Could someone please help unbrick my Sprint LG G2 with TMOBILE ROM?

Search This thread

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 9, 2012
Spokane WA
This is a post I made in another thread two days ago.

I was able to go back to the stock Sprint ROM. I've been working at it since I posted my last post.

Go here and download the tools pack in that thread. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542442

This youtube video walks you through setting up the flash tool and what you should do. When it says to unplug the phone and power off then plug back in, I just unplugged and plugged back in while holding Volume up button.

I did everything in this video and it kept saying fail since it shows that it is a T-Mobile G2 and not a Sprint. To fix that, I went in to TWRP and wiped system, cache, dalvik, and data. Then it worked perfectly. I'm now back on stock.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

htc fan89

Jun 12, 2009
Ottawa,Vaudreuil-Dorion and NYC
@htc fan89 - If you don't mind - Can you clearly explain the steps you used ? (for benefit of others who may end up in your situation)
Thanks.

I first flashed custom recovery via adb or you can do by recovery flasher...then I sideloaded stock sprint ROM ( any sprint rom(zip file) will do). So it would think it's a sprint g2. Then I finally flashed it to stock sprint rom with lg flasher tool. Basically what abiarul said.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pm.mohanani@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2013
Sangli
Thank you so much, It worked...I'm back to stock sprint rom and no more problems...:laugh::laugh::laugh::good::good:

can you please share the TWRP for SPRINT LG G2..

i am not getting as it stops at 99.99%

Please help

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

I'm in the same position as OP, but I have managed to flash CWM but, I still can't get it back to being ls980...

i am too stuck with the LG G2 Sprint Bricked...
please help me dear..

for the problem i have, i have posted it down below...please scrolldown tocheck...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656275

hope ur help might make a dead(device) come to live...

abatoir

Jun 20, 2012
sprint zip

Just search how to back to stock rom t mobile. You flash the stock rom tmobile kdz via lg flash tool.
After flash, you ve got tmobile rom. But always crash every 30 seconds.
Root via adb, and flash twrp recovery. You have done quickly coz random boot.

After success root and flash twrp, you download stock rooted rom sprint ekstension zip.
Flash via twrp, and you back to fasboot mode, bootloop. But your g2 was sprint again.

Download rom back to stock, fill dll and tot file, flash via lg flash tool. Awesome, you be back to new handheld.

Sorry my english so bad...

where can i get the stock rooted rom sprint?

htc fan89

Jun 12, 2009
where can i get the stock rooted rom sprint?

if you have custom recovery, just flash any sprint rooted stock rom from sprint lg g2 development section.. It just has to install successful, doesn't matter if the rom boots or not. so, basically this would turn your g2 back into a sprint g2 model. Then just use lg flasher to flash stock rom back, and it should work. That's what I did to get my sprint g2 back to sprint g2.

pm.mohanani@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2013
Sangli
give me a few minutes and ill get you a stock d801 rom that will boot on your device (modified to work on our ls980) that should allow you to flash it through recovery, then get booted up to place a rom on your internal storage

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HYWZRx8JLsZlBlbUt1c0MwYjQ/edit?usp=sharing

this is a stock tomible rom that will work on our ls980 - this was made by justinswidebody.

flash this (just like a normal rom) reboot your phone
place your new rom on the device, flash that (just like a normal rom)

and that should return your device state back to a ls980, or you can boot into the rom change your build.prop and then use download mode.

either way should help fix your issue.

tried the same but didnt work..

more alternates required...

htc fan89

Jun 12, 2009
i too have same prob..

if u got solved then plz let me know about it..

also require the adb sidelod supportable ROM.

read my post, it tells how to get it back to sprint rom...

