[ROM][2.3.4] « Serendipity 8.2 » **11/8** [FINAL]

Search This thread
MMS

Does anyone know how you change the mms so the pics come as pics and not video?

The best phone out hands down, I777!

I have seen many posts saying that if you use the MMS.APK from the
CyanogenMod 7.1 rom zip file and copy it into /system/apps in your
phone it will solve the problem. (if you do this reboot the phone after copying).

Good Luck!

brent8577

Oct 1, 2011
Its good idea to read all posts for the Rom you use
As I mention my nexus s email and earth not downloading. Clear market data in app settings. I don't know that LCD density does anything to that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

DJLittleMike

Oct 9, 2011
So still having the same issues with the Market - phone not recognized as SGS2 and not able to bill to my AT&T account. Decided today to try out Cognition and the Market is working fine. I like Serendipity, but I am on the Market too much to not have it working. Sorry guys. Great ROM otherwise.

rpw123

Jul 23, 2007
I have seen many posts saying that if you use the MMS.APK from the
CyanogenMod 7.1 rom zip file and copy it into /system/apps in your
phone it will solve the problem. (if you do this reboot the phone after copying).

Good Luck!
MMS not working is pretty scary stuff.
I have the same problem with UnNamed rom 1.04, and 1.1.0 doesn't indicate that it has been addressed yet.

Any word if the developer will be fixing it soon?

eddies92

Oct 8, 2011
MMS not working is pretty scary stuff.
I have the same problem with UnNamed rom 1.04, and 1.1.0 doesn't indicate that it has been addressed yet.

Any word if the developer will be fixing it soon?

you have to be flashing it wrong, this problem does not exist on unNamed 1.0.4 or 1.1.0.. only on serendipity =( (here's to holding my breath)

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
So still having the same issues with the Market - phone not recognized as SGS2 and not able to bill to my AT&T account. Decided today to try out Cognition and the Market is working fine. I like Serendipity, but I am on the Market too much to not have it working. Sorry guys. Great ROM otherwise.

This is from me changing the market to a Nexus S. This means you won't have any apps filtered by at&t.

Sent from my SGS II

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
One of the fastest rom for captivate and now for sgs2...woohoo! And this rom works pretty well but I got 1 problem. As soon as I installed it on my i9100 my home button stopped working. Would be cool if you could rewrite that button for international galaxy s2. I guess I can't use any roms from att galaxy because of that reason :/

Mikey has no ability to test such a thing, but most likely, if you flash an I9100 kernel and modem after flashing S8, it should (mostly) work.

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
If you change melfas.touchkey.something you can have the buttons working on the i9100.

Sent from my SGS II

Dungeon47

Oct 2, 2010
The Mountains
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
If you change melfas.touchkey.something you can have the buttons working on the i9100.

Sent from my SGS II

I believe it is /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl for the AT&TSGS2. You would need to see what key number your i9100 uses for home in stock and patch this file to use the same one if I'm not mistaken. Make backups in case I'm crazy.

ATT Intruder

Oct 29, 2010
Boise
Because it's AT&T's 3G APN.

Are you still working on a permanent fix for the MMS issue?

I've checked my APN's as well as my message centre number and all are correct. The only thing I haven't done is switched to another mms.apk from another rom as I just as soon wait for your 8.2 if in fact one is coming eventually.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People on Mac Rumors don't believe I made ROMs. Apparently.

http://serendipityi777.weebly.com/

:cool:

Added long press Volume keys to change songs
    Fixed Data problems on fresh install
    Fixed MMS failing
    - Removes MMS themes
    - Removes Email removal from MMS app
    Updated Market
    Updated Maps
    And yes, it is correct - Mikey has the 10/20 non-experimental DD release before I publically posted it to my thread. :p

This temporal anomaly is brought to you by desperate users for the fuel_alerted fix, beer, hard cider, and my laziness.
    5WrZg.png
    Just bought an i777 on eBay for $356.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    Ah its good to be back!

Thanks,
    ChanceM