No ICS for Droid Charge

Search This thread

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
In regards to Verizon's upgrade list here; even though it isn't complete, I think it is ridiculous that carriers aren't more worried about getting their phones upgraded. I recognize that the manufacturers do the development, but you'd think that the carriers would try to light a fire under their ass.

Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.

mkuehl06

Sep 5, 2011
Kouts
Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.
Seems like vzw is always royally screwing Samsung users. I had a fascinate (still do with jts cm9 kang) and their gb update screwed the phone up, so i had to flash Justin's leak of eh03 on it. I know its off topic but just another example of sorry ass vzw ideas

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

piizzadude

Feb 26, 2011
Harrisburg
Is this still the same list that has NO Samsung phones on it? So none of them are getting an upgrade?

List is obviously not near complete....

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I have heard from more than one person that Samsung has internal ICS builds for the Charge. I don't see them working on builds internally if there are no plans to upgrade the phone. Just look at the Continuum, it had internal builds of Froyo and it got updated, though it was about 8 months after every other Galaxy S phone got updated. Odds are, they will just roll out ICS to fix problems rather than working on fixing stuff in GB in the next update.

Reactions: elucid

Hindle1225

Jun 18, 2010
If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS I"ll most likely have a different phone. have my doubts it will get it though.
I'm just glad the charge devs around here have kept me content with this phone for so long.

Charge-TwStock 1.4 / Bought this app!

DirgeExtinction

Sep 24, 2010
If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS I"ll most likely have a different phone. have my doubts it will get it though.
I'm just glad the charge devs around here have kept me content with this phone for so long.

Charge-TwStock 1.4 / Bought this app!

Eh,I'm currently running JT's CM9 and, personally, it's very close to a daily driver. All I need is data/mms/camera and I'd be set. I have faith the RIL will be figured out in due time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

andrewjt19

Eh,I'm currently running JT's CM9 and, personally, it's very close to a daily driver. All I need is data/mms/camera and I'd be set. I have faith the RIL will be figured out in due time.

I agree- JT and imnuts have done alot with the Charge- I know we will have ICS working soon with or without VZW & Samsung.

droidxrooting

Jan 23, 2011
I think it will get ICS, one way or another :p

Your glass is half full sir! I like optimists!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

I have heard from more than one person that Samsung has internal ICS builds for the Charge. I don't see them working on builds internally if there are no plans to upgrade the phone. Just look at the Continuum, it had internal builds of Froyo and it got updated, though it was about 8 months after every other Galaxy S phone got updated. Odds are, they will just roll out ICS to fix problems rather than working on fixing stuff in GB in the next update.

I know verizon and samsung is working on the patch for the charge. It will mostly fix audio quality issues with droid charge. It supposed to come out soon. I dont have any other information yet. Once I fiund out will let you guys know.

JihadSquad

Oct 5, 2011
Madison, WI
xdaforums.com
Your glass is half full sir! I like optimists!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

I know verizon and samsung is working on the patch for the charge. It will mostly fix audio quality issues with droid charge. It supposed to come out soon. I dont have any other information yet. Once I fiund out will let you guys know.

They are also supposedly adding some ICS features to the original galaxy S line like face unlock and a new camera app so maybe we are getting that too...

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Wasn't that "value pack" denied by Samsung a while back?

yeah there was that, then they took it away, but then I thought I read that they were going to add some features in with a future update

well the value pack did leak (dont know if it ever came out officially) for the og sgs intl version w/ facelock, new camera, and galaxy note-esque lockscreen

piizzadude

Feb 26, 2011
Harrisburg
well the value pack did leak (dont know if it ever came out officially) for the og sgs intl version w/ facelock, new camera, and galaxy note-esque lockscreen

I didn't know it leaked... I am surprised some of those features didn't make it into the custom roms around here and other galaxy phones. Guess I am going to go hunting....

Charged up post!

khalilcr

Mar 21, 2012
It will happen

CM 7 I dont think will happen to the charge but there is work happening for CM9.
If we do get CM9 (Which is beeing worked on) Who cares about stock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it will get ICS, one way or another :p
    I didn't research all these phones to find out but...

Do they all have more ram than 512MB? That might be the limitation for the charge.

Edit: I researched the devices. They all have at least 768MB ram. That's probably why the Droid 3 isn't getting it either.

The ICS ROMS are running smoothly for the most part on the Fascinate (I have been running ICS on my Fascinate for a couple months now, but picked up a Charge for pennies on eBay), can't be too long before we see something similar for the Charge, right?

Hopefully not. Just waiting on the ril.

They are also supposedly adding some ICS features to the original galaxy S line like face unlock and a new camera app so maybe we are getting that too...

Wasn't that "value pack" denied by Samsung a while back?