locked out

Search This thread

fmjswitch

Feb 21, 2013
Hello everyone.

Somehow I managed to lock myself out of my own phone using the pincode screen lock. I've tried a few trouble shooting solutions which I found online, including downloading something from my computers google play store. Nothing seems to be working and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to help me out?

I've using a sprint galaxy s3 with cm-10.2.0-RC1 mod and I can still access TWRP.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
unfortunately your only option is probably a factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe.

you can do a backup first, reset and probably then restore data for your apps and their data, that probably doesn't include the pin settings which would be saved in the system settings (I would think)

fmjswitch

Feb 21, 2013
unfortunately your only option is probably a factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe.

you can do a backup first, reset and probably then restore data for your apps and their data, that probably doesn't include the pin settings which would be saved in the system settings (I would think)

tried this today, apparently the pin is saved to the data. that was the only part of the backup I couldn't restore.

Have you tried using your Google account to recover your lock code?

I was unaware I could do this, do you have any more information on how to do this?

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
tried this today, apparently the pin is saved to the data. that was the only part of the backup I couldn't restore.

You might try using an app like MyBackupPro and do a selective backup of apps and their data and not use the recovery restore.

Only thing I could find on pin and google account was for wallet and voice, admittedly I didn't spend more than a few minutes googling it. Figured I'd take a look as well, for ya.

Good luck
EDIT: there is an app for that https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thomascannon.screenlockbypass.pro&hl=en

Last edited:

fmjswitch

Feb 21, 2013

FallenZen

Apr 23, 2011
that's what I thought too, but I'm thinking cyanogenmod disables this feature. Its told me on numerous occasions "you got the password wrong 15 times, please wait 30 seconds then try again"

Hm. No idea there, but if that's the case then perhaps it's possible that there is a way to flash a patch to restore that functionality.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Hello everyone.

Somehow I managed to lock myself out of my own phone using the pincode screen lock. I've tried a few trouble shooting solutions which I found online, including downloading something from my computers google play store. Nothing seems to be working and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to help me out?

I've using a sprint galaxy s3 with cm-10.2.0-RC1 mod and I can still access TWRP.

Flash this in recovery. Phone will be unlocked on boot. This is safe to use on ANY phone where u cannot pass the screen lock. Made by me so please don't do nothing unethical with it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...AHNL0lqeon1ovtebgbepd0GtgrhhYP_YH_2Ih-lrGGufw

Last edited:
Reactions: FallenZen

FallenZen

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for the bypass alternative, Billard.

As an epilogue to this thread, I'd like to share a discovery. It turns out that there IS an option for "forgot password," but if you use a PIN instead of a Pattern with a PIN backup then you'll never know. It's squarely centered at the bottom of the screen if you get your pattern wrong too many times and don't decide to use your backup PIN.

Basically, some (I'm going to guess) intern had this bright idea for increasing security... And so what we've wound up with are two neighboring options on the scale of security levels: the PIN option with zero official redundancies, or the Pattern+PIN option with its TWO redundancies. Why the pattern gets more outs than the Mets on any given day, while the PIN is as rigid and unforgiving as a Catholic school matron, I can't begin to fathom. Go figure, huh?

Maybe somebody who's a lot smarter than I am can figure out how to copy that function and incorporate it into the rest of the lock options for future ROMs.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it,
-Zen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone.

Flash this in recovery. Phone will be unlocked on boot. This is safe to use on ANY phone where u cannot pass the screen lock. Made by me so please don't do nothing unethical with it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...AHNL0lqeon1ovtebgbepd0GtgrhhYP_YH_2Ih-lrGGufw