Moto G turning off itself

Search This thread

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
It's a long history.

One day, my Moto G stop charging. He charge until 1%, then turn itself on, and when it was on, it wasn't charging. I thought that was a OS/software problem, but nothing was sloving. I send to warranty and there they send me back saying that a piece was oxidated and was my fault, so they can't help me. When the cellphone arrive back, it was charging normaly. I really doesn't understand. But my PC wasn't showing the smartphone when plugged in the USB port. I started to use AirDroid.

I have a little struggle to update to Android 4.4.2 but I did it. The smartphone was really weird, but I let it go. Now I have the most annoying problem. It keep turning off by itself. I don't know if is software/OS, hardware, some app, something I'm doing wrong, but it's driving me crazy.

Please guys, help =[

P.S.: Sorry my bad english.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlinderaz

serophia

Feb 8, 2013
California
I had same issue where it turned off on its own and wouldn't charge. I plug cable to wall charger and held power button for 1 minute nothing happened so I kept pressing power button repeatedly until it vibrated and started charging.

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
So, it's charging normally now, but it keeps turning off itself. Another annoying problems is that it turn itself on when I connect it in the USB port on my PC, but not when I plug on wall charger.

serophia

Feb 8, 2013
California
Try this
Plug it in
Hold power button for 2-3 mins
Leave it charging for an hour then unplug
Hold power button for 30 seconds it should vibrate and boot

Sent from my XT1034 using xda app-developers app

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
I guess you missing the point: I CAN charge and I CAN turn it on. The problem is that the cellphone keeps turning itself off at random. Random time, in random activites.

tje1991

Jan 21, 2014
I guess you missing the point: I CAN charge and I CAN turn it on. The problem is that the cellphone keeps turning itself off at random. Random time, in random activites.

Hi are you able to connect the phone to a PC? If so I would transfer important data and then do a factory reset to see if that solves your issue sounds more like a software problem to me.

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
Already did a Factory Reset (the one in Configuration, the one the Fastboot just normally boot the device) and the problem persist.

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
It did it when I did something different, trying to turning on or recovery, I don't really remember. I remember that I freaked out, because the screen was black, without changing, than I did a reset (Power + Volume Up) and then it reseted.

samuel_20_

Jan 31, 2009
You already try charging with wall charger? Maybe your PC don't have enough power to recharge this phone

Last edited:

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
I was able to charge the phone, Anyway, the device stopped to turning off alone. By itself. I didn't do anything different.
I'm so confused.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Something is shorting out inside, probably due to the said oxidation, which will most likely result in such behavior.

If you know how to do it, just open the phone, take the pcb out and clean it well with a dry contract cleaner and a hard toothbrush to remove any oxidation and possible residue.

imagenerator

Apr 1, 2013
Later I was thinking that could be it. So if anything goes wrong, I'll do it or ask to someone with a little more experience to do for me.
Thanks.

spannerz

Nov 7, 2010
Brighton
Later I was thinking that could be it. So if anything goes wrong, I'll do it or ask to someone with a little more experience to do for me.
Thanks.

Some Moto G's do turn themselves ON when you plug in a charger, I have 2 and both do it - you connect the phone when it is turned OFF and then it turns itself on! Sometimes if I plug in the charger and turn OFF the phone quickly it stays off.

It's a bug / feature / quirk but it's unfortunately normal so you can discount that as being a problem related to your other problem.

RFC1795

Oct 11, 2010

I'm having this exact problem too. The phone is less than a month old. Twice this week its happened. Phone was close to fully charged on going to bed, I still checked some emails while it was plugged in.. the charging symbol was also on, so I know it was charging ok when I put it down... then in the morning, wake up, phone is off, but the battery display is showing 100% (The big one shown on screen when it is turned off)

Potentially if I was only using my phone as an alarm, I'd have not woken up. I always use a backup, but now this Moto G worries me!

Seems a few people are having this issue!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a long history.

One day, my Moto G stop charging. He charge until 1%, then turn itself on, and when it was on, it wasn't charging. I thought that was a OS/software problem, but nothing was sloving. I send to warranty and there they send me back saying that a piece was oxidated and was my fault, so they can't help me. When the cellphone arrive back, it was charging normaly. I really doesn't understand. But my PC wasn't showing the smartphone when plugged in the USB port. I started to use AirDroid.

I have a little struggle to update to Android 4.4.2 but I did it. The smartphone was really weird, but I let it go. Now I have the most annoying problem. It keep turning off by itself. I don't know if is software/OS, hardware, some app, something I'm doing wrong, but it's driving me crazy.

Please guys, help =[

P.S.: Sorry my bad english.