Search This thread

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
I have flashed dutty's v4 rom and i want to change it
the problem is that when i try to do so i run
KaiserCustomRUU
my device goes into the 4 stripes screen it says usb
but then the program in the pc says error 260 and doesn't load the new rom
my phone still works as dutty's rom is still in but what can i do to change it?
Thank you and i have searched a lot but could not find a solution

Last edited:

c.b

Jan 15, 2008
Milton Keynes
I have flashed dutty's v4 rom and i want to change it
the problem is that when i try to do so i run
KaiserCustomRUU
my device goes into the 4 stripes screen it says usb
but then the program in the pc says error 260 and doesn't load the new rom
my phone still works as dutty's rom is still in but what can i do to change it?
Thank you and i have searched a lot but could not find a solution

OK lets start at the basics...... In bootloader mode (tricolour screen) what text does it say at top of the screen?

Have you DEFINITELY Sim Unlocked and CID unlocked?

c.b

Jan 15, 2008
Milton Keynes
Ok that confirms you have the capability to flash. I have seen in the past some people have managed to flash one time only using jumpspl but then their device reverts back to original bootloader...I was one of those people :)

Next question then...Can you boot the phone normally and gain an activsync connection to it?

Last edited:

c.b

Jan 15, 2008
Milton Keynes
Are you using Xp or vista? If using vista it may be worth trying a reboot... sometimes it goes doolally with its usb ports. If you cannot see the phone through WMDC or activsync after a reboot it is worth going to SYSTEM (on your PC) viewing non present devices through device manager,( Drop to Command prompt and type... Devmgmt.msc set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 ) removing the relevant phone connection and then re attaching it so that windows re detects it.

If you can get a connection via actvisync (win XP) or WMDC (vista) to your phone then all should be ok. Uncheck the activesync/ WMDC "allow USB connections" and try again.

If this still doesn't work then search around here for MTTY. That will allow you to specify the usb connection to the device...amongst other things.

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
thank you for your time

i have win xp and activesync works nice
the problem is when bootloader starts

c.b

Jan 15, 2008
Milton Keynes
When you attempt flashing, do you do it from the device already booted into windows mobile or direct from bootloader?

Which ever way you have tried it, try ther other way.

Not teaching you to suck eggs but just in case you dont know.... To get direct to bootloader hold camera button and soft reset with stylus whilst holding camera button down and the tri colour screen should appear.

With device at the bootloader screen, Can you confirm that you hear the windows "noise" when you unplug and re plug the USB cable just as you would when plugging and unplugging the device normally. This will determine if the device has connection at the bootlaoder stage.

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
yes it has connection

the thing is that i have already flashed as i told before with dutty's v4
now i can't

c.b

Jan 15, 2008
Milton Keynes
Usually Error 260's are related to the USB port functionality ( Port can't be opened etc).

The SD card method or MTTY should sort you out.

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
almost

i cannot use my sd card cause i have to have it formated in order to put a new rom in

ach2

Feb 7, 2007
Hotels everywhere
This Link gives a list of eror codes for Hermes, and probably the same for Kaiser.

It's likely that you have a USB port error - maybe try changing the USB port you use or a different sync cable - or just stick to SD card flashing in the future - I keep an old 1gig card for this.

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
this IS the problem...i cannot flash...

it stays in the bootloader with the message i wrote

thimiost

Jan 5, 2008
you mean use the sd method to do hardspl again?

OHHH lord dutty we need your new rom