KNOX Warranty 0x0 is Warranty Pointless

Search This thread

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
For all the effort we spent on keeping KNOX at 0x0, it appears pointless.

I took my phone over to a Samsung Repair center, and even though my KNOX was at 0x0, it was still deemed Out - Of - Warranty because the Status was custom.

Of course you might be able to use Triangle Away or Wanam to Zero it, but then the techs will see those, and Void your warranty anyways.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

I took my phone over to a Samsung Repair center, and even though my KNOX was at 0x0, it was still deemed Out - Of - Warranty because the Status was custom.

Of course you might be able to use Triangle Away or Wanam to Zero it, but then the techs will see those, and Void your warranty anyways.

It's luck of the draw...

It took about a week between sending it in and getting it back. The issue I had was that the note would not reboot if you pulled the battery and reinserted without having to connect it to the charger. Before I sent it in, i flashed back to stock using ODIN. I checked the status of the repair and it said they had replaced a component. I wasn't sure if they were going to do anything since I had tripped KNOX counter.

**The kicker**

I got it back today and immediately went into download mode and to my surprise, KNOX was reset to 0X0!! I know they said they were going to flash it back to stock when they got it, but i didn't think KNOX could be reset (even by them).

:D

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai

Did it have an external SD card in it? Sometimes that can cause the Custom status.

st3chn0

Jul 24, 2010
Leeds
Use triangle away and flash stock you'll have that back to official

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
What country are you in? Here in the UK mobiles are covered by EU law and have a 2 year warranty. Over at the S4 forums we've had guys with no issues with warranty once KNOX has been tripped but I guess it varies on your service centres and such.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

dazza7111

Apr 28, 2008
Newcastle
My 64 GB Memory card used to do this on note 2 and s4. Had to wipe phone without card. Not checked note 3 yet? If it says custom when theres an update will not be happy
Just checked says official.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts