[Q] Better battery life with 4.2.2??

Which OS do you have better battery life with?

• Better with 4.2.2

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Better with 4.2.1

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Haven't tried and i'm curious to know too!!

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
i've been reading reports of users with N4's getting upwards of 50% increased battery life with the latest stock 4.2.2 update... found multiple people reporting the same thing on the N7 as well... i wonder what was in that update and i wonder if anyone that was using a 4.2.1 ROM that's now on 4.2.2 can share their experience on any increases or decreases they've noticed...

I'm currently running BB7, which is a 4.2.1 based ROM... was thinking of trying another ROM but obviously want to go to a 4.2.2 ROM with theme chooser to find out... just want some feedback before i make the jump...

Reactions: lurtis

anshumandash

Mar 9, 2011
i've been reading reports of users with N4's getting upwards of 50% increased battery life with the latest stock 4.2.2 update... found multiple people reporting the same thing on the N7 as well... i wonder what was in that update and i wonder if anyone that was using a 4.2.1 ROM that's now on 4.2.2 can share their experience on any increases or decreases they've noticed...

I'm currently running BB7, which is a 4.2.1 based ROM... was thinking of trying another ROM but obviously want to go to a 4.2.2 ROM with theme chooser to find out... just want some feedback before i make the jump...

Bb8 beta 4.2.2 is on its way. You can find it yourself. ;)

Sent from my Nexus S

kriout

May 10, 2012

with jellyshot 3.0 4.2.2 based i'm experimenting a very good battery life ... but no theme chooser ( luckly ) there ...

Gingo21

Jan 7, 2013
Laval
On Paranoid Android 3.0 and hellybean 4.2.2 I can say very good battery life with a good kernel

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
i flashed a test build for BB8 earlier today... charged up and so far with sync on (usually kills my battery) and 4G/gps on as well and i dropped about 5% in just about 1.5hrs... that seems pretty good for me so far... i usually have to turn off sync and all data services to stay at a steady % for a while... hopefully when i turn thos things off, it won't barely drop... oh and that's with like 10mins of screen so far lol... just a few texts and screenshots to upload some images for my new theme!

Highway 55

Jun 30, 2010
MN
www.clownpenis.fart
This was on the first discharge cycle after flashing the new 4.2.2 Greenblue AOSP. I think it is going to get even better!

ja9umu6u.jpg

9y3aby6a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
i'm extremely lucky if i can get 3hrs of screen time... i usually would get around 2-2.5hrs of screen... i also usually have 4G turned on... that 7hrs is not normal and def looks like an extended battery... no way thats stock... if so, what are your exact settings?

btw, my 2 days on 4.2.2 so far have been about the same as with 4.2.1 as far as battery goes... maybe a slight increase in idle time when i have everything turned off (not airplane just data/wifi/gps/sync/etc turned off)... still too early to tell for sure tho!

Highway 55

Jun 30, 2010
MN
www.clownpenis.fart
LOL. You can make JFK'ish conspiracies if you want to.
I just posted a screenshot of what i saw on my screen a few hours ago. :D

2g-only mode + minimum brightness + nfc-off, gps-off, data-off, wifi-off afaik

So basically you don't use the device other than to take screenshots of your screen on time...

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra

that cant be true...i used that combination many times and the most screen time i got was 4h30. i have seen some guys reach 5h and something but 7h and still 26% is just ridiculous. did you restore a nandroid backup that had screen on time recorded or something?

the only way i could consider that is if you put the cpu max @100mhz and left the phone with the screen on for those 7 hours without touching it lol

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
The best I've ever gotten was 5:20 hours of screen on time with a few 4+ hours of screen on time. I can only do it if I have WiFi & great signal like 3 or 4 bars & the ROM has to be CM10 stable which gives me best battery I've ever gotten I've said this in a few threads already. I can't believe 7+ hours of screen on time with stock 1500mah battery in the Nexus S!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
i'm doing a test now to see how much screen on time i can get from my battery... i started it late... but we'll see what happens lol...

basically my phone is just sitting wthi the screen on and all other signals turned off...

nexususer1

Jun 24, 2012
Gdańsk
Odp: [Q] Better battery life with 4.2.2??

i'm doing a test now to see how much screen on time i can get from my battery... i started it late... but we'll see what happens lol...

basically my phone is just sitting wthi the screen on and all other signals turned off...

This test is not relevant. Screen on without any phone activity is not equal to using the phone from time to time.

Sent from my Nexus S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's insane... o_o do you have only the screen turned out and didn't do anything? No way in hell someone can get 7 hours of on screen time in 1 charge and still have 26%, unless the phone was charged inbetween, just not completely.

So basically you don't use the device other than to take screenshots of your screen on time...

My friend is using his Xperia Arc smartphone completely as a dumbphone, only for messages and phone calls. He reaches 5 days without problems. He doesn't have data plan at all, nor he uses any apps. For him, small screen is simply inconvenient for browsing...

But question is, why use smartphone in first place when u can use more convenient feature phone, like Nokia Asha devices for ex., with mechanical qwerty keyboard and brutal battery life.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

The main reason i bought the Nexus S is because of voodoo sound i heard from head-fi, so i can replace my 5yr old phone and my 1yr old mp3 player in one device. I also like the UI and the customizability of the roms developed. Also, when i needed wifi it's there. I don't use the smartphone features everyday but i find them handy on several occasions. :)