1) Get custom recovery on your phone
2) by using adb side load sprint rooted stock rom ( so, it would become a sprint G2 again from being an t-mobile g2, that's the reason it fails in lg flasher tool)
3) Now, once it flash successful, boot into downloader mode. Then flash stock sprint rom via lg flasher tool.

beeroatsnp90x

Aug 19, 2010
if sideload doesn't work (sideload didn't work for me) I just used adb push instead of adb sideload.

you just adb push "name of rom" to /sdcard/0. if you are bootlooping the problem is that you didn't downgrade aboot and maybe forgot to downgrade radio. You need to do this: adb push the zv8 radio and zv7 boot to sdcard in recovery to /sdcard/0

for example in my case:

Type adb push zv7-aboot.img /sdcard/
Type adb shell
Type dd if=/sdcard/zv7-aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

then adb push zv8radio.zip /sdcard/0
after you downgrade your aboot with the above commands, flash the cm11 rom and gapps. then flash the zv8 radio. You will then be able to boot. Hope this helps anyone that needs specific instructions on what to do if they softbricked their g2 on zva and didn't downgrade aboot or flash zv8 radio.

SPASuka

Oct 11, 2008
Some problem with flash t-mobile rom to ls980.
But I was back to stock. Now imei and modem is unkown.

I can`t flash custom recovery - no luck by program, and no luck by ADB. stuck in su request (root was made)
Any help?

Sorry for my English.
Thx

chinocjm

Mar 8, 2014
i have the exact same problem

hello im glad it worked for you ive been struggling with the same problem for 2 months already and nothing had worked for me...can u help me and explain to me how to do this procces please i have the same lg g2 ls980 flashed with the tmobiles firmware d801 and with the flash tool always give me different model error

RAin geAR

Jun 28, 2011
Just search how to back to stock rom t mobile. You flash the stock rom tmobile kdz via lg flash tool.

After success root and flash twrp, you download stock rooted rom sprint ekstension zip.
Flash via twrp, and you back to fasboot mode, bootloop. But your g2 was sprint again.

Download rom back to stock, fill dll and tot file, flash via lg flash tool. Awesome, you be back to new handheld.

Hi,

Need advice. Been reading all of the threads but still coming to a dead end.

Situation:
1. Phone was previously running 2faced G3 Rom.
2. Installed recovery using AutoRec but failed.
3. Now, my phone boots to the Security Error screen and shuts down.
4. I can not get into Recovery.
5. I can get into Download Mode and run LG Flash Tool v1.8.1.1023.
6. LG Flash Tool does not allow me to return to stock using TOT because of "Device Model is different" error message.
7. Per suggestion above, I tried flashing T-mobile KDZ using LG Flash Tool 2014, but it does not recognize my phone. It keeps waiting for the phone to connect.

Any suggestions on what I should do next? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Arnel

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    give me a few minutes and ill get you a stock d801 rom that will boot on your device (modified to work on our ls980) that should allow you to flash it through recovery, then get booted up to place a rom on your internal storage

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HYWZRx8JLsZlBlbUt1c0MwYjQ/edit?usp=sharing

this is a stock tomible rom that will work on our ls980 - this was made by justinswidebody.

flash this (just like a normal rom) reboot your phone
    place your new rom on the device, flash that (just like a normal rom)

and that should return your device state back to a ls980, or you can boot into the rom change your build.prop and then use download mode.

either way should help fix your issue.
    I'm trying again today, so I got TWRP on it this time, and I sidenloaded "sprint T-mobile rom" and it flashed successful and it shows 2.2gb as space taken up the rom. But, when I reboot I get:

fastboot
    udc_start()

so now what?

edit: so now I'm getting this:
    [780] fast boot mode start
    [830] udc_start()
    [990] -reset-
    [1000] -port charge-
    [1090] fastboot: processing commands
    Also it says:
    E: Unable to find partition size for '/sb12'
    E: Unable to find partition size for '/sb13'
    seems it's has gotten worse than before...i think doing cache clearing after flashing the rom wasn't a good thing...

Moved out of the Development Threads....as it does not belong there...OP please read the Forum Rules on posting. Thanks.

Thank you so much, It worked...I'm back to stock sprint rom and no more problems...:laugh::laugh::laugh::good::good:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656275

This thread works for Sprint LG G2 as long as you can get into download mode :)