    @=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\
      00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,\
      73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\
      00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00

OR, Download This Registry Edit File and double click it to install the Registry Edit.
    Install Registry Edit Use this to install

Remove Registry Edit Use this to remove

attachment.php

Update: Now, MORE products supported. There are now 93 supported phones!!!
    attachment.php
    Now we just need some custom roms...if its possible
    What I did to bring my 900 back from the dead.

Dead Flashing:

The flashing failed and only the 3 lights were coming on with the screen staying OFF.

I unplugged the phone and disconnected it.

The lights were still showing, so I pressed and held the volume button down + Power + Camera, until the lights went off. Then I held the power button until the phone started and the lights came back again.

I reconnected the phone to the PC at this time and selected the No Connection in the Nokia Software which is used to Dead Flash. Then I changed the product name to Lumia 900 and started the flash.

After that I waited for everything to finish and the phone was back and running.

One thing to note is that I tried the hard reset/holding the buttons and connecting several times until the dead flash went through. When everything was done, I was still not sure what exactly I did that got the flash to work, but it worked.

I hope this is of help to people who run into this problem.
    Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't too worried since I know all about dead flashing and the phone in question was a spare and not my primary one.
    No problem, and again, I'm glad it's going. By the way, notice any differences in performance?

EDIT: One more thing, if you have a moment, can you post how you performed the dead flash so others in your position may benefit in the future? Thank you.
    Sir I install in win7 32bit but data manager pop up currently application is not able to work online pls help. I really need to flash my mobile.
    As mentioned on the first post, this tool may not work anymore. Please try this one instead. I've had success with this one working.
    Windows Device Recovery Tool