[Q] Root for Asus Fonepad

Search This thread

Sexxmax

Aug 2, 2003
Hey Guys

I have bought the asus Fonepad which so far is a great device.
But i can´t find any information onn the internet on how to root it.

Could you use a general root for the padfone or do i have to wait for
a special root.

Thank you

farberstyle

Oct 8, 2010
I got my Fonepad this morning and its nice, but it needs some developer love to be my daily driver for more than a couple of weeks.

You cant count me in for at least $50 towards the cost of a device if a developer wanted to take it on.

muz2000

May 29, 2009
Hey Guys

I have bought the asus Fonepad which so far is a great device.
But i can´t find any information onn the internet on how to root it.

Could you use a general root for the padfone or do i have to wait for
a special root.

Thank you

I've on this device for cluple of days and it's really a kind of device with great potentials. The screen is nice with good density and the connectivity are all in. The telephony features is unique for this kind of device and the best part is it's running on Intel, I know developers can do wonders on this device and not to forget the price is very affordable. The kernel source code are available at asus website.

So dev's let's start the exciting work and really I need to root my device ASAP.

Thanks for the reading.

Reactions: fasda1984

fasda1984

Nov 18, 2010
Asus fonepad

Hi to everyone, i have bought this device too, great phablet but no chance to install Firefox or Firefox beta in order to test flashplayer. It s says damaged or invalid packet. Poor rear camera with NO flash, so guys let me change ideas about this device...:cyclops: i ve tried a lot of version of flash apk with no result. Please help us :)

xda-forum-noob

Apr 28, 2013

Tested it on the fonepad. Doesn't work. The shell doesn't show up after booting. Also after "Restore my data" the script doesn't recognize that the restore is done. I have to power off the device manually.

Up to now I haven't found a solution on the net to get root access. I want to use the fonepad with USB OTG to controll a DSLR. If this isn't possible I have to sell it again :confused:

russel51

Oct 10, 2011
I've ordered it and I'm waiting for the device, I hope that will be opened a dedicated forum!
Coming from P1000 that was kept alive still today with 4.2.2 by amazing developers. I hope this will too.

perlmane

Dec 19, 2006
New Jersey
I got one too

I have had mine for a week now and am finding the performance to be a bit sluggish, but not too bad. The total package is quite nice. However, we need to be able to root it to get the most out of it. I will contribute as well.

atagent

Oct 18, 2007
How much?

Hi guys, just curious how much you bought the Fonepad for and if anyone using it on T-Mo? If so, what speed are you getting with the HSDPA?

Thanks!

Edit #1: I'm blind, PERLMANE is on T-Mo. What data speeds are you getting?

Edit #2: Oh and can you side loan Flash Player so viewing of websites with Flash content? I read somewhere saying since it's X86 that Flash Player won't work, though I couldn't understand why not.

Last edited:

steve271

May 1, 2013
Hi to everyone, i have bought this device too, great phablet but no chance to install Firefox or Firefox beta in order to test flashplayer. It s says damaged or invalid packet. Poor rear camera with NO flash, so guys let me change ideas about this device...:cyclops: i ve tried a lot of version of flash apk with no result. Please help us :)

I got the same error message when I tried to install Firefox. I looked at the Firefox release notes and it says Firefox does not support Android running on an Intel chip. I had not realised this was going to be a big limitation.

Reactions: resxda

mangkook

Mar 15, 2012
I hope asus fonepad get some love from dev soon. Lot of potential in these phablet. Intel has some software compatibility but seems makes up in battery life.

Sent from my ME371MG using xda app-developers app

nminjesus

May 28, 2009
I try every ways that I know to root it, but none success~
so still waiting for root~
I know youcan get a firefox for x86 android, try to search it~

perlmane

Dec 19, 2006
New Jersey
Hi guys, just curious how much you bought the Fonepad for and if anyone using it on T-Mo? If so, what speed are you getting with the HSDPA?

Thanks!

Edit #1: I'm blind, PERLMANE is on T-Mo. What data speeds are you getting?

Edit #2: Oh and can you side loan Flash Player so viewing of websites with Flash content? I read somewhere saying since it's X86 that Flash Player won't work, though I couldn't understand why not.

I am getting good speeds on T-Mobile. While it says "H", it is clearly delivering H+ speeds consistently over 5m download and close to 3m upload. This is much faster (almost double) that of the H+ speeds I was getting from AT&T.

As for Flash, I could install it, but that effort was not worthwhile since it does not seem to work with any browser.

Reactions: atagent

amimu

Jan 7, 2011
Asus Fonepad USA Fedex asking FCC Form

I ordered from Taiwan for delivery to USA.

Fedex called and says they need FCC form 740 and it asks for FCC Id. Otherwisea they say it will not clear custom. How do people get this into USA? Has Fonepad passed FCC requirements?

Not sure how I can proceed...

perlmane

Dec 19, 2006
New Jersey
I ordered from Taiwan for delivery to USA.

Fedex called and says they need FCC form 740 and it asks for FCC Id. Otherwisea they say it will not clear custom. How do people get this into USA? Has Fonepad passed FCC requirements?

Not sure how I can proceed...

That form is supplied by the shipper. The same thing happened to me, but it was resolved immediately without issue.

atagent

Oct 18, 2007
I am getting good speeds on T-Mobile. While it says "H", it is clearly delivering H+ speeds consistently over 5m download and close to 3m upload. This is much faster (almost double) that of the H+ speeds I was getting from AT&T.

As for Flash, I could install it, but that effort was not worthwhile since it does not seem to work with any browser.

Thanks for the feedback! I wish Flash worked since I'm on Justin.tv constantly streaming videos...!

Top Liked Posts