Has this made your keyboard more responsive?

• Total voters
Search This thread

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
This is now included in SFR and Anova's Rom!

Even though most customs roms now have the wonderful keyboard patch posted by mkasick here, I've found that almost all of them still drop keys. But, with some experimenting, I believe I've found the perfect value to set the key timer at :)

If you want to make these settings stick at boot, flash my handy dandy zip attached to this post. :D Credit to the method goes to user_none. If you flash and still get occational dropped keys, it's because you're a typing beast. Flashing the speed demon version should fix it 100% for you :D

If you want to do it manually, or try it out first, use the command below:

• Download terminal emulator from the market
  • Open it up
  • Code:
    su
    echo 5 > /sys/devices/platform/s3c-keypad/timer_delay
  • Should be good! Marvel in the ability to type as fast and accurately as you'd like on the Epic's keyboard :)

If this Impaled tip has helped you, toss me a thanks :)

Need a how-to? Big thanks to qbking77 for this video guide! :D

Attachments

• ImpaledKeyboardTweak.zip
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,616
  • ImpaledKeyboardTweakSpeedDemonEdition.zip
    156.8 KB · Views: 3,091
Last edited:

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago
Even though most customs roms now have the wonderful keyboard patch posted by mkasick, I've found that almost all of them still drop keys. But, with some experimenting, I believe I've found the perfect value to set the key timer at :)

• Open it up
  • Code:
    su
  • Should be good! Marvel in the ability to type as fast and accurately as you'd like on the Epic's keyboard :)

If this Impaled tip has helped you, help me get to 1,000 thanks :)

OMGOMGOMG I'm frantically installing terminal emulator to try this! THANK YOU! :D

snowmanwithahat

Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
It should be stated, (last time I read this thread it wasn't) that this does require a rooted rom.

It's implied and obvious, yes, but someone is bound to ask.

theimpaler747

It should be stated, (last time I read this thread it wasn't) that this does require a rooted rom.

It's implied and obvious, yes, but someone is bound to ask.

Yes, and I do say it requires a compatible kernel ;) :D

I see a definite improvement, the only issue now seems to be getting used to using a hard keyboard again before I can really assess any change. ;)

Lol, true true, at least it's actually an option now ;) :)

theimpaler747

Still on EB13. Is this directory supposed to exist?

I haven't applied and keypad fixes yet.

If you don't have a compatible kernel with the tweak, then no this will not work, as I explain in the OP. Most new kernels however, are compatible

snowmanwithahat

Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
lol my bad about the compatible kernel. I just wanted to try it without reading through the whole way.

I'll be on EC05 SRF soon.... just as soon as that damn Gingerbread theme comes out. (I hate TW-theming that much)...

theimpaler747

Omg what a fail, I thought it was for the virtual keyboard, sorry

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

Lol, no problem :)

lol my bad about the compatible kernel. I just wanted to try it without reading through the whole way.

I'll be on EC05 SRF soon.... just as soon as that damn Gingerbread theme comes out. (I hate TW-theming that much)...

And it will work on SFB :D

There isn't a keyboard on the Aria...

Texted while driving

That's the trick! ;) :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is now included in SFR and Anova's Rom!

Even though most customs roms now have the wonderful keyboard patch posted by mkasick here, I've found that almost all of them still drop keys. But, with some experimenting, I believe I've found the perfect value to set the key timer at :)

If you want to make these settings stick at boot, flash my handy dandy zip attached to this post. :D Credit to the method goes to user_none. If you flash and still get occational dropped keys, it's because you're a typing beast. Flashing the speed demon version should fix it 100% for you :D

If you want to do it manually, or try it out first, use the command below:

• Open it up
    • Code:
      su

If this Impaled tip has helped you, toss me a thanks :)

Need a how-to? Big thanks to qbking77 for this video guide! :D

OMGOMGOMG I'm frantically installing terminal emulator to try this! THANK YOU! :D

Not a problem, let me know how it goes! And if it works, don't forget to utilize that button ;) :)
    Even though most customs roms now have the wonderful keyboard patch posted by mkasick, I've found that almost all of them still drop keys. But, with some experimenting, I believe I've found the perfect value to set the key timer at :)

• Open it up
    • Code:
      su

If this Impaled tip has helped you, help me get to 1,000 thanks :)

Still on EB13. Is this directory supposed to exist?

I haven't applied and keypad fixes yet.

If you don't have a compatible kernel with the tweak, then no this will not work, as I explain in the OP. Most new kernels however, are compatible
    I tried to hit it, I used my 5 thanks for the day.... Came back to this thread, forgot I used them and tried it again haha... don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow to fight my thanks button nemesis ;)

Lol, no worries, and for that, I thank you ;)