How to flash boot animation?

Search This thread

camalus

Sep 14, 2009
Just use root explorer or any other file manager with root rights and copy it. No need to flash.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

darinmc

Feb 1, 2011
Oakland Park, FL
what rom are you using? Depending on the ROM, you navigate to where it is with a file explorer, rename the stock to whatever, copy the animation .zip that you want to the same folder (renaming it what the stock was, exactly) and you're done.

xxMAGICxx

Nov 5, 2010
Royal Ginger 1.5
So I download the stock boot animation and put the files into the bootanimation.zip file I already have?

:)

jdkoren

Jan 4, 2011
Silicon Valley
I'm assuming you've downloaded a zip file from somewhere. Do not unzip it, just rename it to "bootanimation.zip" and place it in the directory that holds the original bootanimation.zip file. You can always make a backup of the original first.

This may depend on the rom, but usually you can put your new bootanimation.zip file in the /data/local/ directory, and the phone will use that without you having to disturb the original.

xazilizax

Sep 1, 2011
It belongs in System/media, you must delete the original though or you wont get an animation

Sent from my HTC Glaciee using XDA Premium App

I'm trying to change my boot animation also. I changed the zipped file to bootanimation.zip. How do I access System/media ? When I mount, it just opens the sd drive on my computer.

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
I'm trying to change my boot animation also. I changed the zipped file to bootanimation.zip. How do I access System/media ? When I mount, it just opens the sd drive on my computer.

You need to be rooted and you need to do it with your device with some kind of file manager like root explorer.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

keji13

Feb 3, 2011
new york
Once ur rooted u could just go into recovery and install the zip manually that's usually how I do it or download the bootloader changer app either requires root

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

ademischko

Dec 31, 2010
Kiel (SGS2, darkyrom HD)
wtf, i can't change the bootanimation... whats wrong?

I used the OTA app to chance the bootanimation, nothing...
I've tried to replace the bootanimation in system/media .. nothing still the "S"
Then I copied the bootanimation.zip into date/local ... nothing
I've deleted the bootanimation in system/media ... STILL the S..

Where is the bootanimation?? Ive installed SpeedMod kernel K2-21 ..
With supercore, I had no problems.

Please help

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
wtf, i can't change the bootanimation... whats wrong?

I used the OTA app to chance the bootanimation, nothing...
I've tried to replace the bootanimation in system/media .. nothing still the "S"
Then I copied the bootanimation.zip into date/local ... nothing
I've deleted the bootanimation in system/media ... STILL the S..

Where is the bootanimation?? Ive installed SpeedMod kernel K2-21 ..
With supercore, I had no problems.

Please help

What from you using and what animation you trying to add?

ademischko

Dec 31, 2010
Kiel (SGS2, darkyrom HD)
I just dont understand what you mean with: "What from you using"

I tried the SGS2 Bios from OTA app. Before flashing Speedmodkernel, it worked great.

Then I tried to replace the Bootanimation with any other.. I found that thread:

Bootanimation

I downdloaded bootanimation_v2.zip and renamed it into bootanimation.zip, then replaced it like i said in the post before..

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
I just dont understand what you mean with: "What from you using"

I tried the SGS2 Bios from OTA app. Before flashing Speedmodkernel, it worked great.

Then I tried to replace the Bootanimation with any other.. I found that thread:

Bootanimation

I downdloaded bootanimation_v2.zip and renamed it into bootanimation.zip, then replaced it like i said in the post before..

My bad, I meant to type rom. Auto correct is killing me. Anyways, depending on the rom you're in, you will have to name the boot animation differently and place it in a specific place also depending on the rom.

If the rom you're in is aosp, then you're naming it right but it will go in system/media.
For sense roms, you will have to rename the boot animation to htc_bootanimation.zip and place it in system/customize/resource.

EDIT: I actually downloaded the boot animation myself, and I think I found the reason probably why is not working. In the desc.txt file, the screen res is wrong for our device. That boot animations res is 480x115, our supposed to be 480x800.

So do this,
Extract the bootanimation.zip you downloaded
Open and edit the desc.txt file with your file managers text editor
Change the res from 480x115 to 480x800 save and exit
Zip back the file, name it correctly, fix permissions and move it to its correctsponding place and reboot. See if that works.

Last edited:

ademischko

Dec 31, 2010
Kiel (SGS2, darkyrom HD)
Thanks for your help. But I think this is the SpeedMod Kernel blocking everything...

I tried that bootanimation which I attached just now. The desc.txt file is correct, placed in system/media but it doesn't work.

I am on darkys HD rom. Without the Speedmodkernel everything is fine. to change my THEME I had to flash the supercore kernel and then back to SpeedMod, because when I try it with the Speedmod kernel, nothing happens. Just like the bootanimation, when I try it zu replace and reboot, nothing happens xD

It has to be the Speedmod Kernel. What else?

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: strannij

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do I flash my bootanimation.zip file through terminal emulator?

:)
    Thanks for your help. But I think this is the SpeedMod Kernel blocking everything...

I tried that bootanimation which I attached just now. The desc.txt file is correct, placed in system/media but it doesn't work.

I am on darkys HD rom. Without the Speedmodkernel everything is fine. to change my THEME I had to flash the supercore kernel and then back to SpeedMod, because when I try it with the Speedmod kernel, nothing happens. Just like the bootanimation, when I try it zu replace and reboot, nothing happens xD

It has to be the Speedmod Kernel. What else?