nexus has LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

evilive27

Dec 22, 2008
I think so... Cause I have the old 6gb plan and never had lte but once I did the steps it's working. So I'm not sure if they'll charge me for being on the lte towers without letting them know

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Rengoku

Jul 20, 2012
I think so... Cause I have the old 6gb plan and never had lte but once I did the steps it's working. So I'm not sure if they'll charge me for being on the lte towers without letting them know

Did you actually get an lte sim card? or were you using the same sim card from your old plan?

evilive27

Dec 22, 2008
Had an lte enabled card from my gs3 international version.... which doesn't have lte. But when I switched from the regular Sim to the micro, they gave me a lte one

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
Guys, the factors required FOR SURE are the following (at least for Rogers), I would assume same for any provider:

LTE-enabled SIM CARD
LTE-enabled PLAN (through your carrier)
LTE-enabled phone (LOL 3 hours ago I thought I didnt have this)!
LTE APN settings (it appears these can be used for HSPA backwards compatibility)

You wont be charged extra to get your plan converted to LTE, although they might be wondering why you're doing it but usually its not an issue with Rogers

chug

Dec 18, 2007
Guys, the factors required FOR SURE are the following (at least for Rogers), I would assume same for any provider:

LTE-enabled SIM CARD
LTE APN settings (it appears these can be used for HSPA backwards compatibility)

You wont be charged extra to get your plan converted to LTE, although they might be wondering why you're doing it but usually its not an issue with Rogers

Has your reception been affected or anything by enabling this?

jerryeight

Mar 11, 2012
California
LTE on band 4 works on ATT i believe, same as canada, dont be so quick to assume.

currently uploading vid right now!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

OK guys, video is here:

Will be up in 25 mins!

http://youtu.be/n0Ud2NZav6s

lol how big is the video cause its still says video is processing when i use the link in your post

khaltire

Nov 24, 2011
See attached screenshots.

Video is now live and up and running! Vid is a walkthrough for 5 mins about how I got it to work. Enjoy :)

Nexus 4 has LTE!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-22-20-40-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-22-20-40-48.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 3,803
  • Screenshot_2012-11-22-22-09-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-22-22-09-09.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3,178
Last edited:

lpasq

Feb 14, 2006
Which of the four LTE network select options are you Canadian guys using? LTE only or one of the other options?

DarkRyoushii

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne
I love how laid back the title of this thread is, I honestly was about to report it for being yet another repost. I don't live in an LTE area but am sorta tempted to head down to the CBD in Melbourne, Australia and try it on Optus' network.

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
Can someone post a pic like this stating LTE in the mobile network type

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353652039192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353652039192.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,542

evilive27

Dec 22, 2008

LTE-enabled SIM CARD

Pretty sure I don't have an lte plan... Hope I don't get charged extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have managed to get LTE to stick as the default without needing to factory reset the phone.

First of all you need to modify the build.prop file and add this this line:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    You may need to remove a line that says:
    Code:
    telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

After doing this reset the Nexus 4.

After it restarts go into Settings, More..., Mobile networks.

A new menu option should exist called Network Mode. In this menu you can pick the default mode and change between then.

This should stick between reboots without needing to factory reset the phone. This will need to be done again when flashing a new rom as it will overwrite the build.prop file. This was all tested on CM10.1 nightly builds.
    Ok, ok. Somebody, now find that hidden SD slot !!!!!!!!!!
    Woot! I demand infinity thankyous!

Just kidding of course, but I assume you put in the 9? If so, then all the lines you need to add in build.prop are:

telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1
    ro.telephony.default_network=9
    ro.ril.def.preferred.network=9

...followed by a factory reset of your device
    See attached screenshots.

Video is now live and up and running! Vid is a walkthrough for 5 mins about how I got it to work. Enjoy :)

Nexus 4 has LTE!!