[05-Mar-09] Welcome to the EzInput 2.0 Keyboard Suite project

What kind of layout would you prefer for VGA ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
there is no half-QWERTY on the new diamond 2??
also will it be possible to remove the arrows at the bottom (for the VGA version ofcourse)?
anyways keep up the good work

C

conflipper

Hmmm.......... I am able to change my keyboard using the old menu. however I just get the qwerty, I am not able to select anything else. I will continue to work on this.

I am trying to get it to cook into a rom. but i cant quite get it to work yet.

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
there is no half-QWERTY on the new diamond 2??
also will it be possible to remove the arrows at the bottom (for the VGA version ofcourse)?
anyways keep up the good work

No, at this stage, no Compact Qwerty is available. Let's hope HTC will change its mind for the released version.

Changing the size of the rectangular area will require a code patching, a thing that we'll have to do for the QVGA layout, but that should be necessary just for Landscape under VGA. For the key coordinates, the xml files should be enough...

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
Hmmm.......... I am able to change my keyboard using the old menu. however I just get the qwerty, I am not able to select anything else. I will continue to work on this.

To force it with the registry:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\ezsip]

"CurrentSIP"=dword:[B]a00[/B]

I wonder if it should auto-detect the foreground application and change layout accordingly... it would be nice to have a setting panel to assign a different layout to each editing application. HTC ??

I will create a wish list on the first page... :)

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie

i had troubles getting the last version to cook in i jusuallly do it as a cab and when doing it that way you have to kill service sipgt when i try doing oem only a portion of the main app would install t9 etc

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
Its ok. Now I am resizing all the png's using photoshop. Is this the correct way?

I am resizing all images by 50%. Any suggestion?

Thanks and Regards

There are better image resizer around, but photoshop is ok.
50% will give us a quite big keyboard, for VGA, but since the code will need to be patched, it will be a good start. We have to investigate the format used in the .xml files, though...

If you manage to rebuild the cripped file, can you post it here ? I'll add it to the cabs...

Thanks ! :)

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
There are better image resizer around, but photoshop is ok.
50% will give us a quite big keyboard, for VGA, but since the code will need to be patched, it will be a good start. We have to investigate the format used in the .xml files, though...

If you manage to rebuild the cripped file, can you post it here ? I'll add it to the cabs...

Thanks ! :)
Oh, I haven't seen that xml file:(. Anyway, there are many image to be resized so more work:).

I think I cannot make that cripped file so I skiped that...... Will try later.

Edit: Problem found - after resizing LTel_Bg_Inv.png by 50% half, The image size became 400x89 but our qvga size will be 320:confused:. In portrait images its correct but only problem is with landscape images. May be it is because wvga images.:(

what shoud do now?

Last edited:

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
untill now, I was able to convert Landscape and Portrait images to qvga so still there are some files to be converted.

Part 1 is here : Link

BTW;

Resized Landscape images by 40%
Resized Portrait images by 50%

PQSym_Bg_Inv.png image/file is damaged so I left it.

So what % should I resize of other images/files. confusing:confused:

Edit: OK, I have redesigned the damaged file. I think its the good image at present, untill getting original one. I have also tested in Emulator and its working prefect. File is attached below.

Thanks and regards

Attachments

• PQSym_Bg_Inv.zip
    93.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

cursor

Sep 21, 2006
nice.

tried on my X1 but it still (like previous version) disables the àü and fn key of the hardware keyboard :_(

blutz

Oct 21, 2008
Tel-Aviv
www.mosko.mobi
HTC EzInput2 for Diamond

The Full Qwerty keyboard is too big for diamond screen,
so i got rid of the soft-arrows on the bottom, which are pointless coz diamond have hardware arrows.

Enjoy