[Q] What h.264 Profile level does the Compact support for playback?

Search This thread

Kaskade

Aug 14, 2011
In previous white papers like that from the Xperia Ray that i own, too.. there was information like "h.264 High Profile Level 3.1". I used this information to get the best possible encodes with Handbrake.
Unfortunately all the white papers from the Z line don't tell that anymore. Does someone know what the Compact supports now?

Kaskade

Aug 14, 2011
The Z1 Compact records in 1080p, 30fps High Profile Level 4.0.
I know that, too. What i was asking is what profile it supports for playback, not recording.
Usually playback has higher support than recording. Example of Xperia Ray: Recording = Baseline Profile 0 / Playback = High Profile 3.1

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
I know that, too. What i was asking is what profile it supports for playback, not recording.
Usually playback has higher support than recording. Example of Xperia Ray: Recording = Baseline Profile 0 / Playback = High Profile 3.1

I don't think it supports higher profile/level for playback. You could send me a sample though and I'll check if it plays smoothly.

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
I forgot where I got this but it states that it supports playback for High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps