[Q] Brick with access to fastboot

Search This thread

markaments

Jan 22, 2014
So, I got annoyed with the speed of my 4.4 ROM and tried to install a new ROM. In the process of wiping davlik and cache, my TF201 hung and didn't do anything. After an hour, I hard rebooted it. Internal memory was totally wiped (including the ROM and Gapps, naturally) and I had to do a whole dance of trying to get the new ROM onto the SD card. After I did that, and installed a new ROM, it wouldn't install Gapps with an error saying it couldn't access the /data folder.

Even though the ROM install seemed to be successful, the tablet hangs on the splash screen ("unlocked" screen). I can access TWRP still, and I get a full fastboot menu.

Am I boned here?

flumpster

Apr 4, 2011
Rhondda Valleys
So, I got annoyed with the speed of my 4.4 ROM and tried to install a new ROM. In the process of wiping davlik and cache, my TF201 hung and didn't do anything. After an hour, I hard rebooted it. Internal memory was totally wiped (including the ROM and Gapps, naturally) and I had to do a whole dance of trying to get the new ROM onto the SD card. After I did that, and installed a new ROM, it wouldn't install Gapps with an error saying it couldn't access the /data folder.

Even though the ROM install seemed to be successful, the tablet hangs on the splash screen ("unlocked" screen). I can access TWRP still, and I get a full fastboot menu.

Am I boned here?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2409602

Where it says to get the TF300 official firmware get the official TF201 Jellybean instead.

Follow all the instructions and you should be back to stock with no recovery. Then install the official TWRP for the TF201 and go from there.